New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Peeps, Since its rainy season, i just thought of my brakes. I havent done any maintenance(cleaning or adjustments) on my brakes since it the front pads was replaced(almost 3years)... Do you guys recommend to have it cleaned this rainy season or after the rainy season? and what kind of maintenance i should perform for my brakes. thanks to yall!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jayghost213 View Post
    Peeps, Since its rainy season, i just thought of my brakes. I havent done any maintenance(cleaning or adjustments) on my brakes since it the front pads was replaced(almost 3years)... Do you guys recommend to have it cleaned this rainy season or after the rainy season? and what kind of maintenance i should perform for my brakes. thanks to yall!
    no need to adjust since all brakes are self-adjusting. you may want to clean them if they are noisy. since moisture on brakes will accelerate rusting, the best maintenance is to drive your vehicle daily to wipe the rust off the drums and rotors. once the rust sets in and cannot be erased by the pads and shoes, your brakes will probably judder/pulsate.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Aside to what has miked already said, just be cautious specially coming from a trip wherein you had to embarked your Crosswind in flooded areas. Gunks can seep in between the pads and the rotors. If necessary, have them opened mainly to be cleaned.

In addition, proper use of brakes definitely prolongs the life of your pads.

How to maintain your brakes on your Crosswind