New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    The older accent (used by taxis nowadays) was priced at 690k for the basic and 700k for the power windows model.
    Not according to this post from 2008:

Quote Originally Posted by Elroi View Post
    *number001 - colors ng GL ay noble white, sky blue at leaf green. GLS ay ebony black, space silver at blue onyx.

accent 1.5 crdi vgt m/t
    GL-680k
    GLS-768k
    from here: http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...61/index4.html

Hence, the new diesel sedan in more powerful, has more torque, better looking and the really the cheaper of the two.

Di pa pala ako na-"senior moment"... ;-)

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    There is one on display at Abad Santos. White w/ unpainted door handles, trunk garnish, black steel rims w/cover. They even placed a mock up taxi sign on the roof.

According to carguide p, it is priced at:

Accent 1.6 E 4DR CRD VGT P 728,000

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Hyundai has their "own" maintenance requirement.. Its not just a matter of inquiring the cost of a brand new car, you should also be keen for their maintenance requirements.. Or else you would get more problems in the end.
    Hyundai "forces" their customers to have an oil change every 3 months or 5000KM eventhough the manual explicitly states that it should be 6 months or 5000KM. I went so far as to email Hyundai about this and when they cited the "harsh condition" text in their manual, I replied with a scan of the page it was on. The page says for any country outside of Europe, interval should be 6 months or 5000KM. As expected, they no longer replied. Basically, I got the "malas mo" treatment.

Btw, Casa will tell you that they are not strict on this but remember, it is not the Casa that approves your warranty claim, it is HARI.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Steel rims, no fog lamps, rear third brake light, heated back window glass, powered side mirrors, fixed steering.

Okay pa rin! Yung makina ang pang alas talaga.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Steel rims, no fog lamps, rear third brake light, heated back window glass, powered side mirrors, fixed steering.

Okay pa rin! Yung makina ang pang alas talaga.

How about safety features, does it have at least an ABS?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont think it has one. Sinita ko rin yan sa SA ng Pasong Tamo branch. Yung 3pt seatbelt at side impact beams ang primary safety nya, basic lang talaga as in pang taxi. Pero kung tutuusin, libo libong kotse wala pa namang abs, ok naman sila.

Balik lang ulit sa dahan dahang pag drive. Defensive ika nga ^^

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Deciding between this (728,000) or the Vios J (630,000).

In terms of fuel economy, it's obvious: 15km/L + diesel VS 8km/L + gasoline

But in the long run, which will be more practical? Diesel is more expensive to maintain, plus Hyundai's lower resale value. When the time comes I decide to sell it to upgrade, the difference could be significant...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbites View Post

But in the long run, which will be more practical? Diesel is more expensive to maintain, plus Hyundai's lower resale value. When the time comes I decide to sell it to upgrade, the difference could be significant...
    I would say it depends how many kilometers do you do in a year, if you really use the car a lot then the Accent would be the good choice, but if its just a normal commuter car then the Vios might fit better.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hi guys! I'm a newbie here. For those who owned accent crdi sedan 2014 model here, please share your experiences about your ride (any pros and cons?). Do you think it's a good alternative choice for the hatchback model which is more expensive? Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbites View Post

The basic difference will all boil down to how soon you can burn off 4,000 liters of diesel or 8000 liters of petrol for the two variants, or about 60,000kms or about 4-5 years on average. At or beyond that number, economics begin to favor the Accent. Since most Pinoys hold on to their vehicles for quite a number of years beyond that, maybe 10-12, the Accent crdi would be the more prudent choice.

Factor in the more volatile pricing of petrol as compared to the relatively stable price of diesel being the "poor man's fuel", moving forward, the Accent begins to glimmer some more.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast