New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^^ I used to own a Gen3 Starex. Sold it early this year.

I have never encountered that whistling sound bro. in my 5 years of (personally) driving it... Suggest you check out at http://hyundaiautoclubph.proboards.com/ as there is a section there that is dedicated to Gen3 Starex experiences.... Lots of gurus there too, bro.,

10.7K:naughty:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just had Grand starex services at Hyundai. Regarding the ride they said that the psi was more than 40, My driver already set it to 28 PSI. Anyway I also complained about the alignment they kept on mentioning that it wasn't covered by warranty. They mentione that if it was less than 1000 km they would have fixed the alignment for free. SInce my car was more than 2000 kms they had to charged so hindi ko na pinagawa. Sama ng service ng HONDA balintawak.

I was going to have the car aligned sa good year but they could not do it since wala pa silang Grand starex sa computer nila

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    I just had Grand starex services at Hyundai. Regarding the ride they said that the psi was more than 40, My driver already set it to 28 PSI. Anyway I also complained about the alignment they kept on mentioning that it wasn't covered by warranty. They mentione that if it was less than 1000 km they would have fixed the alignment for free. SInce my car was more than 2000 kms they had to charged so hindi ko na pinagawa. Sama ng service ng HONDA balintawak.

I was going to have the car aligned sa good year but they could not do it since wala pa silang Grand starex sa computer nila
    Bro.,- dapat yata Hyundai, hindi Honda....

Minerva Tyres here in Alabang (I think they have shops only here in SouthMM), serviced my GS for camber and alignment a few months after I got it... Napaso na ako dati sa aking Gen3, with Hyundai, so....

Also, I am using 45psi for all my GS's tyres.... Hindi naman matagtag.... Hhhmmm...

10.7K:naughty:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    okay na yung "whistling" sound coming from the back of my starex. loose lang yung lock ng jack sa likod. ayun okay na... thanks to CVT for giving me an idea na hindi mechanical ang problem...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post

Isn't 28 PSI too low for a big van like that ? Ako nga sedan, 30 on all sides ...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Isn't 28 PSI too low for a big van like that ? Ako nga sedan, 30 on all sides ...
    Yup you are right I just set it to 35 PSI. I will be driving it to baguio tomorrow, hopefully ride will be better.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------

Will a Hyundai GS last 10 years without any major problem, pag ginamit na pang-harabas wihtin Metro Manila?
    Depende sa "pang-harabas" na gamit mo iyan, bro.... IMO, the GS is one solid ride which can serve you many years if you maintain it properly, just like any other vehicle...

10.8K:lalala:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just brought the grand starex to Baguio, all I can say is that the engine is very responsive and very good at overtaking even at the kennon road. The ride wasnt as bad as I expected. We were just 4 adults and 1 kid. It was pretty good for a van. We still can't expect the ride to be as smooth as a car, but the nevertheless my passengers at the back seem to be comfortable. Fuel consumption seems good. I used less than half a tank considering that I did a lot of overtaking. Will still check actual FC after I fill up tomorrow.

Well I just hope Hyundai GS is as durable as its japanese counterparts.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro, remember that the GS's tank capacity is now 75L (compared to 60L of the Gen3)..... So, there you go on the fuel consumption...

Anyway, I am getting a better rate of fuel consumption on the GS compared to our Gen3 then... But most importantly, GS's handling is better as there is less body roll, compared to the Gen3.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Depende sa "pang-harabas" na gamit mo iyan, bro.... IMO, the GS is one solid ride which can serve you many years if you maintain it properly, just like any other vehicle...

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the feedback.

By "pang-harabas" use, i mean daily use from house to school and to office, then use for errands to buy groceries, medicines, etc., all within Metro Manila area and within a 30-Km radius, then weekend-use to the malls within the Metro and occassional out of town day-trips like Clark, Tagaytay, Subic and Bataan-areas, Laguna-area, Batangas-area then 2 to 3 major trips a year like going to Baguio, Ilocos, down south to Legaspi (near Mayon Volcano), and the nautical highway from Manila to Batangas then on to Mindoro and to Iloilo (Panay Island).

Medyo lumaki na kasi ang family namin kaya we are considering a van. Kasya naman kami sa 7-seater pag immediate family members lang, pero pag-kasama si lolo and lola or yung ibang extended-family members, di na kasya sa 7-seater.

Sa mga full-size vans kasi, it seems that only the Hyundai GS is ok. Kahit saan ka tumingin, you will see a Hyundai GS. Pero medyo apprehensive lang kami because of the negative feedbacks we got about the previous models like, "kalawanging" and "sira-in". Syempre, when one purchases a vehicle, dapat the vehicle will last at least 8 years of use. Kasi kung hindi, sayang lang din.

Will the Hyundai GS be able to hack the Halsema Highway from Baguio to Bontoc, then to Sagada, with 9 passengers and their luggages?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [continued]