New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    How's your Hyundai?! Just how reliable are the modern hyundais? Lets Face it, Hyundai has been suffering from a branding stigma that "hyundais are not reliable but its cheap"..... The kind of stigma that they are trying to shake off to date.. My Santa Fe was my first hyundai or korean car for that matter, and its not cheap... I bought it during the height of popularity of the toyota fortuner and the debut of the 3rd gen CRV which was both cheaper then by a few hundred K's than my santa fe.... I had my sights on the fortuner but had second thoughts after riding one... had put a reservation on the CRV, because my previous ride was a honda and simply had no complaints whatsoever with it. But again hesitant because a friend who got one ahead of me complains gas guzzling.... This made me consider my present ride, the CRDi Santa Fe.... My ride at the time(no bragging intended) was an e36 318i an isuzu pickup and ford ranger pinatubo. My Family also owns different japanese and european cars so why a hyundai?

Because at the time the sales rep at the showrooms is of no help why this thing is more expensive than its target competition, the internet answered my questions. So I gambled... Bought it and brought it home, still thinking if I made the right decision.. 5 years and 140K km later.... Im glad I bought this.... Through the years I learned more about this car and the company... I know now why its more expensive... the technology and materials used in producing this car is better than its competitors class equivalent. So Is it reliable? Hell yeah!! My ford and our toyota had more problems during its course of ownership.... I just hope that hyundai continue producing quality cars and HARI continue to improve their service... a big part of having satisfying ownership of a car is having a problem free after sales service.....
    Last edited by TFR; June 21st, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Reliable. It runs. But I broke my worn on 6th month, it honks by itself til the horn exploded. broke 2 studs on my spindle. one on each side upfront. AC filter had to be replace at 33tkms for it to blow cold 'air'(it's cool but got no air prior). Still, a solid car. 2011 Accent CRDi. Still runs like new and still spanks newer cars. ;)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I've had a 2011 1.4L A/T Hyundai Accent, so far ok naman, minor problems lang naman ang na encounter namin. Like central lock problem which already been fixed. No engine knocking issues. All in all it runs OK.Nagtataka ako bakit yun ibang car companies 3 years warranty lang?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    alam mo ba kung bkit 5 years warranty?

para limang taon ka din nakagapos sa service nila. diba magandang marketing yun para sa loob ng 5 taon sa kanila ka lang magpapaservice kung ayaw mo ma void warranty?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    alam mo ba kung bkit 5 years warranty?

para limang taon ka din nakagapos sa service nila. diba magandang marketing yun para sa loob ng 5 taon sa kanila ka lang magpapaservice kung ayaw mo ma void warranty?
    Tama! ganun na nga.....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hahaha! 'one miss you die' pa naman ang Hyundai casas. BS! parang nangyari sa Accent ko, hindi ako nagpa change oil kaya kung masira, bahala ako. sa loob loob ko lang, as if makakalikot ng tao sa labas busina ko sa pag change oil. mga kup*lo!ds!! :D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hyundai tucson 2009 A/T

baha sa manila juan luna -> no problem
    baha sa c5 libis malapit sa red ribbon (during ondoy) -> no problem....nakapag uturn p ako dun s gitnang island ng flyover dahil s trapik dahil sa sobrang baha sa may tiendesitas
    baha sa marcos highway at lubak n daan -> no problem
    baha sa SLEX -> no problem

anu pa kaya? :-p

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    our 2009 hyundai getz has logged more than 20T km already and still okay

no major repairs (including the time when it was hit at the back) yet except the regular PMS

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    We should also understand that warranty is a double-edged blade. For most of us car enthusiasts, it's often cited as a liability as it limits our modifications. But think about the majority 90% owners who doesn't modify their cars and simply want ease of mind? Take my younger sister for example kahit wheel alignment sa CASA ginagawa. It's not because hindi siya marunong maghanap ng wheel aligner sa Banawe but it's more of the "trust" issue. Can I trust this firm to do the alignment properly? What if lokohin ako nito? There's always the security fulfillment of knowing somebody is trained and authorized to tinker with your vehicle.

Never naman kami nagalala sa reliability. Most of our cars (80%) are Toyotas and Hondas. Both are still ass-kicking like our 150,000km second-gen CRV and my mother's Altis. Although my mom's Altis is showing signs of wear na like how her window fell off while I was retracting it pero given na yun knowing how banged-up ANY car will be under my mom's abuse (think na maskawawa pa yun kotse kaysa sa mga taxis) some poor habits consists of skipping PMS at completely-walang-paki-sa-kotse. In fact, because it's still in running condition right now.. I'm an avid Toyota believer.

As for my Hyundai. No problems so far with 11,000km on the odo.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Paint scratches lang naging problema ko sa mga Hyundai namin

Ok seriously, sa Tucson ko, battery at brake switch palang pina-warranty claim ko. Checked the suspension of my Tucson, everything is fine, considering my driving habits. Now, the odo is 22290km. Parang brand new parin, actually mas matulin pa sa brand new :naughty2:

Yung Santa Fe, ito daig pa babaeng ginahasa, 4x,xxxkm na ang mileage eh mas bago pa yun sa iX ko. Hindi rin regular ang maintenance. Skipped 10,000km & 20,000km PMS. Ngayon pati 40,000km PMS nilagpasan din. Pero walang issues. Gusto ko lang i-claim sa warranty yung switch ng power retractable side mirror. Hindi naman yun related sa engine so there's no reason to void that part. Stock nga lahat. Good thing is, ang tipid parin. Mas matipid pa 'to sa iX ko kahit sa EDSA araw-araw.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast