New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 331 of 363 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3622
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Not a sta fe owner. With regards to question 3, nabasa ko sa manual ng car namin na pag nasa sloping terrain, pull the hand brake first before shifting to P. Pag aalis ka na, shift to R or D first before releasing of hand brake
    Thanks for the input Sir. However I do practice that with my Santa Fe's parking brakes as well. Medyo kakaiba lang talaga kapag on sloping ground.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    Brought my SF to the dealer last Wednesday. They said the door lock handle button is busted and they will file for replacement under warranty. They'll inform me once the warranty is approved. In the meantime, I took the unit home while waiting for their call.

Upon googling, I noted that there are similar issues with Canadian & USDM SF units but the dealers there replace the door lock actuators and not the door lock handle. :confused:
    You might want to tell them also about your research results Sir. Based on experience, our dealerships here do not proactively go the extra mile of finding out the root cause of problems we report to them so letting them know might help with the resolution.

For example, when I was scouting for a good deal before purchasing my vehicle, I asked them about the leak issue in the SF3. I can say wala talaga silang idea about it. The good thing though, humingi silang links to articles about the problem para daw well-informed din sila.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kahit sa starex ganyan. May nag lock ata sa gears nyan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KingReyes View Post
    Meanwhile, here are some observations I have on my unit. I'll have the following addressed during my 1K PMS probably next week.

1. Front passenger headrest is more tilted downward compared to the driver's headrest. Not sure if this is standard.
    2. One missing rubber bumper under the hood. This should be easy and inexpensive to replace but I'll have them deal with it nonetheless.
    3. Sometimes, extra force is needed when shifting from P to R. I notice this when parking on sloping terrain. Could be caused by the brakes still bedding in maybe?
    With regards Sa #3, all automatics are like that, specially when parked on inclines and the hand brake/foot brake isn't properly engaged or have trouble holding the vehicle. The "Park" acts as a wheel chock, same thing as putting stones behind the wheels to keep the vehicle from rolling.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    With regards Sa #3, all automatics are like that, specially when parked on inclines and the hand brake/foot brake isn't properly engaged or have trouble holding the vehicle. The "Park" acts as a wheel chock, same thing as putting stones behind the wheels to keep the vehicle from rolling.
    Odd because our AT Montero does not have the same behavior on the same parking areas I experience this with my SF. If all ATs are like that, may swerteng "defect" siguro yung Montero namin.

What I do now as a "workaround" when parking on inclined surfaces: Shift from D or R to N first, engage the parking brakes, then shift from N to P. I only do this on slight inclines though. If the terrain is really sloping, I engage the parking brakes then go straight from D or R to P (but I'll encounter my issue again before leaving the parking space). All this when stepping on the foot brake of course.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    just press the brake pedal hard, lalambot na yan

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    just press the brake pedal hard, lalambot na yan
    Ibig sabihin Sir kaya ganon kasi bago pa lang yung mechanism ng brakes? Sabi kasi sa casa ganon daw talaga kaya obserbahan ko muna.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I'm selling the following SF3 accessories pala. Baka matulungan nyo ako presyuhan sila.

1. Original head unit of the 4X2 AT
    Condition: Brand new
    RFS: My casa upgraded the head unit of my vehicle for free; pina-install ko na yung upgrade bago ko kunin yung sasakyan kaya never pa nagamit yung original.

2. Smoked window visors, six pieces
    Condition: Brand new
    RFS: I also got this free from the casa; not a fan of window visors kaya ayoko ikabit.
    Note: For aesthetics lang yung dalawang piraso kasi hindi naman nabubuksan ang quarter panels. Kaya lang sila kasama para magmukang buo yung visor from the front window hanggang likod.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi i can give you good deals in purchasing hyundai. my number is 09178010363 thanks
    kent hyundai sucat

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    When I checked HARI's website for the SF3, I noticed that my 18" wheels are different compared to what's posted there.

4X2 AT wheel from HARI's website:
    4x2-sf3-website.jpg

My unit's wheel:
    4x2-sf3-actual.jpg

Honestly, I like what I have better but am wondering what's with the discrepancy.

STA FE (Gen 3)