New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noygelo View Post
    if ever it will reach our shores....I will immediately trade-in my Isuzu Dmax LS SE 2012...di bale na malugi ng 50K more...
    Ako naman chief, most prolly i'd go for the Volkswagen Amarok 2.0 TDi twin turbo, if it's going to be offered by the upcoming Volkswagen Philippines (c/o Ayala Group) and if the price is not that far from the others

After two Isuzu D-max's, time to try a different taste, and perhaps even time to sell the two hehe

But just like the D-max, however, the Amarok is also boxy-shape. And any which way one looks at it, a box-type vehicle will always look way better than the others that have gone more to aerodynamics looks, as if they intend to fly

Cheers!

2004 Isuzu D-max 3.0 TD Intercooler
    2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.7 V6 MFI
    2008 Yamaha YZ250
    2008 Isuzu D-max 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ
    2011 Toyota Innova 2.5 D-4D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    But just like the D-max, however, the Amarok is also boxy-shape. And any which way one looks at it, a box-type vehicle will always look way better than the others that have gone more to aerodynamics looks, as if they intend to fly
    I like the way you look at pick-ups, boss. Parang parehas tayo ng trip. Pag ma introduce ng Ayala ang Amarok, magkano estimate mo? Puti ang type ko nyan. OT na tayo a.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    I like the way you look at pick-ups, boss. Parang parehas tayo ng trip. Pag ma introduce ng Ayala ang Amarok, magkano estimate mo? Puti ang type ko nyan. OT na tayo a.
    Di baleng Out-of-Topic tayo chief hehe --- There is no definite news anywayy from the stagnant Isuzu Philippines when's the all-new D-max gonna be in Philippines ....Besides, i prefer the boxiness of the previous generation D-max with the handsome hood-scoop more than this all-new D-max. Isuzu should not have deviated to the looks of the all-new Colorado, all-new Ranger and the Hilux.

The price for the 2.0-litre twin-turbo Amarok Trendline 4x4 manual-tranny with the 17-inch tyres and with the 163 hp, 400 Nm torque can go somewhere within the price of the Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4x4 manual- or auto-tranny ....However, the tweaked-out Amarok Trendline 4x4 manual-tranny (with an updated mapping of its turbos), also with 17-inch tyres, that comes with a 179 hp, 420 Nm torque at 1750 rpm engine can fetch more than the Hilux, perhaps within the price of the all-new inline 5-cylinder Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi 4x4.

All Amarok diesel engines are 2.0-litre twin-turbo (there are gasoline models as well though, TSI series). The high-end manual transmission models are badged TDI400 while the high-end autos are TDI420. The low-end models are the TDI340.

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir d_mac akala ko ba ayaw na ayaw mo yung small engine-high output-high revving pickups?

You always mention that here in tsikot..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    Sir d_mac akala ko ba ayaw na ayaw mo yung small engine-high output-high revving pickups?

You always mention that here in tsikot..

YUP, tama ka chief.... BUT it comes from Deutschland and i'm ready to compromise. Plus, above all else, i wanna wipe and sit my ass behind the steering wheel in style this time

For a relatively small engine compared to its competitors, it has surprisingly a good low-end power (low rpm pull) unlike the Jap pickups that are below the 3.0-litre displacement ;)

i don't really know though chief and that's just me though hehe - have to test one and find out how's for the seat-of-pants feel.

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    YUP, tama ka chief.... BUT it comes from Deutschland and i'm ready to compromise. Plus, above all else, i wanna wipe and sit my ass behind the steering wheel in style this time

For a relatively small engine compared to its competitors, it has surprisingly a good low-end power (low rpm pull) unlike the Jap pickups that are below the 3.0-litre displacement ;)

i don't really know though chief and that's just me though hehe - have to test one and find out how's for the seat-of-pants feel.

Cheers!

Grabe! Parang deretso lang yung tinakbo ng Amarok! The Fortuner and LC120 had significant difficulty, and even the LR had to crawl. I suppose this one's great for rally.

I wonder if the Amarok's engine will be able to stomach the local fuel. The good stuff from Europe rarely ever gets here. And then there's the price...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Grabe! Parang deretso lang yung tinakbo ng Amarok! The Fortuner and LC120 had significant difficulty, and even the LR had to crawl. I suppose this one's great for rally.

I wonder if the Amarok's engine will be able to stomach the local fuel. The good stuff from Europe rarely ever gets here. And then there's the price...
    Come to think of it, looks like the Amarok, as well as the others, were even on road tyres ;)

Most likely the Amarok is manual-tranny while the Land Rover and the two Toyotas could be on auto-tranny.... Plus, baka upod siguro gulong ng dalawang Toyotas haha!

Quite obviously, perhaps, the one in the Prado doesn't know what he's doing before the approach hehe

Hopefully the Amarok can stomach our Philippine diesel.... or if any a problem if ever it will be sold by the Ayala Group, since its engine is a Euro 5 emission compliant, be re-fitted with a Euro 2 adaptable suction valve and an EGR (just like what's fitted with the 2010 model and up D-max when complaints on the pre-2010 issues started to come by to IPC hehe)....

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sisiw lang yan sa Prado.. yung driver ata di marunong.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OT: Sir d_mac how factual ba talaga yung problem ng fuel dito sa pinas? Or is it partly to blame ang mga car manufacturers coz they don't want to take full responsibility of their engine's shortcomings?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    Sisiw lang yan sa Prado.. yung driver ata di marunong.
    YUP, agree chief

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast