Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    just take it to hyundai alabang....problem solved

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshimitsu View Post
    *kylerner
    Saan casa ka nagpa-appointment? Sad to hear about the problem of your car. Hope everything will get fixed ASAP!
    I hope this wont come back and bite me.. i did ask opinions here where's the best place to go to and was warned against certain casas.. but in the end i took a chance and brought it to Manila Bay mainly for convenience. Other factors:

* Since a mechanic warned me that its dangerous to drive my accent bec of the loud steering noise, i became wary of driving it to the farther casas with M.M. traffic. Manila Bay is 10 mins away from our house.

* I did scope it out first before bringing my car, service staff seems reasonable, and i bumped into a Sales agent I knew back in Otis . He said he'll help me.

* Finally, I reasoned with the clear and obvious manifestation of the problem, and with car only 15k and less than 3 years, my warranty claim should be a no-brainer (one would think)

Anyway, my appointment was at 9:00am and i finished at 3:00pm!!! Sobrang habang pila at dami ng nagpapa-service! Thats the only bummer.. e sabi nga nung mechanic na nag-drive to he service bay e rinig na rinig yung problem. And when they were backing up to the lifter, lakas ng tunog rinig sa buong service bay. O paano pa nila rereject yung broken part na yan?

Still they had to make me wait and inspect it closely and finally they said it is indeed up for a replacement and will order the part and will contact me when its available. So I passed the first part already.. crossing my fingers till they install it with hopefully no hassles.

I dont want to come back here and whine and be told "I told you so"

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istarbuxs View Post
    Hi sir,

If I may ask, ito (Rack & Pinion issue) ba yung tunog kalampag when driving in some uneven terrain?

Thank you

Yun ang sabi ng mechanic from my previous casa, and from other tsikot forumers here. To be honest it was my first time to hear about "Rack and Pinion" because in 20 years of driving i dont recall having that probem in our previous cars. (baka naman sa Automatic lang yan?) Yan nga complain ko e.. our much much older 2 cars e mga shocks and tie-rods lang napapalitan dun ayos na (after way beyond 5 years pa lumabas mga sakit na ganoon)

In my particular case it started out kalampag then lumala problema that it affected the steering already. I guess in a weird way that made it a blessing in disguise because naging sobrang obvious ang sira and make it hard for the casa to reject your claim.

From what im hearing in some threads specially the HNE thread, e sometimes other casas will dismiss the noise issue as requiring bolt tightening lang or something else.

Take note that iba pa yung issue with Shocks ng accent na talagang maririnig mo sa mga humps.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by atmarcella View Post
    just take it to hyundai alabang....problem solved
    hmmm.. parang may hidden meaning yung smiley mo a...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Yun ang sabi ng mechanic from my previous casa, and from other tsikot forumers here. To be honest it was my first time to hear about "Rack and Pinion" because in 20 years of driving i dont recall having that probem in our previous cars. (baka naman sa Automatic lang yan?) Yan nga complain ko e.. our much much older 2 cars e mga shocks and tie-rods lang napapalitan dun ayos na (after way beyond 5 years pa lumabas mga sakit na ganoon)

In my particular case it started out kalampag then lumala problema that it affected the steering already. I guess in a weird way that made it a blessing in disguise because naging sobrang obvious ang sira and make it hard for the casa to reject your claim.

From what im hearing in some threads specially the HNE thread, e sometimes other casas will dismiss the noise issue as requiring bolt tightening lang or something else.

Take note that iba pa yung issue with Shocks ng accent na talagang maririnig mo sa mga humps.
    Hi thank you for the info sir.

Medyo magaling kasi ang tenga ko dyan..on my newly bought Elantra naririnig ko na yung medyo tunog kalampag na di naman naririnig ng passenger ko. Sinabi ko na din yun sa CASA. They just did retightening of bolts, etc. Naririnig ko pa din sya until now. What would be your best suggestion? Thanks sir.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by istarbuxs View Post
    Hi thank you for the info sir.

Medyo magaling kasi ang tenga ko dyan..on my newly bought Elantra naririnig ko na yung medyo tunog kalampag na di naman naririnig ng passenger ko. Sinabi ko na din yun sa CASA. They just did retightening of bolts, etc. Naririnig ko pa din sya until now. What would be your best suggestion? Thanks sir.
    ganyan na ganyan ang problema ng elantra ko, nung bago pa lang nireklamo ko na yung tunog na kalampag sa steering, panay retightening lang ang ginagawa ng casa since 1k pms hanggang last time na pinasok ko sa warranty repair. after 2yrs and 3mos na pabalik-balik for retightening and 2 DTI mediation, tsaka pa lang nila naisipan na papalitan ang rack and pinion ng elantra ko. mukhang sakit talaga ng elantra and accent ang rack and pinion, pero ayaw aminin ng HARI and dealer nila, first time pa lang DAW nila naencounter yung problem sa elantra ko.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Kakagaling ko lang kanina from Hyundai E.Rod para macheck yung kumakalampag sa may steering wheel lalo na on uneven surfaces and rough roads. Tinest drive ng mekaniko and paglabas pa lang namin ng casa, he heard the noise and told me na rack and pinion ang problema. Then when we came back, I had my warranty claim with no questions asked. Sinabi lang sakin na and waiting time is 2-3 weeks for the parts to arrive including the rear shocks that I also wanted to be replaced dahil sobrang lambot. Regarding warranty claims sa Hyundai E.Rod, wala naman ako naging problema sa kanila. Pangalawang beses ko na magclaim ng warranty sa kanila. The first time was when I had my headlights replaced due to moistening.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Ok ba sa Hyundai BGC or what is now Hyundai Pasong Tamo? Its part of the Autohub Group, just for your information LOL

May kakilala kasi ako sa Wheels kaya sana pag mag-warranty claim (huwag naman sana) ay hindi ako mahirapan.
    I wouldn't recommend Hyundai dealerships handled by Autohub Group... the rates don't make you feel like you're saving money for buying a Hyundai vehicle.

To add: if your car is in need of body repairs, do not turn it over to any Autohub Dealership... group of companies 'yan at isa lang ang kumpanya nila na naghahandle ng body repairs. Lahat ng sasakyan na ipagawa sa kanila, mapa-Mini Cooper, Rolls Royce, o Hyundai pa ang brand doon at doon 'yan gagawin. Nung pinagawa ko sa kanila yung sasakyan ko noon, 2 MONTHS inabot at noong umaangal na ako casual lang na sagot: "Sir sa kabilang company po naming kasi ang problema, di naman po namin mai-announce sa lahat na nagkaka-internal issues kami kaya matagal inaabot ng mga units."

The best sa kapalpakan yang Hyundai BGC na 'yan malipat pa sila sa Pasong Tamo. Always have set my expectation noon na pag sa kanila dadalhin ang sasakyan, literal na holdup sa singilan ang mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I have the same problem with my hyundai accent 2012 1.4 AT 15T kms. May parang loose na tunog sa steering wheel when steering it back and fourth specially when the car is standstill and sa lubak tunutunog yung front left side suspension.

Not to mention the "rough idling" now presented by the car even if the A/C is off. I hope when I bring the car to Hyundai Pasig there will be no issues on warranty claims.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Nakausap ko uncle ko na may ganyang problema, pinalitan naman ng Hyundai Balintawak. So far wala sya problema pag claim ng warranty. Daily driven crdi accent with 20k on odometer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Rack&Pinion Problem/Warranty Claim  (Accent, Elentra etc)