New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    mga ka-Innova,

kindly post all queries here regarding proper aircon maintenance of our beloved Innovas.

Hi, any recommended shop po near mandaluyong city? 70k na mileage unit ko, ok pa naman aircon but need to check na ito baka pag nasira mas malala ty

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Be careful lang sa airon cleaning, baklas lahat yan and baka may mga parts or bolt na makaligtaan ikabit pag binalik na.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I can recommend CarBase in banawe area. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Our Innova's aircon suddenly smelled bad (maasim).
    Removed and cleaned the aircon filter but it seems the smell is still there.
    Auto shops are closed as it election day yesterday but I will still change the filter.

Any other possible causes and solution for this?

I read about sprying lysol in the evaporator. Is is easy to access the evaporator in the Innova? I was actually thinking about this last but when I tooki off the filter, I say the blower fan and not the evaporator.

My Innova is just 7 months old and I dont want the AC to be serviced that soon.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Is is easy to access the evaporator in the Innova? .
    Gruesome. Baklas dashboard.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    if you do not the want hassle of dashboard removal in the shops here's a DIY
    1. buy a can of lysol spray
    2. go to open space area.
    3. open all windows
    4. star the engine, turn on a/c & all the fans full blast on refresh mode
    5. spray the lysol into the intake air vents both front and rear (left right under for rear)
    6. clean the cabin air filter. if you feel it needs replacement as much as possible find one with carbon filament, (hard to find thou)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    if you do not the want hassle of dashboard removal in the shops here's a DIY
    1. buy a can of lysol spray
    2. go to open space area.
    3. open all windows
    4. star the engine, turn on a/c & all the fans full blast on refresh mode
    5. spray the lysol into the intake air vents both front and rear (left right under for rear)
    6. clean the cabin air filter. if you feel it needs replacement as much as possible find one with carbon filament, (hard to find thou)
    Thanks!

This is what I've been thinking but I am a little bit apprehensive because on the possible effect of the lysol mist on the blower fan.
    Do you think the lysol wont affect the blower?

Another question, is about the vents. Are the vents located in the engine bay or inside the passenger cabin?

What is the position of the aircon components relative to the movement of air?

cabin filter ---> blower -----> evaporator -----> air vents (driver and passengers)

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arnold42gal View Post
    Hi, any recommended shop po near mandaluyong city? 70k na mileage unit ko, ok pa naman aircon but need to check na ito baka pag nasira mas malala ty
    Try F.T. Laqui Car Aircon shop in Barangaka Drive or Calbayog Sts.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Our Innova's aircon suddenly smelled bad (maasim).
    Removed and cleaned the aircon filter but it seems the smell is still there.
    Auto shops are closed as it election day yesterday but I will still change the filter.

Any other possible causes and solution for this?

I read about sprying lysol in the evaporator. Is is easy to access the evaporator in the Innova? I was actually thinking about this last but when I tooki off the filter, I say the blower fan and not the evaporator.

My Innova is just 7 months old and I dont want the AC to be serviced that soon.

Just a question...

Is the rear aircon turned ON as well? usual practice for me is to always turn it on as well even if it's just me in the car... noticed the "vinegar like smell" if rear aircon is off.
    Last edited by liv; May 14th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i think the vents are in the cowl, you can see the intake vents near that wiper arms.

on the "refresh mode" blower you will feel the suction of intake.

intake air vents - cabin filter - blower - evaporator - louver is the movement of the air.

if your concerned is short circuiting the blower from spraying a can of lysol I think not. Imagine our rainy season.

CAUTION: you must not be inside the vehicle once you sprayed the lysol.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    May idea ba kayo how much palinis ng aircon sa casa? Katakot kasi sa labas baka di nila maibalik ng maigi yung dashboard. Quote sa speedyfix is 5.5k...
    Hina na kasi ng buga aircon ng 2006 innova namin, first time lang ko magpapalinis.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Innova Aircon Maintenance