New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    downhill from tagaytay? eh diba liko-liko kalsada doon? unless na runway yung tinakbuhan ng adventure ..
    considering the adventure's 75 HP diesel engine .. how come naka 190 kp/h siya? eh diba speed rating ng tires (if stock) ng adventure most likely maximum na 160 kph ? my troopebridgestone dueler has a speed rating of only H with i think safe for 160 kph ?

anu po sir ?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by razedrealm View Post
    pare, kahit mclaren F1 or porsche gt kaya mong unahan kung di nya alam na kinakarera mo sya
    Maybe so, but the Alterra did indeed give chase. It tailed and overtook me from Sucat exit hanggang Bicutan. After that, I whizzed past it and said goodbye all the way to the C5 exit.

Quote Originally Posted by razedrealm
    unless ibang klase adventure mo bro, minsan bitaw ka slex pahalang unahan mo yung airbus a320 sa pagtakeoff. mukhang iba karga ng adventure mo wala pa naman akong nabalitaang evo-adventure though. hindi pa makadecide kung saan pwede imount yung rear rice wing... im sure yung sayo meron na for extra downforce
    Call it biodiesel, baby. I do have the standard rear spoiler, but I highly doubt it does anything in the way of downforce.

Kidding aside, baka naman inaantok lang yung driver (o pagod na rin tulad ko), that's why he wasn't able to maximize the Alterra's potential. But then again, the way he first overtook me at Bicutan [on the shoulder lane, nearly sidewiping me in the process!] was proof he was very much awake and had all his faculties in order.

Now I realize, it's not the engine at all, it's probably the transmission! Plus the Adventure is relatively lighter after all. The point is, the Alterra should have had little to no problem catching up, on account of its power. The driver threw down the gauntlet, but was unable to follow through. Pero siguradong mas busog pa rin ang tangke niya kesa sa tangke ko after all that exertion.

There is this one guy over at MAC who claims to have outfitted his N/A diesel Adventure with turbo. Bumilis daw ang takbo, lumakas daw ang hatak -- um, kuntento na ako sa stock. Mahirap na eh.

And I still say the Alterra looks like a hearse. Not that anyone should be justifiably insulted at the implication; just because hearses are used in funerals doesn't mean they can't zip around -- as long as they lose the casket first. :D

Quote Originally Posted by nels
    May nag-post nga dati naka-190kph daw sya on an Adventure downhill from Tagaytay. Say what?
    Ah, yun ang imposible. Ang diesel Adventure, pag umabot na ng 190kph, susmaryosep, baka kaha na lang ang matira. :bwahaha:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 11th, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    190 kph tagaytay downhill? dont you think sir if that is even possible for an adventure? there's a lot of things that needs to be considered, first engine: dont you think adventures 75 horsepower diesel engin can go up to 190 km/h?
    second the tires, suv and auv tires is not designed to reach speeds up to 190 km/h unless the owner replace it with other tires because im talking about OE tires .. my isuzu trooper's bridgestone tire nga is only rated H with i think maximum safe speed is about 160 or 180 km/h..
    third the road .. i dont think so that the tagaytay downhill roads can provide enough straight road for the adventure to go that speed ..
    fourth cars downforce: dont you think adventure wont fly or loose control at that speed? even if it had big spoilers and aero wings all around dont you think the roads in tagaytay wont make he adventure fly when it run over the inclined roads? unless na runway ung dinaanan ng adventure, even if ..

diba? sino po nag post nun dati?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    LOL! hehe .. i agree that the alterra looks like a "KARO" and its tail light looks like a CANDY to me .. but nothing beats isuzu's fuel consumption ..! badly yung trooper 4jx1 ko merong injector seal defect .. ayun 6 mothns nawalay saken .. buti under warranty .. haaay ..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've been hearing the rumors, but I've yet to confirm it firsthand with an Alterra owner.

The rumors are regarding the gasket around the fuel injectors... yes... eerily like the problem with the Trooper O-rings.

But the difference is, the O-ring issue was related to the use of improper coolant (I know, I know... how stupid it is to have o-rings that get eaten up by the wrong coolant)... whereas the Alterra gasket issue is supposedly related to diesel quality, which is why it isn't as widespread... yet.

-----

Between the Alterra and the Fortuner, the Alterra has a softer ride and possibly better fuel economy. The Fortuner 3.0 has more power and better handling, as well as being better off-road. I haven't seen how the Alterra holds up over the long-haul (if the hinges will be soft as butter, like the Crosswind, or if the trim will likewise start to rattle), but IMHO, the durability and quality of the Fortuner's interior materials is disappointing... but then, a lot of new Toyotas (bar the RAV4 and Camry) have disappointing interiors. Neither is my first pick for a family car, since there better family cars for less money.
    huh? Fuel Injector issue? Totoo ba yan? Hindi naman siguro... FYI, naka travel na ng 79T km yung Alterra ng Friend ko pero wala namang problema so far according to him. Kung saan-saan din kaya sya nagpapakarga ng diesel. Kung related nga iyan sa quality ng diesel di dapat lumabas na ang issue na yan sa kanya.

One time I remembered na palagi sya nagpapagas sa station na binabaha palagi. I told him not to continue such practice since there might be some impurities in the diesel his acquiring from that gas station... Quality o dirtiness? he is not aware of this yet when I told him...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Tell me about it. I once smoked an Alterra along SLEX -- and I was driving a diesel Adventure, for Pete's sake! What's that, Isuzu? Diesel turbo, you say? Didn't matter if I got lucky or not; what matters is that I pwned the clunker FTW. :lol:

For fuel economy though, an Alterra would most likely be hard to beat. Never mind if it looks like a hearse...
    Ngek! Ngek! Ngek! driver din kaya ako ng Adventure and I also owned one. Malaki difference ng dalawa at palagay ko nasa driver na lang iyan... Kung ako nasa Alterra, I can easily outrun an Adventure anytime.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapZzZz View Post
    Good day sir, My dad just bought an Isuzu alterra 2008 4x2 AT just last february. I have driven my brother's fortuner 2006 4x2 and I would say nakakahilo. Pati akong driver nahilo, no joke. I have also driven yung DMAX, (Pinapatest nila dati sa isuzu alabang when I accompanied my father to test drive yung alterra) and just the same, nahilo ako sa tagtag. When I drove yung alterra, hindi sya ganun katagtag, and if you ask kung ano definition ko ng tagtag, I drive a lowered honda civic kaya alam ko ang matagtag. Anyhow, I would say na yung tagtag nya eh sakto lng para sa isang SUV.

Matipid rin sya, mga around 10-11KM per liter. Pero I noticed na sabog yung SUBS nya, kaya I immediately told my dad, and ganun nga when he went to isuzu, ang sabi ng SA sabog nga yung subs and replace na lng daw nila, had to order pa daw. I also noticed na mejo may rattle yung mga sides pag tumatakbo, considering bago pa sya, so what more kung matanda na yung sasakyan, pero malamang may fix naman dito.

I find the reverse camera useless, kelangan mo pa papuntahin sa AV menu ng JVC para lang lumabas yung image, which sana is automatic na lng tuwing magbackup. Pero I would say na good buy din ito dahil para sa akin, importante ang FC considering na SUV sya.
    ayusin mo lang ang seatbelts sa likod man. malamang yun lang ang cause nun...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by razedrealm View Post
    pare, kahit mclaren F1 or porsche gt kaya mong unahan kung di nya alam na kinakarera mo sya

i own a 2007 4x2 alterra automatic and hearse or not, there is no way on this earth na mauunahan ako ng adventure sa karera.

unless ibang klase adventure mo bro, minsan bitaw ka slex pahalang unahan mo yung airbus a320 sa pagtakeoff. mukhang iba karga ng adventure mo
    wala pa naman akong nabalitaang evo-adventure though. hindi pa makadecide kung saan pwede imount yung rear rice wing im sure yung sayo meron na for extra downforce
    Man, lahat naman ng SUV pwede sabihing mukhang hearse e. mga haters lang mga iyan.

You don't have to worry man and we know you have a good SUV. Ako din I'd like to have one pero wala pa akong enough bugdet e.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    downhill from tagaytay? eh diba liko-liko kalsada doon? unless na runway yung tinakbuhan ng adventure ..
    considering the adventure's 75 HP diesel engine .. how come naka 190 kp/h siya? eh diba speed rating ng tires (if stock) ng adventure most likely maximum na 160 kph ? my troopebridgestone dueler has a speed rating of only H with i think safe for 160 kph ?

anu po sir ?
    Nice one!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ayun ! may bumati rin saken .. LOL!
    FYI gasoline stations na nasa 10 years na daw ang tanda will most likely have impurities on their products ..
    WHY?

because of their storage tank, when the tank is getting older, most likely it will have some rust or decayed parts than eventualy mixed with their products stored in it .. sabi sakin nung mechanic ng petron na ayaw sa products ng petron ! hehe ..

and much better if you would gas-up to the gas stations na company owned so you are assured for the optimum quality of their products ..
    cleanest diesels daw is :
    1. TOTAL
    2.SHELL
    3.PETRON
    and the least is caltex .. (based on my expiriences)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Is 2008 isuzu alterra that good?