New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 261 of 479 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4790
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    For me, a big YES. Before I bought, I had a choice to buy a 2013 model which has all discs and ABS but instead I go for the 2014 which do not have all discs and ABS because of the reasons that maybe the still available 2013 model had the issues like stacking of clutch, suspension problems, etc. Before, nanghihinayang ako because this car doesn't have ABS, but when I used it and I feel very satisfied with the performance and handling, I have already forgotten this lack of ABS/all discs issues. I am very happy with my ride and I have no regrets in choosing this car. Again, just drive safe and everything will be okay.
    Same here. Medyo na disappoint lang ako sa una bago bumili, pero after driving okay naman sa akin ang importante, drive safely.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, deal breaker yan. Nothing is more important than safety, especially one that guarantees best braking performance in the worse of road conditions.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I think only a small percentage wouldn't buy it due to it lacking the 4 discs. I am seeing more of them nowadays compared to a month ago. The car speaks for itself.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    hi pips,
    im torn between the HB E M/T (808,00)
    and the HB E A/T (868,000)

sino mas matipid sa diesel? halos parehas lang ba?
    mas madali imaintain? halos parehas lang ba?

salamat po sa sasagot

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwin A. Loren View Post
    hi pips,
    im torn between the HB E M/T (808,00)
    and the HB E A/T (868,000)

sino mas matipid sa diesel? halos parehas lang ba?
    mas madali imaintain? halos parehas lang ba?

salamat po sa sasagot
    mas tipid m/t, lalo na 6-speed yun vs the a/t's 4-speed. however, if mostly within city ang gamit, hindi mo masyado mararamdaman yung fuel economy since sa highway lang talaga magagamit yung higher gears. also, with metro manila traffic, a/t definitely! haha

may additional maintenance yung a/t since aalagaan din yung transmission fluid, but overall maintenance should be generally the same.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think only a small percentage wouldn't buy it due to it lacking the 4 discs. I am seeing more of them nowadays compared to a month ago. The car speaks for itself.

+1. 90s cars are mostly drum rears, haven't really heard of drum-related accidents and failures. discs may be "better", but doesn't mean drums compromise safety.

Drum actually has a number of benefits too. c/o wiki:
    1- more economical to maintain. The only replacement part was usually the shoes at around $15/wheel instead of pads, rotors and calipers at $150/wheel
    2- lower frequency of maintenance. Drums didn't corrode unlike disks
    3- more environmentally friendly due to 1 and 2 and used shoes earned a return credit unlike pads and rotors so nothing was scrapped.
    4- safer since no surprises from wet brakes. Disk brakes are exposed to water
    5- self energizing resulting from a subtle design feature at no extra cost.
    6- Wheel cylinders were simple to recondition by the owner unlike calipers.
    7- Drums were lighter than disks, wheel cylinders much lighter than calipers
    8- less expensive to produce

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    There is more to it than the discs. That is why I can't figure what the big deal is with some about the discs + abs. I think it is because Hyundai changed the specs & increased the price. If they had sold it with drums before, people would not have whined about the so called safety features. Consider this, the Vios is an disc + drum set-up yet, it is the top seller of Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Mag ingat kasi mag drive. Kahit anong ABS pa yan kung kups mag drive recipe for accident talaga yan. Maski anong sasakyan pa gamit mo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    my 2 cents, i still prefer my car to have abs. i believe i am a pretty safe driver but abs has enabled me to take evasive action against idiot motorists who don't have any road decorum.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by trotsky View Post
    my 2 cents, i still prefer my car to have abs. i believe i am a pretty safe driver but abs has enabled me to take evasive action against idiot motorists who don't have any road decorum.
    I agree. An ABS equipped car is superior to that without. But question is, would you still buy this compact, efficient diesel car even without the ABS?

Hyundai ACCENT Hatch CRDI 1.6