New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would like to ask if anyone from this forum have installed k&n air filter in their crosswind. My unit is an automatic transmission, will it increase the horsepower, and less fuel consumption together with less smoke emission. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Horsepower, maybe by a tiny bit, but not really worth it on this kind of engine, especially with the automatic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I would think installing an aftermarket air filter will breath better than OEM, i am looking to install similar design because the air filter doesn't look it has enough air and perhaps it will gain HP a little, whether its automatic nor stick shift will improve economy also save you in buying air filter long term because its washable, never buy filter again, just keep washing it with mild soap and water then air dry it over night thats the advantages.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Drea-min View Post
    I would think installing an aftermarket air filter will breath better than OEM, i am looking to install similar design because the air filter doesn't look it has enough air and perhaps it will gain HP a little, whether its automatic nor stick shift will improve economy also save you in buying air filter long term because its washable, never buy filter again, just keep washing it with mild soap and water then air dry it over night thats the advantages.
    K&N filter will require soaking the filter with their cleaner before washing it in running water. You need to totally dry and spray with their oil before using it again.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    26122010991.jpg

Not on a Crosswind but on a same 4JA1 Turbo-di engine Fuego. Apexi cone filter. Pansin ko lang improvement is medyo slightly mas quicker/easier to rev yung engine and makakatipid ka sa filter because washable but other than those two di ko na alam.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    26122010990.jpg

isa pa pic

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    K&N filter will require soaking the filter with their cleaner before washing it in running water. You need to totally dry and spray with their oil before using it again.
    Correct Po!
    I normally do it early morning when i'm off, main thing is get rid off the dirt, mud etc... rinse it with water then blow dry with low pressure air (Air compressor) and good to go!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Yes that's exactly what I am planning but I prefer to install the filter with enclosure away from the hot air generated from the engine. The colder the air the better.