New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello guys, I'm just new here. Please just delete this if the same thread has already been created and to begin with, would like to share my experiences as follows (in chronological order):

Model: 2001 Crosswind XT
    Date Acquired: July 19, 2001
    Odometer to date : 139,589 kms

Problems encountered to date (almost 10 years):

1. Leaking Radiator - on the first year (Replaced by Casa under warranty)
    2. Aircon evaporator - on the 3rd year (2004)
    3. Center Link replacement- on the 6th year (2007)
    4. Water pump replacement - on the 9th year (2010)
    5. Busted Right headlight- on the 9th year (2010)
    6. Water sedimentor- always warning 9th year (2010) cleaned and disconnected at Casa
    7. Engine vibration- 2011 Calibration/overhauling of injection pump( Repair cost-P4,870.00)

So far, these are the only problems I've encountered on my ride. Appreciate if you could share yours so that we could establish the common problems of our beloved crosswind. By the way, my unit is already due for repainting due to small dents and scratches.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mac40; March 11th, 2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: addition

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac40 View Post
    Hello guys, I'm just new here. Please just delete this if the same thread has already been created and to begin with, would like to share my experiences as follows (in chronological order):

6. Engine vibration- 2011 Calibration/overhauling of enjection pump( Repair cost-P4,870.00)

So far, these are the only problems I've encountered on my ride. Appreciate if you could share yours so that we could establish the common problems of our beloved crosswind. By the way, my unit is already due for repainting due to small dents and scratches.

Thanks.
    Your problems are really minor, especially considering the Philippines road conditions.

I have a 2011 Urban Cruiser which I received mid-December.

Zero defects!

My wife's cousin has a 2008 Sportivo (approx 45000 kms)

Zero defects!

My background (in Canada) includes owning and operating automotive repair and sales facilities.

I have owned many standard and luxury vehicles (including Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercedes and Corvette) in my life time ( I will soon be 74) and I have never experienced such high quality control standards as put out by Isuzu.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Dagdag ko rin pa po pala yung secondary clutch master, 2 times na rin ako nagpaayos, year 2005 and 2009.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking after a pal's 2003 Crosswind XUVi:

1. Blown speakers (the paper is really crappy). And despite the size of the grille, don't be fooled, Isuzu just put in a 4" wafer thin speaker inside (supplied by Pioneer). We just replaced the fronts with set of 5.24 inch Tekline coaxials (not exactly hi-fi but worlds apart from OEM).
    2. Left rear monitor not working (for replacement)
    3. Head unit would not read CD's. We bought a Php3,500.00 DVD/MP3/AUX head unit from Raon to solve that.
    4. Alarm doesn't work. Jemson took care of it.
    5. Seat upholstery not holding up well. Both front seats are torn already with the foam disintegrating.
    6. Seat massager not working and mechanism has started falling from underneath front seat.
    7. Right front foglamp lens turned cloudy for no apparent reason
    8. Dashboard rattle we cannot find
    9. Crappy repair done by Isuzu casa which resulted in exposed rear spoiler wires and melted wires on the driver's front door
    10. The dreaded exhaust system vibrating to pieces syndrome.
    11. Excessive engine vibration. Significantly more than my other pal's '10 XT unit. And sometimes the idle goes so low the engine almost dies.

I'll try to remember the others when I take it out for a spin again. Will do fluid/filter changes, brake and suspension inspection soon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007

6. Water sedimentor- always warning 9th year (2010) cleaned and disconnected at Casa
    7. Engine vibration- 2011 Calibration/overhauling of injection pump( Repair cost-P4,870.00)

Thanks.

I agree with uncle nick, those are just minor problems. If you have it reparied outside the casa it wont cost you an arm & a leg as compared to other makes.

Here's an approximate costing of your problems if fixed outside...
    2. less than 3K
    3. less than 2K
    4. around 1.5K

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010

Thanks.
    bro,mabuti ng ma busted yung cooling system mo,hindi naman nagkaroon ng problema sa engine like,clynder head and block crack...or cylnder gasket warp...malaki din gastos dyan e...ang hirap ng nagkaganyan na engine,sakit sa ulo...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Swerte nga bro mga minor problems lang na-encounter ko yung latest is yung engine vibration, na naayos kagad nung ipaoverhaul ko yung injection pump. Ganda na naman ng engine, matipid pa kahit luma na, 16Kms/liter sa highway and 12kms sa city driving kaya nagdadalawang isip ako na ibenta, instead ipaparepaint ko na lang para balik sa dati parang bago he he.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    --Parts na Napalitan sa-- 02 XUV a/t

*Fuel pump, Water separator.
    *Timing gear.
    *Front boosing suspension. L/R
    *Center link.
    *Dash board "gauge" sensor. (Nilusong ko sa baha: Ondoy typhoon)

--Minor repair parts--

*Radiator leak.
    *Dents.
    *Scratches.
    *Radio antenna.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sportivo M/T 2005(odo reading-80,000 kms)normal route is bicol-manila....

replace 2 pieces michelin tires
    replace wiper blade
    scratches,dents
    busted rear shock,soon to replace with new KBW shock
    busted reclined seat,passenger front,not yet resolved
    damage reflector on right side fog lamp..not yet resolved

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Had my shocks check, both rear have been replaced, already been long busted as found out by mechanic.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Izuzu crosswind problems encountered