New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 73 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

*LancerA174A: Welcome to Tsikot, sir! It is really a world of difference if you compare the engine of Hilander to the MU-X. It is way more refined, less vibration and noise and accelerates way quickier than the engine of yesteryears.

Thanks sir! We weren't able to do a test drive before and we had no idea how it drives. But as soon as we drove it off the dealer, na realize ko sulit pa rin even though IPC brought in the less powerful engine. May I ask, is it still necessary to "break in" the car even though our SA told us it's not needed? First time brand new car buyer po kasi, no experience pa.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Department of Energy eco drive: 19Km/liter

link below:

Isuzu takes new, much better direction with mu-X | Motioncars
    Ano koneksyon nito?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Department of Energy eco drive: 19Km/liter

link below:

Isuzu takes new, much better direction with mu-X | Motioncars

that 19km/l is on the alterra as stated in the article

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    that 19km/l is on the alterra as stated in the article
    The new mux has improved fuel effiency. I'm guessing it will beat this 19km/l

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not an eco freak driver, but if this SUV can yield 10-11 city and 14-15 hiway, I'd be a very happy owner already!

Should I buy one, that is... ^^

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Thanks sir! We weren't able to do a test drive before and we had no idea how it drives. But as soon as we drove it off the dealer, na realize ko sulit pa rin even though IPC brought in the less powerful engine. May I ask, is it still necessary to "break in" the car even though our SA told us it's not needed? First time brand new car buyer po kasi, no experience pa.
    Just don't "redline" it or drive it for extended periods of time at high revs. Also don't "boost" before the engine comes up to temperature. (With this motor... heavy pedal at 2,500 rpm and up) and don't boost for the last thirty seconds to one minute of any journey.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Puwede, pero I'm sure hindi yan yung realistic figure. Mga 15-16km/ltr puwede pa.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *LancerA174A

It's up to you, sir, on how you want to break in your vehicle. You can follow what is in the manual if you are not sure. They said that brand new vehicles have been "broken in" in the plant before releasing them.

For me, I just drive it like how I drive my older cars. I even do burst speeds up to 160 kph then return to 100 kph then 140 kph and so on. I don't do jack rabbit start and revving it like I am gonna race. Just smooth sailing and let momentum take its course in speeding up the vehicle. I don't rev it near the redline also. Like that, nothing really special.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Just don't "redline" it or drive it for extended periods of time at high revs. Also don't "boost" before the engine comes up to temperature. (With this motor... heavy pedal at 2,500 rpm and up) and don't boost for the last thirty seconds to one minute of any journey.
    layman's term anyone?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Noted sir! But will it have an effect on the engine in the long run assuming we didn't follow these steps you mentioned?