New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 145 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 12114
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better detials of the selection process in this motioncars article:

http://motioncars.inquirer.net/32310...lippines-is-on

Wouldn't it be nice to know the identities of all 64 models which went thru the 4-day technical trials?
    Last edited by Newcomer123; November 27th, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I remember Tessa's interview for that article. She's one of the coolest people around, and glad to be able to work with her from time to time, She may not be as big a gearhead as some, but she's very hardworking and does her research very carefully when writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Sir niky was one of the test drivers for this event. As an insider, he has a lot of solid inputs in the remarks portion of tgp that may settle some doubts here.
    Hehe... ayoko na... andaming nagsisigawan "BAYARAN" sa Facebook... hehe. Oh well... can't please everybody!

I am on the technical team that handles the track tests in the background, but I wasn't a voting judge. From what I saw during tech testing, the right cars won each segment (honest, personal opinion!) only argument is overall winner... but that's the way the scoring works out. Would have liked Mazda3 to win overall... sayang.

Actually, I was rooting for an upset in the cheaper classes by BYD or Haima... ...just to see how pissed off the "anti-China" crowd would be!

Still, the Chinese cars do get closer and closer every year. In years past, we had to be very careful during the tech tests (pag minsan, full mechanical inspection kailangan before each test). Nowadays, it's just like taking your Civic to the track. Kick the tires, adjust the seat, and you're off.

With some of them, long term reliability nalang ang tanong... and that can't be answered at COTY, anyway.

Regarding the MU-X, I can say for sure that it would have done well against the Fort or Montero... but would probably have lost against the Trailblazer, depending on whether the scoring for price versus speed worked out in favor of Isuzu or Chevy.

Personally, if I had the money for a 1.4-1.5m variant, little can touch the "blazing" Trailblazer 4x2 AT. But if you're going for lower end models, I'd pick the MU-X LS-M any time. Hell, gawa sila ng "Low-rider" version na manual na cheaper pa... di na kailangan ng Crosswind.

Of course, I'm an Isuzu fan, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Will be getting our plates tomorrow after three months. May charge po kaya yung installation sa dealer? Or I may opt install it at home? Though I'm not sure if the bolts are from LTO, as I've read somewhere they provide temporary bolts untill the "tamper proof" ones arrive which will need a special tool.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Guys, i one of the mu-x (matic) buyers who are on the waiting list, just want to share my thoughts here. Based on my readings and in various forums, many are saying that that the mu-x is underpowered in its class.

I came from an innova d4d and said car really served me well, its a 2006 model and untill now it runs really well, this question begs me if the mu-x runs well compared to the innova (accelaration and speed wise).

This may sound a no-brainer because i am comparing apples to oranges, a 102hp auv to a 136hp suv, but i dont care if the mu-x is underpowered compares to other suvs in its class, for as long as i can be assured in theory and in actual case that indeed the mu-x performs better than the innova. Thanks mga bossing..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hugobo View Post
    Guys, i one of the mu-x (matic) buyers who are on the waiting list, just want to share my thoughts here. Based on my readings and in various forums, many are saying that that the mu-x is underpowered in its class.

I came from an innova d4d and said car really served me well, its a 2006 model and untill now it runs really well, this question begs me if the mu-x runs well compared to the innova (accelaration and speed wise).

This may sound a no-brainer because i am comparing apples to oranges, a 102hp auv to a 136hp suv, but i dont care if the mu-x is underpowered compares to other suvs in its class, for as long as i can be assured in theory and in actual case that indeed the mu-x performs better than the innova. Thanks mga bossing..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Having driven a 2012 Innova for a few times, I can attest that the Mu-x performs better than the Innova.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Will be getting our plates tomorrow after three months. May charge po kaya yung installation sa dealer? Or I may opt install it at home? Though I'm not sure if the bolts are from LTO, as I've read somewhere they provide temporary bolts untill the "tamper proof" ones arrive which will need a special tool.
    tsk otoy basahin mo muna yung title ng thread ha

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    tsk otoy basahin mo muna yung title ng thread ha
    Haha I know, was just asking inputs from other mu-X owners if they got their plates already. Thanks for replying though.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by javacardph View Post
    Having driven a 2012 Innova for a few times, I can attest that the Mu-x performs better than the Innova.
    Another ace up its sleeves:

2014 Isuzu mu-X 2.5L 4x2 LS - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

9/10 lang naman

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Another ace up its sleeves:

2014 Isuzu mu-X 2.5L 4x2 LS - Honest Car Reviews Philippines

9/10 lang naman
    sir eto pa po isa na review 4x4 nman..

First Drive: 2014 Isuzu mu-X LS-A 4WD | ************ - Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, Auto Features, and Car Prices

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya nga yung judgment ko sa kanya, nung una pa lang, talagang nasa Goldilocks zone sya. Shoot sa lahat ng criteria: engine, body, handling, safety kits, tech, pati pricing. Swak na swak talaga.

Congratz talaga to all the new owners!