New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hi tsikoters! Im considering to get myself a 2nd hand accent and have been browsing OLX lately and seeing a lot of accent on the said site. I was surprised that a 2012-2014 year model was priced around 300-450k.

I understand that hyundai isnt a japan car brand which added to the price down, but on top of that, is there something I need to worry? any known issue/s? what about the maintenance? What's the catch with this huge price down?

My budget is 400k if I can get a diesel, ill choose it over gas.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Di kaya ex-taxi unit sir? That price is too low for a recent model car.

Or worse, baka nyakaw

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    already browse olx, at nagulat ako ganyang price range nga yung mga 2011 Hyundai accent. Siguro ito yung mga first batch na accent na may mga knocking issues.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Madami sigurong issues yung mga first batch ng accent kaya siguro ang laki ng ibinaba ng resale value nito.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Isa sa reason kung bakit mababa resale value ng diesel variant nyan kasi yung driver na gumagamit is hindi sanay mag drive ng sasakyan na may turbo... Wala kasing turbo timer.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Isa sa reason kung bakit mababa resale value ng diesel variant nyan kasi yung driver na gumagamit is hindi sanay mag drive ng sasakyan na may turbo... Wala kasing turbo timer.
    Sir, yung current model po yata na accent gas yung tinutukoy nya, hindi po yata yung 1.5 crdi na lumang model. Sabi kasi ni TS eh 2012-2014 model eh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    gas variant ito. kasi yung diesel sedan variant ng new accent 2nd quarter nag release.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    any comment po sa mga accent 2006 owner?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Actually mababa talaga resale value for the Accent RB whether gas or diesel.. one factor probably is the low retail price of a brand new one, and the engine knocking for the 1.4 gas ones. All else, all boils down to market's perception of the car and brand and the driver's selling price expectations.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Most do really fall for the big discounts that most dealerships shell out just to release a unit. But always keep in mind that you will be using this car not for just 1 week, but for yyears the expense that it entails doesn't end when you cash out in the dealership, but all the way until you decide to get rid of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast