New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    How old is your 2012 accent and how is it?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    ^up

my car is accent 1.4 A/T 2012, and lately ive been hearing this metallic knocking sounds underneath my car. it happens everytime after i drove my car for a longer distance and even on a shorter distance with no minimum running speed, you can hear the metallic knocking sounds whether the engine is on or off. Sometimes it is too loud you dont have to go out from the car you just have to roll the window down to hear it.

I've brought this already to my dealer and told me it was normal but i dont want to accept their answer so i refer it to another hyundai dealer. the second dealer made an adjustments on the muffler and catalytic something (sorry im not much of a car expert here) and even upgraded the CEU but to no avail and even adjusted my steering preload. BUT I'm still hearing it!! T_T

has anyone experience this? please let me know what to do.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Is engine knock problem still occuring with 2014 Accent AT model? thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is engine knock problem still occuring with 2014 Accent AT model? thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by creativeking View Post
    ^up

my car is accent 1.4 A/T 2012, and lately ive been hearing this metallic knocking sounds underneath my car. it happens everytime after i drove my car for a longer distance and even on a shorter distance with no minimum running speed, you can hear the metallic knocking sounds whether the engine is on or off. Sometimes it is too loud you dont have to go out from the car you just have to roll the window down to hear it.

I've brought this already to my dealer and told me it was normal but i dont want to accept their answer so i refer it to another hyundai dealer. the second dealer made an adjustments on the muffler and catalytic something (sorry im not much of a car expert here) and even upgraded the CEU but to no avail and even adjusted my steering preload. BUT I'm still hearing it!! T_T

has anyone experience this? please let me know what to do.
    like marbles falling onto a tin metal roof?
    engine knock!
    Last edited by dr. d; August 26th, 2015 at 02:24 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Is engine knock normal for a 3 year old car?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Hello mga sir sorry if dito ako mg post d pa kc ako pede gmwa ng bagong thread

mag tatanong lng sana ako if san mura mgpagawa ng ganitong damage? around pasig?

damages.jpg

Hows your 2012 accent?