New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pekekek View Post
    Again it is unfair to judge the brand. We have 3 hyundais now, tucson diesel, sonata premium and genesis 3.8. We have no problem with them except for a backup sensor ng sonata which was dedective. The casa checked and approved replacement but it took HARI 2 months to bring the part. Pinadala ba ng korea yung part? Sus, sa dami ng hyundai casa wala ba silang makuha na part? This is my biggest regret with buying hyundai, the lousy after sales service. Dapat ata sa hancar nalang ako bumili, HARI is too busy to attend to their end users. Ang layo nila sa HCPI.
    With all due respect sir,

HARI is the Hyundai brand here (grey market dealers aside). They can theoretically have the worst cars in the industry but if they have the best after-sales service, mabango ang pangalan nila sa mga end-users.

In this case, it looks like the reverse.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi guys, just an update. I brought in the car at Quezon Avenue yesterday. On board was an OBD scanner, assistant manager and 2 technical people monitoring the car's condition. The ACCENT was driven along NLEX, exiting tabang and back to manila. It's funny though that they couldn't see any problems such as low power and knocking. I haven't been able to peek in so as I can check if there were really no errors scanned by the OBD as I was the one driving.

Nevertheless, the assistant manager was very concerned as well and advised me that once the new ECU ordered abroad arrives, we will have a stringent check of the car. Again, this responsibility falls within dealership level and not distribution.

I'm pretty sure HARI is aware of all these and they let their dealers take care of the problems. WE CANNOT, THEREFORE, IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY (HYUNDAI ASIA RESOURCES, INC.) HAD IMPORTED CARS FROM KOREA THAT WERE DEFECTIVE AND DOES NOT ADDRESS THESE CONCERNS IN THEIR LEVEL.

It was pretty evident in their letter, they cannot accede to such demand, what protection does a consumer have in this case? Kawawa ang mga dealers for sure. HARI's & Hyundai's reputation will SOON decline down to the pit if they continue to turn a blind eye on these matters.

Also, to comment on the fuel quality, these ACCENTS are equipped with knocking sensors. Once knocking is detected, timing will be adjusted and retard the knocking issue. In our case, the knocking persists even if we tried different fuel brands from different petrol stations. It all boils down to the quality and HARI won't admit this flaw, hence, actions must be taken.

Actions to be taken: 1st step

So far, I have gathered quite a few problematic Accent owners. I will call on a representative from HARI and set an appointment with them to discuss these issues and get a clear picture of their process in resolving these matters. Their office is in Makati, securing an appointment with them should be rather easy. I would appreciate if you can join me guys in this meeting and once it is set, we all go there and let them hear our voices. I'm sure they will do something about it.

Also, this is open for non-accent owners as well, please feel free to join us.

I'm starting the List.

1. Behaveddriver
    2. Helen

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I think the only good vehicles of Hyundai right now are Sta. Fe, Sonata and Grand Starex. The rest are still not up to standards. Maybe you can write a letter the Hyundai Korea, all Hyundai cars are imported from Korea right now.
    I think you're maybe right, yung Tucson marami rin ako nababasa complaints, yung grand Starex ko wala pa naman problems encountered so far and yung Santa Fe naman minor problems lang. Pero itong accent ko stressed out ako dahil hindi maayos ayos ang problema.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ano problem naririnig mo sa tucson? Dito lang ba sa philippines nangyayari mga problems ng hyundai or worldwide?

Kasi kung pinas lang ito eh tapunan tayo ng mga lemon hyundai.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    May nababasa ako mga problems sa tucson sa ibang thread on the gas variant, nothing though on my units or my friends. May nagsabi sa akin na kalampag daw lumalabas after 1 year and the notorious shift lock failure, thats about it sa tucson.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ano na kaya balita dito?

*TS, any update?

Quote Originally Posted by pekekek View Post
    May nababasa ako mga problems sa tucson sa ibang thread on the gas variant, nothing though on my units or my friends. May nagsabi sa akin na kalampag daw lumalabas after 1 year and the notorious shift lock failure, thats about it sa tucson.

kalampag is due to stablink issues.

yung shift lock failure is due to brake switch failure

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Nice input Bro!
    Really make an effort to put your feelings into writings...

Tungkol sa Fuel, wala namang kit na nabibili sa Market na every time na bumili ka ng fuel ay ma-counter check mo siya kung ok o hindi. Tatanggapin na lang kung ano pa i-karga sa tanke ng car natin. O kaya, gaya ng nasabi mo ay maging mapanuri sa mga gasolinahan.

For me, I also make a record sa fuel consumption ko at kung may negative observation e note lang.
    All I can test about the fuel is the volume, meron akong container, 18li. Once in a while ay pinapakargahan ko siya lalo na pag nagmura ang gasoline.
    ngaun kasi medyo hindi na talaga na nababantayan ng motoring public ang mga gas stations especially Shell. Shell is perceived as number 1 bec. somehow their stations have all the gimmicks: jollibee, chowking, mcdo and of course, that ever popular Shell Citibank 5% rebates program

i really don't know kung ano ang arrangement ng Shell and Citi, or is it Citi and per owner Shell station, kasi 6% lng nman ang surcharge ni Citi like any other credit card, but they give away 5% of that to us cardholders, so bale 1% na lang ba sa kanila or 50-50 sila. and from what I have observed, not all Shell stations nagbibigay ng rebates so I'm assuming per shell station owner/merchant ang arrangement .

i've tried both regular diesel and gasoline of Petron stations in White Plains and San Miguel ADB Ave., so far ito ang the best quality fuel for both my diesel and gas-fed car. malakas ang hatak at hindi madaling maubos.

anyway don't take my word for it. try nyo na lang mag-full tank sa Shell then full-tank sa Petron. if there are any improvements then good for you hehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ... i've tried both regular diesel and gasoline of Petron stations in White Plains and San Miguel ADB Ave., so far ito ang the best quality fuel for both my diesel and gas-fed car. malakas ang hatak at hindi madaling maubos.

anyway don't take my word for it. try nyo na lang mag-full tank sa Shell then full-tank sa Petron. if there are any improvements then good for you hehe

At least, newbie here can make a good start in selecting their fuel!

Mine is gasoline. Basta pinipili ko lang yung maayos at hindi mukhang gusgusin sa gasoline station.
    This time, petron din ako. Yan kasi ang gas station na bago sa amin at may rebate din from BDO card.

Goodluck sa Thread na ito.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Count me in Sir* Behaveddriver. Game ako miski suntukan sa mga yan.

Para sa mga nagsasabing "not fair to judge the brand", please tigilan mo kme nyang bull$**** na yan kse over a year na ang problema na yan. Ngayon nga binebenta pa sa market na defective pa. Yung unit ko nga 12th day palang knocking na, isang taon na ang lumipas knocking parin. Experienced din the low power issue at pinaltan nila ang ECM/ECU at knocking parin. Di naman ito issue na 7 days ago, 7 weeks ago, o seven months ago. Taon na ang itinagal nito!!!!!!!!

I started a campaign last year na i-warn ang future buyers ng Hyundai, may rume-react pa jan na childish daw. Eh kita mo, may na bibiktima pa, at ang dami nilang naloko at niloloko.

Siguro naman ngayon it's fair to say na Hyundai is a very unreliable, very over-rated brand. Yung mga well-established brands nga sumasabit pa eh ano pa kaya itong new comer na ito. Kung sasabihin natin na after sales service lang naman ang problema ni Hyundai so we don't judge by it, sorry pero after sales service ay 70% reputation ng brand kse may wear and tear yan hindi sa brand new lang. Everybody can sell brand new, but not everybody can maintain it at least close to brand new. SARAO nga produces brand new jeepneys eh. So ganito nalang ba natin ico-compare si Hyundai? Hyundai<SARAO? Pangit diba?! But that's "truth well told".

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Open letter to hyundai asia resources inc - accent 1.4 mt 2012 issue