New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

as i have always said.. minsan talaga nasa gumagamit yan...
    +100 paps. May mga Kia/Hyundai na less than a year mausok na din gaya ng 4d56 na luma.

Pero mas marami naman yung nakikita ko na Kia/Hyundai diesel na clean burn pa rin kahit biglang hataw.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    2010 Hyundai with 15K KM on it.. still runs great...no problem except the switch socket inside the door panel came loose and I couldn't roll up my window...but it was fixed after an hour...after that..no problem... so for me..reliable ang Hyundai.... I still love my hyundai....and I trust Korean cars to be reliable compared to before.. I Have a Kia, but the mileage is still low, but no problem so far.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

left

right

Yeah, that's a Ford Fiesta mags LOL ;) :D

My Accent broke its stud. During normal driving. Culprit? Excessive heat due to steel rims and hubcabs not effectively releasing heat thru small holes of the rims and slightly inferior metal of the studs. It melted then attached to the lugnuts, so when I was changing a flat tire, it came with the lugnut while being extricated.

That's the reason i resorted to changing it to an alloy wheels.
    before mags, there were steel rims with hubcaps. and never have i heard of stud failure caused by steel wheel overheat, even if it was caused by stuck brakes or worn bearings.. mebbe it was just plain defective wheel stud...
    btw, where's your pito cover?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Starex ng Tatay ko 90,000kms as of now, dati service nya ito from pampanga to ortigas every day for like 5 years no major problem encountered. Considering the various traffic conditions/situations from pamp. to ortigas especially sa EDSA na everyday nya dadaanan mapapaisip ka na talagang mapapagod ang sasakyan pro up to now although hindi na nya masyado ginagamit reliable pa rin sya. may recent out of town trip sila to baguio on the way up sabi ng pinsan chicken wings lang paakyat sa bagiou and wala daw usok whatsoever paakyat kya masasabi ko na reliable pa rin ang makina nito. from my experience naman once in a while ginagamit ko and ok parin ang response ng engine everytime hinahataw ko feel na feel ko parin ung hatak! (NLEX)...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    before mags, there were steel rims with hubcaps. and never have i heard of stud failure caused by steel wheel overheat, even if it was caused by stuck brakes or worn bearings.. mebbe it was just plain defective wheel stud...
    btw, where's your pito cover?
    We have two CRDi units.
    Mine and the other is for our company salesman

that white Accent also broke one of its stud. Although not quite as early as mine. It was already about a year when his stud gave up. My officemate also has an MY '09 CRDi unit. His stud broke too. Same as with ALL our horns, all 3 broke down as well. That's why we all have aftermarket FIAMMs na hahaha

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

left

right

Yeah, that's a Ford Fiesta mags LOL ;) :D

My Accent broke its stud. During normal driving. Culprit? Excessive heat due to steel rims and hubcabs not effectively releasing heat thru small holes of the rims and slightly inferior metal of the studs. It melted then attached to the lugnuts, so when I was changing a flat tire, it came with the lugnut while being extricated.

That's the reason i resorted to changing it to an alloy wheels.
    Over-torquing problem yan most likely sir. Nag-stretch yung stud kaya kumapit sa bolt. Maraming beses na nangyari sakin with other brands pag nasobrahan ng higpit yung turnilyo lalo na kung malakas yung kamay ng nagservice or gumamit ng extension sa wheel wrench. Mga sanay sa truck yung mga yun kaya nasisira ang turnilyo ng kotse.

Nakakabili po sa casa ng wheel stud/bolt set nyan, papalitan niyo na lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stagea View Post
    Over-torquing problem yan most likely sir. Nag-stretch yung stud kaya kumapit sa bolt. Maraming beses na nangyari sakin with other brands pag nasobrahan ng higpit yung turnilyo lalo na kung malakas yung kamay ng nagservice or gumamit ng extension sa wheel wrench. Mga sanay sa truck yung mga yun kaya nasisira ang turnilyo ng kotse.

Nakakabili po sa casa ng wheel stud/bolt set nyan, papalitan niyo na lang.
    sir pare-pareho from casa no mods have been made sa wheel tire combo ng lahat ng Accent namin, pare-pareho lang namin nalaman nung na-flat tire kami pare-parehong sumama mga studs nung tinatanggal yung flat tire. still dealer's fault if over torquing.

stud/bolt set mas mura sa fronte OEM, not fake kesa sa casa.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Our march 2010 tucson now has 34K on the odo. and yes it has had problems already which for me are a testament to korean quality still not up to par,Major problem was a aircon compressor that the casa said had a stuck up pulley, I say major because if it happens while your driving it will shut down your engine and lose all power to the steering and brakes making you a candidate for an accident waiting to happen especially on the highway. Hyundai should recall all their aircon compressors and replace them before anyone gets into an accident, and ours isn't an isolated one a friend of ours has a 2011 tucson which stranded him going up the kalayaan flyover I also read hear about a genesis coupe having the same issue. also our brake switch too malfunctioned making the tranny not shift to reverse or park, had it changed and the new one lasted for a day and was again replaced so I've run thru 2 brake switches already within 2years.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR5 View Post
    Our march 2010 tucson now has 34K on the odo. and yes it has had problems already which for me are a testament to korean quality still not up to par,Major problem was a aircon compressor that the casa said had a stuck up pulley, I say major because if it happens while your driving it will shut down your engine and lose all power to the steering and brakes making you a candidate for an accident waiting to happen especially on the highway. Hyundai should recall all their aircon compressors and replace them before anyone gets into an accident, and ours isn't an isolated one a friend of ours has a 2011 tucson which stranded him going up the kalayaan flyover I also read hear about a genesis coupe having the same issue. also our brake switch too malfunctioned making the tranny not shift to reverse or park, had it changed and the new one lasted for a day and was again replaced so I've run thru 2 brake switches already within 2years.
    serious problem you got there mate. i hope HARI could look inito this.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I have 3 Hyundai cars, my first one was an 05 crdi starex, still running strong until now, no major problems,sold it to my dad in law back in 2010 to get the GS. My GS is 10k old now and i haven't also encountered a major problem. Wish i could say the same for my 2011 a/t accent, in my first year of ownership, I've been having problems with engine knocking and incompetent after sales service from numerous dealerships, not to mention my aircon compressor, central locks and radio all broke down. Its all fixed now but still i went thru a year of hassle and stress.
    In my santa fe so far, i replaced the airbag spring module and cv joints, other than that everything seems ok (hopefully).

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast