New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 328 of 363 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3622
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0609 View Post
    Congrats for the new ride! Imho, wag mo muna gamitan 2t. Just have a feel of the car and if you think you need to put 2t then you can go ahead. It's a brand new car! You can also try Petron Turbo Diesel. I have used that before and malakas hatak.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    What is the 2t for? First time I have heard of it on diesel. Alam ko dati sa 2 stroke na scooeter at genser gumamit kami ng 2T oil.

Balikpinoy, congrats. Did you get a KDM unit?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T|tan View Post
    What is the 2t for? First time I have heard of it on diesel. Alam ko dati sa 2 stroke na scooeter at genser gumamit kami ng 2T oil.

Balikpinoy, congrats. Did you get a KDM unit?
    2t is supposed to reduce excessive black smoke coming out of the exhaust aside from lubricating the engine. There's a dedicated thread for that here somewhere.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I used to hear 2T and ATF mixed with diesel with old school 4x4 enthusiasts... for added performance just like fuel additives not really sure if thats the real reason though.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks Sir Larry and ACarEnthusiast. Good info! I do have a follow up question does it interfere with DPF and catalytic converter?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T|tan View Post
    Thanks Sir Larry and ACarEnthusiast. Good info! I do have a follow up question does it interfere with DPF and catalytic converter?
    I don't know with the DPF coz wala naman PHDM SF3 na ganun? Kung meron man hindi naman naka apekto sa SF3 ko noon, not even sa cat converter. But I suggest you read the thread specific for this before plunging in.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Si T|tan you may want to check on 4x4 forums because the 2T may not necessarily work with modern diesel engines like those of the Sta Fe. Most engines 4x4 are those of the Landcruiser, Mitsu 4D56 diesel and other Isuzu engines.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Just use unioil, i have a starex with DPF, wala siyang black smoke...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I agree with Vic. No need for 2T if your vehicle has a DPF. Our Grand Starex also has DPF, been using Seaoil and Unioil since day 1. DPF doesn't regenerate that much compared to that when you are still using the Big 3's diesel for your KDM SF3 sir T|tan. ACarEnthusiast is also correct. 2T might not work with Hyundai's CRDi engine.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the info guys. I was just wondering its application. I use Unioil anyhow so I do not experience any black smoke.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I use Unioil also (16 months now) and do not experience any black smoke but got curious today on the use of 2T as additive to diesel. Based on the threads I've read below, they say it's applicable to SF3 as well. And lots of testimonials from SFCP members!

Sir Larry, did you try? I noticed in one of the threads you were curious as well.

Anyone here who have tried already?

Here are the discussion threads that I've been back-reading:

SFCP thread
    Login

Tsikot thread
    http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...il-fuel-79879/

STA FE (Gen 3)