New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I just bought new Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser 4x4, kinda new lang po sa Isuzu ask ko lang po if any good or bad sides in buying this SUV in terms of service, maintenance, performance and fuel consumptions.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aksazn View Post
    I just bought new Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser 4x4, kinda new lang po sa Isuzu ask ko lang po if any good or bad sides in buying this SUV in terms of service, maintenance, performance and fuel consumptions.
    First, Congratulations!

I have heard vry impresive reviews from some media and regular friends of the Alterra -- particularly the fuel consumption and power.

Uncle Nick, one of the boards forumers just got himself one, a 4x4 at that, and is technically adept to provide you with his reviews. Let us wait for him to chime in his thoughts.

In the meantime, drop the anxiety and enjoy your new SUV!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Darn! Slow internet connection caused this double post.....
    Last edited by Benzmizer; January 17th, 2011 at 11:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yeah, its a one month old always excited to drive this car, but it worries me the after sales such as the maintance in Isuzu's casa, marami kasi akong nabasa sa mga ibat-ibang forums na medyo sablay or di satisfying ang mga services nila. BTW I will post some pictures of my Alterra maybe tommorow.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aksazn View Post
    Yeah, its a one month old always excited to drive this car, but it worries me the after sales such as the maintance in Isuzu's casa, marami kasi akong nabasa sa mga ibat-ibang forums na medyo sablay or di satisfying ang mga services nila. BTW I will post some pictures of my Alterra maybe tommorow.
    Give it the benefit of the doubt... besides, I would not recommend you to have your brand new Alterra be done somewhere else.... not at least 3 years/100,000 kilometers.

Word of advice, do your assignment. Ask around to which ISUZU dealer has provided satisfactory services. Befriend SAs (Service Advisors) and maybe even mechanics of CASA. You'd be surprised of the "added care" would be provide your vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I bought my Alterra 7 months ago. It is also 4x4 and a special edition at that.

Overall I like the ride. What exceed my expectation is the engine noise, it wasn't as loud as many said it was. Also the Alterra is incredibly responsive and quick.

One thing that disappointed me though is the fuel consumption. On a pure city driving, it is about 7km/liter. I have been constantly measuring it for 7 months now and it is always around that figure. I doubt it that will significantly change. Odo now reads 4900 km.

When I read about other people saying their vehicle gets 15 km/l or so, I can't help but think that they are just exaggerating..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    First, Congratulations!

I have heard very impresive reviews from some media and regular friends of the Alterra -- particularly the fuel consumption and power.

Uncle Nick, one of the boards forumers just got himself one, a 4x4 at that, and is technically adept to provide you with his reviews. Let us wait for him to chime in his thoughts.

In the meantime, drop the anxiety and enjoy your new SUV!
    Remember..It is a truck....it's a diesel...and an Isuzu!!!

It is solid reliable transportation and will outlast everything else on the road.

All you have to do is give it good clean fuel, regular CASA service and religiously change the oil and filter at least every 5000kms or more often if in dusty driving conditions.

There is a honeymoon period, however.

You will have to accumulate approximately 10,000 klms before you can really appreciate true power and economy.

Your Alterra was built for the long term.

Here is a Nick's trick for you;

At least once a month, use the 4 wheel drive feature on unpaved road.

You want the seals and gears in the transfer case and automatic locking front hubs to get lubricated at least periodically.

If you need advice on using the 4x4, just pose a question and since I tend to be long-winded, I will probably be able to help.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I bought my Alterra 7 months ago. It is also 4x4 and a special edition at that.

Overall I like the ride. What exceed my expectation is the engine noise, it wasn't as loud as many said it was. Also the Alterra is incredibly responsive and quick.

One thing that disappointed me though is the fuel consumption. On a pure city driving, it is about 7km/liter. I have been constantly measuring it for 7 months now and it is always around that figure. I doubt it that will significantly change. Odo now reads 4900 km.

When I read about other people saying their vehicle gets 15 km/l or so, I can't help but think that they are just exaggerating..
    You will get these numbers with pure highway driving in due course.

Pure city driving is bad-bad-bad for good fuel consumption.

Did you cycle through the multi function display in your odometer cluster?

It will show you in real time if you have "bad fuel economy driving habits". But, don't take your eyes off the road too much, please.

Your Alterra is still a baby, and, will need about 10,000 klms before you can begin to appreciate reasonable fuel returns.

At 1100 odo reading, I get 9.9 km/L combined city and highway.

All things considered, I think you are OK.

Here's a Nick's trick for you;

Ignore the Fortuners and Monteros showing off by passing you. Don't try to keep up. They have bigger wheels and go further with one revolution than you do.

Their big wheels have a price to pay. They flip over very easily because of their higher center of gravity.
    Moreover, they will have to refuel while you drive on by.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    You will get these numbers with pure highway driving in due course.

Pure city driving is bad-bad-bad for good fuel consumption.

Did you cycle through the multi function display in your odometer cluster?

It will show you in real time if you have "bad fuel economy driving habits". But, don't take your eyes off the road too much, please.

Your Alterra is still a baby, and, will need about 10,000 klms before you can begin to appreciate reasonable fuel returns.

At 1100 odo reading, I get 9.9 km/L combined city and highway.

All things considered, I think you are OK.

Here's a Nick's trick for you;

Ignore the Fortuners and Monteros showing off by passing you. Don't try to keep up. They have bigger wheels and go further with one revolution than you do.

Their big wheels have a price to pay. They flip over very easily because of their higher center of gravity.
    Moreover, they will have to refuel while you drive on by.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Uncle Nick,

You just made my day

My hope for a better FC is once again alive.

Thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi guys,

which dealer you can recommend in Manila? we are buying an alterra as well soon. I'll appreciate any suggestions. And also, would it be possible to release it in 1day?

Thanks...
    Last edited by want-alterra; January 20th, 2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: added some info

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser