New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *weisshorn.. Yung tucson mo ba previous gen? Feeling ko yung GETZ, 2nd SF,and Previous TUCSON, yan ang panahon na nagpapasikat pa lang si HYUNDAI kaya matibay... So far sa mga nababasa ko, walang issue sa mga models na eto..

Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    my 5yr old 1st gen tucson for the past 3 yrs. walang pinalitan other than items included in my regular diy pms. yes apat ng tyres napalitan, pero more on wear * tear than reliability issue.

- - - Updated - - -

my 5yr old 1st gen tucson for the past 3 yrs. walang pinalitan other than items included in my regular diy pms. yes apat ng tyres napalitan, pero more on wear * tear than reliability issue.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Siyempre yan ang top of the line variant ng KDM units. May mas mauuna pala magkaroon ng Gen. 3 SF dito kesa doon sa bibili pa lang sa March.

BTT: No major problems with my dad's Sonata. Papatingin ko lang yung fuel tank cover kasi hindi bumubukas kapag pinipindot yung fuel tank opener, kailangan pang may susundutin sa loob habang pipindot yung button.
    ganun din sa GC ko...once in awhile ayaw mag bukas..nasa alignment lang daw yun and stronger springs.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nangyari na rin sa akin yan, dun sa dating SF ko, may nilinis lang at ok na uli.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    *weisshorn.. Yung tucson mo ba previous gen? Feeling ko yung GETZ, 2nd SF,and Previous TUCSON, yan ang panahon na nagpapasikat pa lang si HYUNDAI kaya matibay... So far sa mga nababasa ko, walang issue sa mga models na eto..
    yes sir 1st gen. acquired 2007.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, apparently an Elantra can withstand the conditions whenever a zombie apocalypse takes place. So it must be hella reliable... :rofl01:

c/o speedlab

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Tried once to own a brand new 2005 Hyundai Getz, first few months of ownership, I already felt something wrong with the under chassis, brought it to Hyundai Pampanga and replaced a damaged engine support, after a year, another engine support showed signs of failure again, and both incidents were repaired and replaced by HARI under warranty. On the fourth year, my engine drive shaft end oil seal was leaking and a faulty cv joint. In the fifth year, already felt that my rack and pinion has a backlash and another symptoms of engine support problem is starting to recur, never had a chance to have it repaired, I already sell my Getz then. Although this is a low end car from Hyundai, I was not expecting then to have a minor problems, if you would call them minor ones, from four to five years of owning of a brand new car, I was expecting that I will have a trouble free car in the early stages of owning it. In fairness to hyundai getz, the engine is tough though, it never broke down in long trips but unusual noise under the chassis annoys me. I am just comparing it with my former Toyota and honda units which I also acquired as brand new in the past, no problem for having it in five years, just pure PMS and consumable replacement. Do I intend to purchase a hyundai car in the future? maybe yes, maybe not, it depends on what will I read in this forum and what will i hear from my known friends who own a hyundai car too..... It's just me though....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sad to hear that your Getz had problems.. Pareho tayo ng model ng Getz, 2005. Mine has A/T with 1.3 engine... Considered it as a tank kasi wala akong naging problema.. Sold it already...

Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    Tried once to own a brand new 2005 Hyundai Getz, first few months of ownership, I already felt something wrong with the under chassis, brought it to Hyundai Pampanga and replaced a damaged engine support, after a year, another engine support showed signs of failure again, and both incidents were repaired and replaced by HARI under warranty. On the fourth year, my engine drive shaft end oil seal was leaking and a faulty cv joint. In the fifth year, already felt that my rack and pinion has a backlash and another symptoms of engine support problem is starting to recur, never had a chance to have it repaired, I already sell my Getz then. Although this is a low end car from Hyundai, I was not expecting then to have a minor problems, if you would call them minor ones, from four to five years of owning of a brand new car, I was expecting that I will have a trouble free car in the early stages of owning it. In fairness to hyundai getz, the engine is tough though, it never broke down in long trips but unusual noise under the chassis annoys me. I am just comparing it with my former Toyota and honda units which I also acquired as brand new in the past, no problem for having it in five years, just pure PMS and consumable replacement. Do I intend to purchase a hyundai car in the future? maybe yes, maybe not, it depends on what will I read in this forum and what will i hear from my known friends who own a hyundai car too..... It's just me though....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just an update.....

I bought my 2006 Hyundai Sonata (235hp/ 3.3L) V6 back in July 2005. It's now August 2014. The car has 155,000 miles (almost 250,000 km) on the odometer. It has a small dent at the right rear passenger door where a grocery cart hit it. It also suffered extensive frontal damage after I hit a deer one foggy night in 2011. The car was repaired. It feels pretty solid like new.

So far, I've had to replace the strut covers, tail/brake light bulbs, and the acceleration pedal actuator. I had to replace the latter back in 2012 because I'm very abusive with driving the car. Going to the freeway, I'm already past the speed limit halfway up the merging ramp. So, it's no surprise.

Other than those, the car is fine. I'm still abusive with driving it. That Lambda 3.3L V6 is very sturdy. Hyundai has it up to 293hp which is now the Azera engine.

The car endured six years of harsh winter weather here. It's actually a very good winter driver for a FWD car which is why there's so many 2006-2010 Sonatas here (New York). The Sonata's ESC works very well even without traction control.

My wife wants to trade it in for another van (Toyota Sienna). But, I told her I'll stick with the Sonata because there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the car, especially the engine and transmission.

Back in 2006:

2006hsv61152.jpg
    snow-mar-30-2014-1.jpg
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 1st, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    So far ok naman mga Starex at naging Starex namin before, I find it more reliable than the L300's we had way back. Pero pinaka matibay pa rin na van for me was our 95 Toyota Hiace commuter, in the 10 years that we had it A/C cooling coil lang ang nasira on the 7th year, it was just regular PMS. I'd buy another Hiace sana kaso safety comes first, I've become wary of those flat nosed van in the event of a collision.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wala akong naging problema sa aming Gen3 Starex, until I sold it after 5 years of use (2005-2010) and about 56KKm....

So far, walang ring problema sa aming GS, which I bought 2010...

Pero,- pareho ko silang napa-limp mode (with the "check engine" light turned on), after hard driving on separate inclines,- the Gen3 in Baguio, along Marcos Hiway, and GS in the Talisay-Tagaytay Road. After those incidents,- parang walang nangyari sa kanila,- encountered no problem on the rides....

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.9K:thud:

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast