New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Starex meron pa yung old diesel yung TCi ata tawag nila duon...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yup. It's a good choice if you want a modern car with decent crash safety with a relatively low-maintenance engine (low-maintenance relative to CRDis, that is).

110k on the Innova isn't unexpected, but it could be better... Injector and fuel system life will depend on where you fuel up and how often you change the fuel filter. I've had Crosswinds blow fuel pumps at just 120k kms... and another is now going at 150k kms... but the one that I personally maintain has already hit 170k kms with absolutely no fuel system issues.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

But for CRDis, talagang maselan sila sa old diesel. I don't know if the new low sulfur diesel has the same effect, pero kung 4 years old yung Innova, it may have still gotten enough of the old stuff to cause damage.

Andaming lumang CRDi Troopers at Nissan Patrols na may issues.

Wonder if we can retrofit old-style injectors in the Focus TDCi and detune it when it hits 150k?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    TCI is ok. However, this is also an electronically managed engine. The injection pump is electronic....... more expensive to repair that those with regular VE rotary injection pumps. Ask Hyundai for the price of a replacement pump when it goes bad.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yup. It's a good choice if you want a modern car with decent crash safety with a relatively low-maintenance engine (low-maintenance relative to CRDis, that is).

110k on the Innova isn't unexpected, but it could be better... Injector and fuel system life will depend on where you fuel up and how often you change the fuel filter. I've had Crosswinds blow fuel pumps at just 120k kms... and another is now going at 150k kms... but the one that I personally maintain has already hit 170k kms with absolutely no fuel system issues.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

But for CRDis, talagang maselan sila sa old diesel. I don't know if the new low sulfur diesel has the same effect, pero kung 4 years old yung Innova, it may have still gotten enough of the old stuff to cause damage.

Andaming lumang CRDi Troopers at Nissan Patrols na may issues. True..

Wonder if we can retrofit old-style injectors in the Focus TDCi and detune it when it hits 150k? Can't do this. Focus TDCI has the Siemens common rail system on it. Injectors are also electronic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    TCI is ok. However, this is also an electronically managed engine. The injection pump is electronic....... more expensive to repair that those with regular VE rotary injection pumps. Ask Hyundai for the price of a replacement pump when it goes bad.
    Sir Doeseldude,

What specific problems does hyundai starex crdi engine's on high (or low) mileage have for i am planning to get one in the near future. Are problems confined to hyundai or common to all modern crdi engines.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    Sir Doeseldude,

What specific problems does hyundai starex crdi engine's on high (or low) mileage have for i am planning to get one in the near future. Are problems confined to hyundai or common to all modern crdi engines.

Thanks
    We haven't really seen any recurring failure trend on Hyundai's Starex CRDIs. In fact, I think they're quite good.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hay buti naman.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    We haven't really seen any recurring failure trend on Hyundai's Starex CRDIs. In fact, I think they're quite good.
    So replace once every few years then forget? It's not a recurring issue like Trooper O-rings?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pag 70T km, kailaan na talaga mag change ng timing belt? kasama daw pulley and tensioner? mukha malaki damage to...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wahzai_swy View Post
    Pag 70T km, kailaan na talaga mag change ng timing belt? kasama daw pulley and tensioner? mukha malaki damage to...
    Correct if i'm wrong but are'nt CRDI engines equipped with timing chain so they are adjusted at a migher mileage. Tci engines can be replaced just about that mileage.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hyundai CRDi engine problems?