New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hyundai Starex, 2011 with 12,000 on the odometer.

Suffered from prematurely worn brake pads (<10,000 KM) and a clogged aircon filter before one year.

Aside from the cost of maintenance and irritatingly short lifespan of the brake pads, so far so good. I'm hoping we won't need to use the 5 year warranty.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    My first Hyundai is also a Sta Fe. So far yung naging claim ko pa lang sa warranty was the brake light switch and aside from the regular pms wala akong other issues. Ilang bundok na inakyat nya at dagat na tinawid with full load pero no complaints. Yung pinakagusto ko yung hatak pag-nagfloor ka ng accelerator tsaka mas matipid pa sa gas sa 1.5E ko na city kasi halos parehas lang consumption at mas mura diesel.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My 1st Gen Tucson acquired 2007 nakarating ng visayas, North of Luzon, up to Baguio, several trips to Lucena & di na mabilang na Tagaytay sorties hanggang ngayon going strong pa rin. Kayang kaya makihabulan sa Montero non VGT (di pa nasubukan sa VGT eh). Warranty claim in the first & 2nd year of ownership ay aircon clutch assy & rack & pinion assy (all replaced by casa free of charge). Reliable?? of course yes. Nakakarating ako sa papuntahan ng walang problema. Now my 1.8GLS Elantra so far wala pa major complain except sa mis-aligned hood noong narelease ang unit pero pinalitan ang hinges & re-aligned at casa in my first 1K PMS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm the first owner of a manual tranny 2006 Starex GRX CRDI. It has logged over 211,000 km already.

I've had the timing chain changed twice (every 100,000 km), the front stabilizer links changed twice also, and have replaced some broken plastic parts like the outer sliding door handle and the coolant reservoir. Overall, its still a great ride. We take it up to Baguio once a month and use it for trips from Pangasinan to Manila regularly.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Paint scratches lang naging problema ko sa mga Hyundai namin

Ok seriously, sa Tucson ko, battery at brake switch palang pina-warranty claim ko. Checked the suspension of my Tucson, everything is fine, considering my driving habits. Now, the odo is 22290km. Parang brand new parin, actually mas matulin pa sa brand new :naughty2:

Yung Santa Fe, ito daig pa babaeng ginahasa, 4x,xxxkm na ang mileage eh mas bago pa yun sa iX ko. Hindi rin regular ang maintenance. Skipped 10,000km & 20,000km PMS. Ngayon pati 40,000km PMS nilagpasan din. Pero walang issues. Gusto ko lang i-claim sa warranty yung switch ng power retractable side mirror. Hindi naman yun related sa engine so there's no reason to void that part. Stock nga lahat. Good thing is, ang tipid parin. Mas matipid pa 'to sa iX ko kahit sa EDSA araw-araw.
    :hysterical:

--

BTW, yung Santa Fe ng friend ko was a victim of Ondoy... Hyundai did several repairs of this & that but never replaced the whole car. Although the car was still brand spanking new at that time, mga 2 weeks old palang [ouch, 'no..] 'til now, together with his Starex... are both running strong. And he's enjoying every bit of time he's with his SF. Dala niya lang Starex if maraming sakay. Hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005

left

right

Yeah, that's a Ford Fiesta mags LOL ;) :D

My Accent broke its stud. During normal driving. Culprit? Excessive heat due to steel rims and hubcabs not effectively releasing heat thru small holes of the rims and slightly inferior metal of the studs. It melted then attached to the lugnuts, so when I was changing a flat tire, it came with the lugnut while being extricated.

That's the reason i resorted to changing it to an alloy wheels.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    hehe. elentra to :rofl:
    ewan ko kung totou ito. peru kung totou ito. AYUS

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    pina lowered nya hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Hyundai Starex, 2011 with 12,000 on the odometer.

Suffered from prematurely worn brake pads (<10,000 KM) and a clogged aircon filter before one year.

Aside from the cost of maintenance and irritatingly short lifespan of the brake pads, so far so good. I'm hoping we won't need to use the 5 year warranty.
    those are consumable parts naman... kung wala naman major or minor break down.. means reliable talaga...

as i have always said.. minsan talaga nasa gumagamit yan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    youll never know until you own one.

tucson crdi is reliable

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast