New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by potpot2 View Post
    Saw the mux at virra mall greenhills. TOTL displayed. Was immediately disappointed. Build quality is not that good. The doors are so light weight, almost same as L300 fb van.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Does it have side impact door beams or not? For an SUV without these, it's a deal breaker for me. T_T

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Some people here seem to think that power and torque only equates to top speeds and 0-100 times, and therefore not important as long as one can get to 100kph which is the legal hiway speed. But there are many uses of higher power and torque other than "getting to hiway speed" and hauling cargo and people. Take for example overtaking on a 2-lane road. One can not just go on the opposite lane knowing that the engine on his vehicle is not up to the job. Or how about going up on an incline from a stand still, fully loaded and in traffic! Do that with a mediocre engine (read, meager low end torque) and the guy behind you will be honking his horn mad as hell. Isuzu engines are known for very good low end grunt, which satisfies the latter case stated above. But to say that its performance is comparable to engines with better specs will be an outright lie. Between the MU-X and a Trailblazer I'd bet my life on the TB if I will be overtaking a 3-trailer long convoy of San Miguel beer trucks going up MacArthur along Rosario with a Solid North or 5 Star bus coming fast in the opposite lane! Yes sir, 200hp beats 136hp when you're overtaking!
    Hehehe unfair naman sir na i compare natin ung 2.8 tbz sa 2.5 mux xempre mas obvious na mas malakas and dapat lang na mas maganda talaga performance nung 2.8 tbz, xempre dapat ang comparison 2.5 mux vs 2.5 tbz and kung sakaling lumabas nga sana ung 3.0 vgs then may katapat na c 2.8 tbz

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    also saw one displayed at fishermall a while ago, the front grille looks pretty cheap

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    35k inhouse insurance 3k ang participation maliit man o malaki ang damage ok na ba yun?
    Last edited by Syuryuken; September 17th, 2014 at 11:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brodjason View Post
    mga sir,alin ba mas bang for the buck sa dalawa between Isuzu MU-X na php.1.358m at chevyTRAILBLAZER LTX na php.1.588m. ito kasing dalawa pinagpipilian ko na I loan this coming December?
    sir, bang for the buck kamo? no brainer its the MU-X.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    35k inhouse insurance 3k ang participation maliit man o malaki ang damage ok na ba yun?
    Ok lang sir. Medyo on the high side lang

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks sir!ill try to visit Isuzu commonwealth this Saturday par Makita.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Saw one in the flesh at Isuzu Commonwealth and somehow not satisfied with the build quality. The front grill reminds me of the older CR-V. Matigas din ang feel ng upuan....

The Mu-X actually sells pretty well in other ASEAN countries so maybe the ride is the equalizer....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi to all,

Can someone confirm bakit ang description ng engine ng MU-X is 4JK1-TC (Hi) with 136hp and 280nm of torque?

Checked wikipedia and here are the only valid engines:

The 4JK1-TC is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 95.4 mm bore, 87.4 mm stroke direct injection 16V diesel engine. It was used in the Isuzu D-Max and Chevrolet Colorado inThailand. Stock power was 116 hp (85 kW) and 280N·m at1800-2200rpm.

The 4JK1-TCX is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 95.4 mm bore, 87.4 mm stroke direct injection electronic commonrail 16V diesel engine with compression ratio at 18.1:1. It was used in the Isuzu D-Max in Malaysia. Stock power was 136 ps (100 kW) and 320N·m at1800-2800rpm.

Is 4JK1-TC (Hi) = 4JK1-TCX?

But why not use the official name instead?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    - Makina lang

- Nakuha mo 😅.

Nagbibigay ang drivetrain ng dagdag na 'Mechanical Advantage' na kung saan kaya nating timplahin ang pwersa na pupunta sa mga gulong.

Entonses, sa primera ang twerka mo ay napakalakas pero gapang lang, panghila baga, samantalang sa quinta ay pwedeng mamatayan ka ng andar sa makina dahil napakahina ng twerka nguni't kung may vuelo na, ang layo ng sikad para tipid sa gatong. ^^
    Salamat bro. Ngayon alam ko na, na sa makina lang pala ang specs (design and test). Sabi kasi dito yung TOTL 4x4 MU-X ay sa drivetrain lang pinagkaiba sa 4X2? mas malaki kaya dimension (cross-section) ng torque shaft ng 4x4?