Page 63 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    That is a VERY steep ramp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brodjason View Post
    bakit sa video, mas maganda and interior ng mu-x compared to the holden? Eh most people would say that the tbz has a nicer interior than the mu-x. exactly the same ba ang holden colorado 7 and tbz?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brodjason View Post
    But, 3.0 mu-x will not be available in the country right?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Test drove it earlier at PIMS. the A/T one. too bad there were only 1 M/T and 1 A/T available for test drive. the line for the A/T reached as high as 15 in queue.

first thing I noticed, A/C is cold. Navigation screen is basic looking. the touchscreen and buttons around it looks cheap. steering wheel vibrates a bit when you turn or when you are idle and brakes are pressed. steering wheel is also for me, on the heavy side. brakes are good. in fact, i find it better in brake response than my XM Sorento. I didnt expect the ride quality to be that compliant on an isuzu . I'm impressed actually. it may be better or at least par with the montero. I believe it was better.

And yes, the engine is quite lacking compared to the competition. for me that is, because I came from a 190hp 436nm Sorento R before the test drive. of course it would be a world of difference if i drove my L300 before testing. hehe. even the Isuzu peeps there are defensive about it. they wont tell you that it has great power or anything when you asked them about the engine. they keep on telling that it is adequate for city driving, fuel efficient for sure compared to others, we don't need more power in city driving etc. they are aware that it can be considered the achilles heel of the MU-X. they are even bragging it reached 170 on star tollway. but they say the Alterra is faster. I don't know how accurate that is or is it just a 2.5 vs 3.0 thingy without considering their difference in design and turbos. on crawling to light traffic, no problem with the 2.5 VGS. on open roads, there is that feel that the engine is labored. It is hard to keep up with the Montero VGT PIMS test vehicle unit I purposely tailgated for comparison with the MU-X 2.5 VGS at red-line manual shifts. Yes the engine is adequate, but you might want to plan your overtakes ahead and uphills. and it wont give you the sudden kick when you stab the accelerator.

I reserved for the 4X2 A/T.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    bakit sa video, mas maganda and interior ng mu-x compared to the holden? Eh most people would say that the tbz has a nicer interior than the mu-x. exactly the same ba ang holden colorado 7 and tbz?
    Maybe because its an Isuzu. TBZ being a Chevrolet makes you think it comes as a sibling from its SUV bigger brothers. But when you think of Isuzu, all my mind is comparing it to is the crosswind, alterra, and d-max I owned a fuego with vibrating everything even fenders and bumpers. thats what my mind defaults when I think Isuzu.hehe.

But I agree some plastics or not well screwed or attached, the grill for instance is a bit loose. but during the course of my test, feels like it is well screwed inside. no vibrations on the panels.
    Last edited by ratchet23; September 19th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    But, 3.0 mu-x will not be available in the country right?
    We will get the 3.0VGS next year.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I will tend to believe kaya 2.5 VGS makina ngayon MU-X for the Philippines is a business decision of Isuzu Phil:

1) Better fuel economy, mas maliit kain ng 2.5 v 3.0
    2) Lower parts maintenance, tagal ng nasa market ng 2.5 engine nila
    3) Lower pricing, mas mahal ng 100-200k cguro ang 3.0
    4) Better reliability, again matagal ng nasa market yung 2.5 engine, ang bago yung VGS
    5) 3.0 VGS reserved for the high-volume countries like AU & TH
    6) To keep people interested in MU-X for the coming years, may aabangan "bago" probably next year when they can introduce 3.0 as an up-specd variant

Malaking loss ba ang 2.5 na mababa ang HP & Torque? kung puro city driving lang naman which tends to be the case for us, not a big loss... ika nga... mangangarera ka ba sa EDSA?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    We are so much disappointed with Isuzu PH. My uncle opt to buy MU-X instead of other brands because its new. However the stocks are limited, they will give you a unit only if you will pay thru in house financing with Isuzu. The interest rate is so high. He has already a bank approval. If he is willing to wait his unit will arrived by January 2015. Lol. Law of supply and demand. Iniipit nila supply. Nice strategy. Lalangawin kayo sa haba ng pila.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by frostmourn View Post
    We are so much disappointed with Isuzu PH. My uncle opt to buy MU-X instead of other brands because its new. However the stocks are limited, they will give you a unit only if you will pay thru in house financing with Isuzu. The interest rate is so high. He has already a bank approval. If he is willing to wait his unit will arrived by January 2015. Lol. Law of supply and demand. Iniipit nila supply. Nice strategy. Lalangawin kayo sa haba ng pila.

Sana may tsikot member tayo na pwede makatulong sa yo. At sa iba pa na in the same situation..

Sa isuzu, remove nyo na yung Hp and torque graph sa site, misleading.

And spare tire ba ng mu x di madaling nakawin? Sa bumper lang pala yung butas nya para alisin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    I find the Isusu's interior better. Same lang ng design pero better accents and parang better material used.