New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    unleaded lang ikinakarga ko sa Eon ko.
    sorry for the late reply. thanks for this helpful info. right now im using other brands of gas and checking km/l usage everytime i gas up for 1k

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    even with my Hyundai Getz, i get the most mileage from Total Excellium. I get not so good mileage from Petron Unleaded, Petron XCS, Shell Unleaded and Shell Nitro +. Caltex is ok, pero di maganda ang response sa engine.

same with my Altis. However, sa Lovelife ko, i get the best performance out of Petron XCS.

Kay TS: try mo muna lahat (experimental mode). What ever suits you, dun ka na mag stick. Iba-iba kasi ang experience natin dyan sa mga yan eh.
    thanks for this helpful info. sorry for the very late replies

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the Eon, so bear with my questions.
    - How does the "shifting recommendation" on the gauge cluster work? At what rpm do you shift per gear?
    - 4 bars is roughly about half the 32L tank, right?

I'm one with the folks here in saying that you need to fill your tank to get a better computation of the actual fuel consumption. And it will take multiple tanks to get an accurate figure, not to mention some breaking in to get a better figure. So don't fret just yet.

Also, usually the higher end fuels provide slightly better response, such that you don't wring the engine as much, and you actually get slightly better fuel consumption figures.
    hi sorry for the late reply. since there is no rpm gauge on the eon, im not sure what rpm i am shifting.
    yes, 4 bars is half of 32l.

i will try to use higher level octane in the future. thanks for your response sir :-)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try this method using speed as your shift reference.

0-15 kph = 1 gear
    15-30 kph = 2 gear
    30-45 kph = 3 gear
    45 up = 4 gear
    beyond = 5 gear

If you find the engine stalling, you can adjust accordingly by downshifting to the next lower gear.

I know, it will take some practice. But you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispi View Post
    Hi, I just got my eon last week (Oct 21, 2014) Upon gasing up for the first time which is 1k Fuel Save SHELL. I got only 6.7km/l city driving. (from 4 bars down to 1 bar blinking) I follow the shifting recommendation on the gauge cluster. Is this normal Eon owners? Hope you can help us out here.
    4bar sa 1000 pesos na gas?
    Baka po 500 lang nilagay.

Kasi nagkarga ako ng 700 almost 6bar na.

Around 14km / liter ka po.
    Kasi yan din ang consume ko ngayon city and highway. 2weeks old eon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi sorry for the late reply. since there is no rpm gauge on the eon, im not sure what rpm i am shifting.

i will try to use higher level octane in the future. thanks for your response sir :-)
    pag walang tach, the best way to shift is based on engine sound.... mararamdaman mo yun kung sagad na.
    or instal an aftermarket tach.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pag walang tach, the best way to shift is based on engine sound.... mararamdaman mo yun kung sagad na.
    or instal an aftermarket tach.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Engine sound and gear indicator malapit sa odometer pwd mag base ng tamang gear at maka tipid sa gas.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    my dealer's advice,mag unleaded lang,..unless kung ang pupuntahan mo eh baguio or likes,na sobrang pataas,.kailangan mo na mag premium.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    4bar sa 1000 pesos na gas?
    Baka po 500 lang nilagay.

Kasi nagkarga ako ng 700 almost 6bar na.

Around 14km / liter ka po.
    Kasi yan din ang consume ko ngayon city and highway. 2weeks old eon.
    4 bars din po sakin pag 500 pesos,= to 13.5 liter.
    sabi ni dealer,ang 20kp/l is kung long straight road.makukuha mo sya nang 20kp/l..pero kung city driver mga nasa 15kp/l.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do note, gas was more expensive in 2014.

-

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Disapointment with our new Hyundai Eon on Fuel Consumption.