New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I was thinking, for flooded or submerged vehicles where the seats got soaked wet with flood water, has anyone here tried or have tried fully washing their car seat's interior foam?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Not car seats pero yung queen size mattress namin dati nabaha so totally submerged namin sa immersion tank with disinfectant then immerse ulit sa water and a lot of sun drying. Kung pressure wash lang kasi parang totally hindi ma pepenetrate yung buong seat at possibly may mag linger na amoy pag tuyo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    I was thinking, for flooded or submerged vehicles where the seats got soaked wet with flood water, has anyone here tried or have tried fully washing their car seat's interior foam?
    I think pwede mo naman i-fully wash. Use a water extraction machine or wet-dry vacuum to remove as much as water possible to speed the drying process.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    How about removing the fabric and the foam pad and have them "dry cleaned" at least the steel frame does not get rusty

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for flooded vehicles mas maganda kung aalisin mo talaga yung seat and frame, and remove if possible the foam and seat cover. besides washing the foam and cover you will need to clean and grease/oil the frame and springs. pag di nalubricate yung frame and springs after some time kakalawangin then minsan napuputol pa yung springs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    for flooded vehicles mas maganda kung aalisin mo talaga yung seat and frame, and remove if possible the foam and seat cover. besides washing the foam and cover you will need to clean and grease/oil the frame and springs. pag di nalubricate yung frame and springs after some time kakalawangin then minsan napuputol pa yung springs.
    Ito ang tama, yung mga moving parts kasi need ma-inspect kung may damage. Tapos re-lurication nga and yung springs dapat professional gumawa nang pangtanggal, para safe na hindi masisira foam.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ung sa akin kumatas lang sa matting at pumasok ng 1 inch binaklas ko na ung buong matting.

buti saktong naglalaba si misis kaya lahat ng pinaggamitang sabon un ang pinang babad ko sa kanya ng una.after nun saka ko sinabon ulit ng champion powder .saka binilad sa araw ng 2 days.

bango na ulit ng loob.
    Last edited by jaypee10; November 26th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    after nun saka ko sinabon ulit ng champion power
    Ryan Agoncillo! Is that you? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk