New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    2010 Getz GL 1.1 epsilon petrol engine. 30000+ nearing 31k kms. Currently on Royal Purple 10w40 non HPS full synth + Baldwin B1402 oil filter. DIY PMS including valve clearances. All stock configuration including 165x65xR14 tires. Loaded with 3 seemingly fit adults, 1 teen and 1 baby. Full trunk and boot inclusive of baby stroller and baby car seat. Started with full tank of unleaded, full to the brim/filler mouth. Tire pressures at 34 front and 32 rear.

First leg:

Shell Pulang Lupa, Las Piñas to Shell Rosario, La Union via C5 Extension-Kaingin Road-Dona Soledad-Slex-Edsa-NLEX-SCTEX-TPLEX-McArthur Hwy. Average 90-100km/h pure highway driving except for subdivision drive and moderate traffic at EDSA Guadalupe, madaling araw.

243kms total distance, 13.01 liters unleaded full to filler mouth = 18.67 kms/liter.

Second leg:

Shell Rosario, La Union-Kennon Road-Baguio City traffic-La Trinidad-Baguio City traffic-more Baguio City traffic-Strawberry Farm La Trinidad-Baguio City traffic-Marcos Highway downhill-Mc Arthur Highway-TPLEX-SCTEX-NLEX-EDSA-Dona Soledad-Dona Soledad 30minute traffic-SLEX-Sta Rosa Exit-Tagaytay City-Aguinaldo Highway-Zapote-Shell Pulang Lupa, Las Piñas.

507 kms total distance, 28.01 liters used and refuelled full to filler mouth = 18.1 kms/liter. Matipid pa rin despite all the experienced uphill action and traffic in Baguio City.

Some notes:
    - Stayed in 2nd to 3rd gear during Baguio uphill climbs, max rpm used is barely 3000. A/C always on because of Baguio pollution.
    - Coasted on downhill Marcos highway in 5th, 4th or 3rd gear depending on speed with moderate brake-release-brake intervals, A/C off.
    - Coasted on Tagaytay-Silang Aguinaldo highway downhill on neutral (kids, don't do this at home) averaging 60-80km/h on gravity, engine speed idle at 850rpm, A/C off.
    - Rest of highway and city drives, A/C always on. #2 fan during daytime, #1 fan speed during night time.
    - Yes, car only has 30000+ kms because both me and wifey have our own bikes/scoots that we use for daily drives to work.
    - I use an onboard computer (android software) connected to ECU via Bluetooth adapter to monitor intake manifold vacuum, trip KPL, accumulated KPL and realtime KPL which controls my gas foot. Hehehe! However, the projected readings were quite convservative compared to real life results. The trip KPL for the first and second legs averaged 16.9 and 16.8 kms/liter respectively compared to 18.67 and 18.1 kms/liter respectively.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Our Hyundai Grand i10
    10kpl city driving manual comp (9.8 l per 100km)
    and 14kpl in NLEX at 80-90kph manual comp.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    my Hyundai EON 11km/L city driving
    I heard others are hitting 15km/L for city driving

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Of course, big factor pa din ung driving habits but let's say pareho yung driving habits, I think depende din kasi kung saan sa city yung city driving. My officemate has an Eon as well. He averages 12.5km/l that's from Fairview (house) to E. Rodriguez, Libis (work) during rush hour travel since our office hours is 9AM to 6PM. I think that's decent already considering that he is stuck in traffic 40% of the time (Katipunan to Eastwood)

I think if he is working and using his Eon from Fairview to Makati, then that might be a different story. He might be reaching 11km/l as well. imho =)

Quote Originally Posted by ManongBlogger View Post
    my Hyundai EON 11km/L city driving
    I heard others are hitting 15km/L for city driving

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jkill View Post
    2013 Tucson GLS spec up At Gas
    Traffic: Congressional to BGC and back 6-6.5 km/l
    No Traffic: Congressional to BGC and back 10-11 km/l

Pagkakuha namin ganyan na yung consumption nya after 1k PMS the same padin, mag improve pa ba FC ko after 5k PMS?
    Malaks pala ito... I am just waiting for this tucson unit... But at this rate... Mukang lakas pala talaga nito sa gas

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    For the engine of Tucson, hindi yan malakas sa gas, nicocompare nyo kasi sa 1.3 or 1.6 engine, kahit gna 1.8 ganyan ang consumption.

Normal sa 2.0 ang 6-8km/L pure city drive with heavy traffic.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Just got back from a weekend trip to Baguio with our 2014 Grand Starex Gold. There were 9 people inside during the trip and we were averaging 120kph sa NLEX/SCTEX/TPLEX and got 8.9 kpl..
    Also, I used Uni Oil EURO IV diesel..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Got the unit last friday.. drove around alabang area weekend.. it was a little traffic but the thing registered at 26.4L/100kms
    roughly 3.78kms/liter... awww.. never new it has very low mileage..

I have had other 2.0, 2.4L vehicles before.. so far this is the worst, next to this was a 2.4L Nissan Terrano that had a mileage of 5.5Kms/L, a 2.0L L300 that was running around 5 - 6kms/L. A honda 2.0 Accord that was running around 5 -6 Kms/L and honda 2.4L that was around 7Kms/L, the best so far that I had is was a 2.0 Toyota Corona that had an F/C of 8 - 9Kms/L

I guess too early to say.. need to get its first PM's and check for the FC

Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    For the engine of Tucson, hindi yan malakas sa gas, nicocompare nyo kasi sa 1.3 or 1.6 engine, kahit gna 1.8 ganyan ang consumption.

Normal sa 2.0 ang 6-8km/L pure city drive with heavy traffic.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    2014 Accent HB DSL MT, 16kpl for 80% city 20% highway. Phoenix Petroleum diesel

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    2014 Accent HB AT
    Based on fuel consumption indicator:
    South - Manila via SLEX: 17 Km/liter (80-100 Km/hr speed)
    City driving: 15 Km/liter (Moderate to heavy traffic)

Using Shell V-Power Diesel.

Hyundai Fuel Consumption Database