New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Perhaps on a really really long straight downhill road.

The alterra peaks at around 140 hp, with the torque plateauing between 1,400 to 3,400 (according to the tech specifications).

It's tuned to be not as powerful as its 3-liter contemporaries (or the navara 4x4's 2.5), but it's the thriftiest.

Compared to older diesels, it's astounding, given the displacement. Just shows the wonders of crdi and vgt.

Now let's just pray that these injectors would last as long as the old ones.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sana nga ..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I drive both vehicles and i honestly like 'em both. Kung habol mo ride comfort, go for the alterra since mas comfortable talaga sya. Kung drivability, fortuner pa rin ako. Bottomline is what you will use it for. We were planning to buy a second fortuner before we saw the alterra. My wife liked it because she was pregnant at that time and the ride height was just right for her; not too high and neither was it too low. Also it's a little longer than the toyota so better for carrying more stuff. But basically, both cars are fine by me. God bless to all!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nice one sir ..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    nice one sir ..
    durability, comfort, excellent fuel efficiency, entertainment system and nice ride. Alterra is still a good SUV. Share ko lang. mine already travelled 129T km without any major problems. My unit is still running like brand new. Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose View Post
    Is the new 2008 isuzu Alterra really that good? Is it comfortable to ride? Is the suspention that good compared to the toyota fortuner? Thus it get the edge over the Toyota fortuner? Give me reasons why i will choose isuzu alterra 4x2 a/t than the toyota fortuner 3.0. Thanks!
    Bro, ano ba requirements mo? Antayin mo na lang yung bagong Fortuner kung meron lalabas this 2008. malaki difference ng dalawa at porma lang talaga ang lamang ng Fortuner (I'm referring sa current Fort 3.0V)

Why Alterra?
    Mas comfortable ang Alterra. Malaki ang leg room then mas cooler ang airconditioning system ng Alterra compared sa Fortuner. Mas matagal lumamig ang Fort lalo na sa 2nd row...

Halos parehas lang silang matagtag pero mas pang heavy duty ang set up ng suspension ni Alterra which is kailangan ko pang hakot. mas mahaba so mas maraming kang malalagay sa loob.

mas maganda ang entertainment system ng Alterra.

Fuel Consumption: (both 3.0L)
    Fort - 8 km/l (A/T)
    Alterra - 12 km/l (A/T)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Bro toyota fortuner 3.0 V is 4x4 unlike the alterra (4x2)
    may rumor na alterras engine has the same problem with the 3.0 4jx1 isuzu trooper engine .. may nagsabi nga na actor na si DENNIS TRILLO tumirik ang alterra nya na brand new .. (sabi ng driver ni becky aguila angel locsin's manager)

mas comfortable ang alterra than fortuner kasi mas mahaba ang wheelbase ng alterra unlike sa shorter wheelbase ng fortuner .. pero fortuners tire is much wider ( 265/70r16) unlike alterras 245/70r16 .. ako ill go for the fortuner simply bcoz it is a toyota ! no problem sa parts and accesories ..

s_quilicot*yahoo.com pa add sa friendster
    bro, mine already travelled 129TKM without any major problems. Mukhang gawa-gawa lang siguro ito...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose View Post
    very disappointing naman kung totoo yan ... pero may problen parin kaya sa 2008 alterra? i heard the problems on d4d engines pero ang alam ko naayos na yun and soo with the 4jx1 engines may problem din ... ganon din kaya sa 2008 alterra engine may problem pa kaya?
    bro, sa akin 129TKM na ang natatakbo pero wala naman akong na-experience na problem na ganyan... 2005 ang Alterra ko.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tnx sir robert ... mukhang mas lamang na sakin alterra. kapag wala pa lumabas na bagong fort by august malamang alterra na kukunin namin. Tnx

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    good for you sir ..
    pero advice ko lang check your injectors or your used oil..
    if you can detect traces of diesels in your oil then BOOM.. your injectors is starting to deteriorate ..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Is 2008 isuzu alterra that good?