The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hanson View Post
    reasons why fuel consumption comparison is not accurate:

1. different driving attitudes of different drivers
    2. road conditions (rough or smooth)
    3. traffic conditions (stop go or smooth go)
    4. distance of travel (daily short drives or daily long drives)

the best way to know (dead accurate) if you have good fuel consumption is to swap with another person who owns the same type and model of vehicle, use it for a month and observe.

or

measure your fuel consumption regularly. your old readings will be your basis for future readings. this will tell you if you have high fuel consumption.

cheers!
    I agree with all four conditions. Number one has a lot to do with fuel consumption. For instance, my ride is a 99 Fuego 4x4 and I run the Manila-Southern Luzon route a lot. When my driver takes the wheel, we usually reload/top off 7-8 liters in Tiaong, Quezon (based on a full tank from Shaw blvd vis C5). When I started taking the wheel, we would just top off in the same place and fill the tnk up with 4 liters, max. I drive faster but I surmise that it is how I use the accelerator pedal. Driving habits really matter here. I remember a long time ago that the famous Jackie Stweart said that the trick is smooth driving. Erratic driving consumes more fuel (similar to jeepney driver foot attitude).

Another condition I'd like to add is type and brand of fuel. While I wouldn't endorse any particular kind, Biodiesel has changed my truck's performance for the better. Less smoke, more and smoother power, more economy. I top off at the far end of Shaw before hitting C5 and rill up again at Tiaong since the next station of my brand is in Naga already. (The others are single pumpers before Bituka ng Manok and in Sta Elena (Camarine Norte).

I also log every trip and compare data so I get the average. This is a work truck so it is also loade with stuff at the back more often than not. I keep the bed covered with a net and a fabric. H-way is 15 kpl-max. City is 10 kpl-max

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    May 2008

the best way to know (dead accurate) if you have good fuel consumption is to swap with another person who owns the same type and model of vehicle, use it for a month and observe.

or

measure your fuel consumption regularly. your old readings will be your basis for future readings. this will tell you if you have high fuel consumption.

cheers!
    I agree with all four conditions. Number one has a lot to do with fuel consumption. For instance, my ride is a 99 Fuego 4x4 and I run the Manila-Southern Luzon route a lot. When my driver takes the wheel, we usually reload/top off 7-8 liters in Tiaong, Quezon (based on a full tank from Shaw blvd vis C5). When I started taking the wheel, we would just top off in the same place and fill the tnk up with 4 liters, max. I drive faster but I surmise that it is how I use the accelerator pedal. Driving habits really matter here. I remember a long time ago that the famous Jackie Stweart said that the trick is smooth driving. Erratic driving consumes more fuel (similar to jeepney driver foot attitude).

Another condition I'd like to add is type and brand of fuel. While I wouldn't endorse any particular kind, Biodiesel has changed my truck's performance for the better. Less smoke, more and smoother power, more economy. I top off at the far end of Shaw before hitting C5 and rill up again at Tiaong since the next station of my brand is in Naga already. (The others are single pumpers before Bituka ng Manok and in Sta Elena (Camarine Norte).

I also log every trip and compare data so I get the average. This is a work truck so it is also loade with stuff at the back more often than not. I keep the bed covered with a net and a fabric. H-way is 15 kpl-max. City is 10 kpl-max

Cheers!

3. Join Date
    May 2008

or

cheers!

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    share ko din...

mine's a 1998 Fuego 4x4 SL
    consumption is 8.3-8.9km/ltr city driving w/ ac and goes up about 15% pag sa highway
    favored fuel is shell

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    gud eve mga sir!

Ask kulang if any of you, which do you prefer to use na diesel galing: SHELL, PETRON, CALTEX OR BIODESEL? Espicially kung XUV ride nyo!?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red16 View Post
    gud eve mga sir!

Ask kulang if any of you, which do you prefer to use na diesel galing: SHELL, PETRON, CALTEX OR BIODESEL? Espicially kung XUV ride nyo!?

Thanks!
    None negeative in particular with the other 2 oil companies but my personal preference is PETRON. Just can't go wrong with it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've heard that some seaoil gas stations sell a diesel fuel additive which some people say that it really helps in lowering the consumption of diesel for our rides.

does anyone use this? any comments on engine life and fuel consumption. thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    * tomtom: related to this, I have tried PETRON's Diesel Booster additive and found (no data) good effects on my MB diesel. Acceleration "felt" better and my FC improved.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Add kulang about Biodeisel, dati gumagamit ako sa adventure 05 Sport manual, Napansin ko na nababawasan nya yung masamng usok galing sa muffler plus gumaganda yung acceleration nya. But during that time my nakakabit na "fuel saving device' kAYA LESS ANG CONSUMPTION KO NG DEISEL. Now xuv a/t na gamit ko il try to use a biodeisel.

Matanong kulang kayo!? Effective ba gumamit ng "FSD" at san mas ok gamitin yun! Sa Gas or Deisel?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    * tomtom: related to this, I have tried PETRON's Diesel Booster additive and found (no data) good effects on my MB diesel. Acceleration "felt" better and my FC improved.
    how much is this diesel booster sir? by how much did your FC improve? do they still sell it? last question po, are there no long term effects on the engine if I use this?

sorry po madaming question. need to find ways on how to have lower FC specially that fuel will increase by P1 again tonight

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Isuzu Fuel Consumption Database