New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    nope, walang gas si djerms. PM mo si trup(i think he's planning to sell). kanya yung one and only V6 trooper sa isuzu group.
    niky; di ko maabot yang less than 10km/liter. i think 7+km/liter lang ako at di mabigat paa ko. mabigat kasi kaha ng trooper.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Under 10 pa rin ang 7, di ba?

I do remember one couple getting nearly 40 km/l on an old Isuzu eco-run... but I think they locked bumpers with an 18 wheeler to get that much.

Still, at least Isuzu didn't use that as advertising... unlike the supposed 19 km/l for the X-Wind! Try as I might, I could never get better than 16! (60 km/h, highway, NO traffic, dead of the night).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    niky kala ko kasi yun less than 10 is between 10 - 9. mapa 8 ko lang ok na ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back to topic...

Wulf,
    The v6 version trooper might be cheaper than the diesel variant but it will eat you in terms of fuel consumption. AFAIK, its only at 5-6km to a liter...then consider the price of gasoline nowadays.

With a budget of 400k, try looking for an AT fuego with campershell or with a rolltop cover if you plan to haul things in it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms
    Back to topic...

Wulf,
    The v6 version trooper might be cheaper than the diesel variant but it will eat you in terms of fuel consumption. AFAIK, its only at 5-6km to a liter...then consider the price of gasoline nowadays.

With a budget of 400k, try looking for an AT fuego with campershell or with a rolltop cover if you plan to haul things in it.
    my thoughts exactly...i don't really need that much cargo space, its more of passenger comfort & a bit more luggage space than a sedan can handle....extra bonus is owner is willing to take my exalta as an upgrade to his back-up sentra.i might end up adding less than 50k cash...but the price of gas is really a deterrent,although i don't go out everyday (work from home)...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    would you guys recommend this,though?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bro, add ka nalang sa budget mo then get the 3.1 turbo diesel trooper.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Wolf,

I have the Trooper V6 A/T gas version. 5-6 km/liter sounds about right for mixed city/highway driving. If my memory serves me right, I did around that range before I changed the stock 245/65/16 tires back in 2002 to my current 265/70/16. After that, mileage dropped to 4-5 km/liter (bigger tires, speedometer accuracy drops by around 6-10%, plus marginally higher consumption due to higher weight, etc.). These days, I still get a stable 4 km/liter at 100% city driving. This is indeed steep considering that pump price for gasoline has almost tripled in the last 4-5 years.

Why I still have kept my gas Trooper all these years? I've chosen to retain it for number coding days. But more importantly:

- The V6 gas drives very much like a car like you wouldn't believe. The 3.2L engine may sound small for a mid-sized SUV, but the power plant feels perfectly mated to the Trooper's body mass. Have never found power wanting at most speeds. Have always left other SUVs in the dust on those rare face-off occasions on the highways. They must have thought they were squaring off with a diesel!

- Maintenance? What can I say. It's as low maintenance as the Toyota Exsior, the last car I had before the gas Trooper. The only major expense I had on the Trooper were the Old Man Emu coils and shocks , again back in 2002. And this was a discretionary expense at around Php35K back then. My shocks/coils were still in excellent condition. I just wanted a more controlled ride.

- The only "major" expenses so far have been the usual stuff - oil, filter, etc.

- I have already had the radiator repaired/reconditioned last year, a normal condition for most vehicles above 5 years old.

- The AC compressor magnetic clutch needed rewinding a few months back. Ditto with the compressor bearings which needed replacement already. Total cost, a reasonable Php8K. A good friend owns an excellent aircon shop near my residence. They opined that my AC compressor was good as new again. You can imagine my sigh of relief. A brand new compressor for the V6 gas Trooper would have set me back at least Php25k according to them. There are no surplus compressors available for it. Of course, I do the customary annual/bi-annual cleaning of the evaporator and expansion valve replacement.

- The Trooper's ride, as what the gurus here would most likely concur with, is very pliant and comfortable, I would say the best comfort-control mix versus other mid-sized SUVs in the market today.

- The plus side is that the V6 gas has part time 4 wheel drive which, truthfully, I have never used to this day.

- The Trooper's boxy look is IMHO, the proper look of a 4X4. No offense, but if I wanted a car-looking vehicle, I'd buy a car, not an SUV that resembles a car. For that reason, while the Fortuner sounds like a good value, its car-based looks is the downer for me, but hey, that's just me.

- The Trooper is taller than the usual SUV, especially after I upgraded my tires/rims and migrated to Old Man Emus. The commanding view dissuades you from ever going back to sedans or vans.

I drive roughly 25-30 km per day, and that translates to roughly Php7-8K per month, probably twice what most people spend on diesel or gas on smaller vehicles with the same distance. Actually, I spend about half that nowadays on the V6 Trooper, since I only use it half the week. But hey, you can't have everything. I just chalk up or shrug off the hefty gas bills to the price to pay for its pluses - ride, size, fun factor, commanding view etc. I'll probably end up keeping the gas Trooper for next few more years as a second car.

Hope this somehow helps with your decision-making.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    great acceleration, great suspension, tough ladder frame, very spacious imho one of the best true SUV... (baring fuel prices of course)

with a light foot baka pwede pang mag 6 or even 7 km per liter
    just dont go over 2K rpm

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmm... sort of like owning an Expedition, huh? Or an AT CRV...

Sounds good!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Isuzu Fuel Consumption Database