New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    5-year warranty is just a mere marketing strategy of a Car Dealership. You are Hooked to them for 5 - year PMS and with overcharged expenses...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ayos bro. ha? Parang Shangri-la...

Taga-Honda ka ba?....

14.7K:cow:
    No, i'm not connected with Honda.
    Just sharing my experience with their warranty claim.
    If you're in doubt, we could go to Honda Kalookan and check my unit's service history.
    Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not bashing any brand.
    I'm just telling that all manufacturers have their share of factory defects like what the TS has posted.
    It's just some manufacturers/dealers have better customer service.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Thanks for the response bro. I guess that you're one lucky guy...

Mahirap mag-claim ng warranty, especially if the cost is that much....

Well, Honda Kalookan is Yuchengco, right?... Dito kami sa south, so Ayala...

Based on my limited experience with Honda vehicles,- I have not (yet) claimed warranty....

(With Hyundai - yes; With Toyota and Nissan - no)

14.8K:fone:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    no problem bro.
    di ko lang sure kung under yuchengco yun honda kalookan.
    baka swerte lang nga ako with my dealer, they provide good service.
    even I never thought that a dealer would be willing to replace such parts that would cost that much, but they did.
    lately i noticed na may few public announcements ang honda ng recall of defective parts.
    good thing lang na they make such initiative, free labor and replacement of parts kahit na yun iba out of warranty na.
    unlike with other manufacturers, marami ng reported factory defects eh denial pa.
    now that I have a Toyota Grandia, this concerns me since meron reported D4D problem.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've had my own bad experiences with Honda Alabang... but in terms of claiming for damages or defects, they're pretty decent.

-

If you're considering not buying a Hyundai because of these issues... then consider that all manufacturers have theses issues when it comes down to the dealer level. Sometimes, it's down to who you know and how you talk to them, as to whether defects get fixed or not.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're considering not buying a Hyundai because of these issues... then consider that all manufacturers have theses issues when it comes down to the dealer level. Sometimes, it's down to who you know and how you talk to them, as to whether defects get fixed or not.
    Totally agree with this.
    All manufacturers have their share of defects.
    It boils down to their dealers, issues management and customer service.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    *vinj
    We just have to face the fact that we live in the Philippines, where anarchy rules the streets and many businesses out to make a quick buck on everyone. If they make a massive recall for sure they would incur losses. Their motto is "complain before replace" hehehe. At least honda had the decency to replace a defective part....which can't be said of hyundai/hari.
    When it comes to out of warranty replacement parts. HARI will gladly replace it....for a fee of course.
    That's the sad truth indeed. We don't have the consumer laws and the agencies with enough bite unlike in the US and Europe. I feel for your dilemma with the Accent (i was actually thinking of getting one... very good price eh); going in for regular service with all our busy schedules nowadays is already enough, what the more for having to go in and out for unscheduled repairs and defects.

OT: I still see the old Everest running around Manila even out in the province. Mukhang gamit na gamit siya with the current owner ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's the sad truth indeed. We don't have the consumer laws and the agencies with enough bite unlike in the US and Europe. I feel for your dilemma with the Accent (i was actually thinking of getting one... very good price eh); going in for regular service with all our busy schedules nowadays is already enough, what the more for having to go in and out for unscheduled repairs and defects.

OT: I still see the old Everest running around Manila even out in the province. Mukhang gamit na gamit siya with the current owner ;)
    O.T. Naalala mo parin siya? Hehehe. I also saw it a few months ago. Still had the rims i put on it when it was still with me. Kaso parang laspag gumamit yung new owner. Brakes are very noisy na.

The last few trips in and out sa casa pinapadala ko nalang sa driver ko. I dont want to waste anymore of my time languishing in the dealers customer lounge doing nothing. Right now pinakargahan ko na ng shell v power.this is the fuel usually recommended by tsikoteers here and sa casa. If the knocking still persist, i would pursue a refund na. Mahaba ang patience ko. but going in and out of casa to fix the same problem for the last 8 months would really test anyones patience.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mukhang swerte ako at kahit paano FOC yung shock mount ng 09 gen 1 tucs ko sa hyundai LP though at first they want to charge me pero sabi ko i need reason kung bakit nasira yung shock mount bahay school palengke lang gamit ng wife ko then after almost 2 hrs i was informed nagawan nila ng paraan sa HARI para ma waive yung charges...ask ko SA going 3yrs pa lang yan how much more yng 5yrs warranty ang sagot eh may sariling extended warrant booklet yung extended warranty, doon daw sila mag base kung ano ang i honor especially for replacement BUT the hyundai MUST be religiously service by the casa for the entire period to avail such EXTENDED WARRANTY of 5 years...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    mukhang swerte ako at kahit paano FOC yung shock mount ng 09 gen 1 tucs ko sa hyundai LP though at first they want to charge me pero sabi ko i need reason kung bakit nasira yung shock mount bahay school palengke lang gamit ng wife ko then after almost 2 hrs i was informed nagawan nila ng paraan sa HARI para ma waive yung charges...ask ko SA going 3yrs pa lang yan how much more yng 5yrs warranty ang sagot eh may sariling extended warrant booklet yung extended warranty, doon daw sila mag base kung ano ang i honor especially for replacement BUT the hyundai MUST be religiously service by the casa for the entire period to avail such EXTENDED WARRANTY of 5 years...
    Yes kailangan talaga you religiously follow the PMS schedule otherwise... forget it.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
BEWARE: HYUNDAI's USELESS 5-YEAR warranty!! [MERGED]