New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    then you shouldn't be here
    i didn't realize only positive comments on the mu are allowed here..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some people here seem to think that power and torque only equates to top speeds and 0-100 times, and therefore not important as long as one can get to 100kph which is the legal hiway speed. But there are many uses of higher power and torque other than "getting to hiway speed" and hauling cargo and people. Take for example overtaking on a 2-lane road. One can not just go on the opposite lane knowing that the engine on his vehicle is not up to the job. Or how about going up on an incline from a stand still, fully loaded and in traffic! Do that with a mediocre engine (read, meager low end torque) and the guy behind you will be honking his horn mad as hell. Isuzu engines are known for very good low end grunt, which satisfies the latter case stated above. But to say that its performance is comparable to engines with better specs will be an outright lie. Between the MU-X and a Trailblazer I'd bet my life on the TB if I will be overtaking a 3-trailer long convoy of San Miguel beer trucks going up MacArthur along Rosario with a Solid North or 5 Star bus coming fast in the opposite lane! Yes sir, 200hp beats 136hp when you're overtaking!
    Last edited by yebo; September 16th, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Some people here seem to think that power and torque only equates to top speeds and 0-100 times, and therefore not important as long as one can get to 100kph which is the legal hiway speed. But there are many uses of higher power and torque other than "getting to hiway speed" and hauling cargo and people. Take for example overtaking on a 2-lane road. One can not just go on the opposite lane knowing that the engine on his vehicle is not up to the job. Or how about going up on an incline from a stand still, fully loaded and in traffic! Do that with a mediocre engine (read, meager low end torque) and the guy behind you will be honking his horn mad as hell. Isuzu engines are known for very good low end grunt, which satisfies the latter case stated above. But to say that its performance is comparable to engines with better specs will be an outright lie. Between the MU-X and a Trailblazer I'd bet my life on the TB if I will be overtaking a 3-trailer long convoy of San Miguel beer trucks going up MacArthur along Rosario with a Solid North or 5 Star bus coming fast in the opposite lane! Yes sir, 200hp beats 136hp when you're overtaking!
    i agree.
    if all we do with our cars is to pull heavy loads up an incline, then torque is what we need.
    if what we aspire for is top speed, then it's HP.
    but in the real world, we need a bit of both..
    and while the specs are there on paper for everyone to peruse and compare, nothing beats actual driving to "see for ourselves"..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    San may testdrive? Yung 4x2 at

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Can we invite dtk**o. Para meron scientific explanation as regards HP and torque. :D
    I'm serious.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Can we invite dtk**o. Para meron scientific explanation as regards HP and torque. :D
    I'm serious.
    Nako. Sobrang talino nun non sense na

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i didn't realize only positive comments on the mu are allowed here..
    It's not a comparison thread anyway. saka nakakasawa na ring basahin na mas malakas ang torque at hp ni TBZ alam na nating lahat yun pero some people keep posting it.
    Last edited by Syuryuken; September 16th, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reliability imho...

Yes many will say parepareho naman na reliable or unreliable ang mga ssakyan ngayon but based on experience....and jusy MY opinion, the japs still tops them all. Its just me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    You won't realize the ups and downs of your vehicle if there's no negative comments. Bias naman yung puro praise na lang. We need to see the other side of it particularly sa mga aspiring buyers.kaya nga may forum di ba.

And also para mabasa din ito ng car manufacturers for them to do better.no offense.this is just a critic.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Why is that?