New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Nice ISUZU! at least they come up with new design and engine. I wonder if VW can introduce the Amarok in the Philippines with price comparable with Navara or the upcoming Ford Ranger. And sarap sana at maraming pagpipilian

Engines > Highlights > Amarok > Models > Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Australia

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    Nice ISUZU! at least they come up with new design and engine. I wonder if VW can introduce the Amarok in the Philippines with price comparable with Navara or the upcoming Ford Ranger

Engines > Highlights > Amarok > Models > Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Australia

Lakas ng bi-stage turbocharged na Amarok kahit 2.0-litre lang (160 ps, 400 Nm torque).... Ever since naman, puhunan talaga ng mga German diesels ay increased boost pressure kaya kahit maliit displacements nila, relatively malalakas.

Mga Japanese-made naman, with the exemption ng Landcruiser LC200, which is a twin-turbo, usually bigger displacement naman sila with lesser boost pressure from a single-staged turbocharger, like the 3.0-litre Hilux D4-D, 3.2-litre Strada Di-D standard, and the 3.0-litre DMax (whether the Ddi-iTEQ or the VGS Turbo)

Tingin ko sir medyo mahal siguro ng kaunti ang Amarok kaysa sa mga Japanese made, though not really sure. Mas titindi sigurado ang competion sa pickup sales sa Pinas and elsewhere pagdating ng 2012 3.2-litre Ford Ranger, the old but new to Philippines 3.0-litre Isuzu DMax VGS Turbo (not necessarily the all-new RT-50), and the upgraded 2.5-litre Nissan Navara, now pitting altogether against the 2.5-litre Mitsubishi Strada GLS-V auto and its upcoming manual-tranny, and the newly-facelifted 2012 3.0-litre Hilux D4-D.

Tulad nalang nitong 2012 facelifted Hilux, sa commercials pa lang, kahit siguro sino mapapabili ka hahahaha

Isuzu has to come up way better than these comical Toyota commercials to gain more attention from the general populace. Public impression, not necessarily the reality, opens endless possibilities.... And this is where Toyota is besting everyone else.... The Hilux is still the best-selling pickup in these countries and just almost everywhere around the globe....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Aha dumating na ang sasakyang worthy ipalit sa crosswind ko....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    im excited for the rt50/alterra/mu7. just too many montero/strada and fortuner/hilux on the street (well for a good reason)

hopefully IPC realizes that there is already a need to bring that rt50 monster here (for the last 3-4 years on the VGS) to at "least" compete against the latest offering in the pick up segment. With the pending arrival of the Ford's new Ranger (BT50 to follow soon i think), Chevy's Colorado (correct me if im wrong), I strongly believe a "new" facelift for the Dmax wont do.

its long overdue anyway, so please.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Aha dumating na ang sasakyang worthy ipalit sa crosswind ko....
    Only an Isuzu could replace an Isuzu

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]Isuzu breaks out all-new D-Max in Thailand[/SIZE]
    Words by Christopher Kho | Photos courtesy of Isuzu Motors Limited

With Ford's upcoming Ranger and Chevrolet's fresh Colorado set to butt heads in 2012, Isuzu decides to jump into the ring with the all-new D-Max to make it a three-way heavyweight pickup battle. The latest D-Max has grown a bit of muscle and is now better dressed for the season. And with that menacing look on its face, we hope it's as brutal as it appears. There's also a new set of engines to choose from; and as it's based on the Japanese automaker's new stiffer i-Grip platform, this workhorse should be ready for a life of on the rough stuff.

The all-new D-Max comes with three engine options - a 116hp 2.5L Ddi Turbo, a 136hp Ddi 2.5L VGS Turbo, and the top of the line 177hp Ddi 3.0L VGS Turbo. Isuzu's newly-developed Ddi Super Commonrail engine line-up are all equipped with a variable geometry turbo and now conforms to stringent Euro 5 emission standards. There's also a new 5-speed automatic transmission with REV-Tronic Sport mode thrown in the mix to put it up to par with today's standards....

click on link to continue: Isuzu breaks out all-new D-Max in Thailand
    LINK: Isuzu breaks out all-new D-Max in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    I wonder if VW can introduce the Amarok in the Philippines with price comparable with Navara or the upcoming Ford Ranger
    I believe it won't happen. The Amarok has been the most expensive in its class where it's marketed. Back here in Brazil it's been currently more expensive than a Hilux SR-V 3.0L D4-D with automatic transmission, while the Amarok still doesn't even have automatic transmission as an option...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I believe it won't happen. The Amarok has been the most expensive in its class where it's marketed. Back here in Brazil it's been currently more expensive than a Hilux SR-V 3.0L D4-D with automatic transmission, while the Amarok still doesn't even have automatic transmission as an option...
    The VW Amarok is only 2.0-litre diesel but it's equipped with twin-turbo (VW calls it bi-stage or dual-stage turbochargers).... With that so much boost pressure available, it makes the same power like the Hilux 3.0 D4-D and it produces more peak torque (400 Nm) starting at a low-rev of 1500 rpm. The Hilux is using a VGT/VNT and it looks like it's only there to add just a bit more power and just to remove/reduce the turbo-lag typical of older diesels. The 1KD-FTV engine of the Hilux and the Prado was conceived as early as 2001 and it had always been VNT-equipped.

In pickup comparos, the Hilux slightly edges out the Amarok in offroad, especially in crawling manners (low-speed climbing), but the Amarok is miles better than the Hilux in on-road driving, which according to experts, VW upped the ante in road-handling of pickups.

While the Hilux is the most well-loved utility pickup in the world, and the Amarok is the new-kid on the block, neither of these two, however, could beat the DMax VGS Turbo in hardcore offroading, as proven in Europe over the last 3 years and in Australia since the DMax VGS Turbo was introduced into these markets.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    iirc, isuzu japan supplies engine parts to general motors' chevy duramax pickup like crankshafts, cyl heads, con rods,etc. accdg to what i've read from Diesel power mag. (forgot the issue number.). before, isuzu owns 70% of the shares while GM owns 30%. now they swapped.....wala lang.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ngayon na lumabas na ang Colorado... Ineclipse talaga ang D-Max in terms of performance! Yung torque parang cinompare ang current Ranger (380Nm) at upcoming Ranger (470Nm)! And to think that the Colorado's engine is 200cc smaller in terms of displacement, and also that this engine is actually made by Isuzu!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast