New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    This threads title is really true, I experienced this with my 2010 tucson, the 3 year warranty was upto april 2013 and now I am on extended warranty, the problem is my aircon sprang a small leak from one of the crimps in the hose as per the casas diagnosis and the extendedwarranty booklet specifically states that all hoses of the airconditioning unit is not included in the extended warranty, I assume this hoses to at least last for more than just 3 years heck my other 13 year old car has all the original hoses intact. This extended warranty is really nothing but a marketing gimik to convince people that their product is superior, why can they offer much longer warranties in the U.S. and not here.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR5 View Post
    This threads title is really true, I experienced this with my 2010 tucson, the 3 year warranty was upto april 2013 and now I am on extended warranty, the problem is my aircon sprang a small leak from one of the crimps in the hose as per the casas diagnosis and the extendedwarranty booklet specifically states that all hoses of the airconditioning unit is not included in the extended warranty, I assume this hoses to at least last for more than just 3 years heck my other 13 year old car has all the original hoses intact. This extended warranty is really nothing but a marketing gimik to convince people that their product is superior, why can they offer much longer warranties in the U.S. and not here.
    this is why there are 2 sets of warranty booklet which means 3+2 = 5 but if you will read the contents of each manual the extended warranty will only cover the drivetrains not a bumper to bumper coverage as expected by the owner or potential buyer

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    That is why I could not recommend to buy a hyundai, most of my friends would ask how it is to own one, meaning my ownership experience. And I would say better get a japanese car if you don't know much about car repair/shops and spare parts availability outside of the casa. From my experience, I had less trouble with my jap cars than with my hyundai. My only consolation with my hyundai is the parts are cheaper when I get them from Goodgear,Pasay.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    1st Gen tucson, is still within 5 year warranty period. Aircon magnetic clutch failed and is stalling the vehicle. Out of warranty na raw ang compressor?? To think this failure has put the life of the owner in danger..To add insult to injury, there is a MORON of an SA working in Hyundai Abad Santos..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    1st Gen tucson, is still within 5 year warranty period. Aircon magnetic clutch failed and is stalling the vehicle. Out of warranty na raw ang compressor?? To think this failure has put the life of the owner in danger..To add insult to injury, there is a MORON of an SA working in Hyundai Abad Santos..
    Had the same issue too and as usual repairs lng. Out of warranty na sakin, kaya i bought a new after market aircon. Problem with claiming warranty is you need to be friends with the CASA lols. Puro planta magdecide gang gang marealize mo di lng naman ikaw client nila. Starting 60k km, bearing na then magnetic clutch puro compressor related puro repair then suddenly bumigay na lng. Sakit ang ulo ang aircon kaya khit mejo mahal i bought a new compressor na lng.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Kailangan talaga magbasa muna bago bumili. Ang lakas makabola ng hyundai.

Yung 5year warranty = 3+2 pala. hahahaahhahah

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ganyan din sa Chev. 3 years sa car plus 2 years sa powertrain. Not 5 years on the car.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Just got my 2015 Grand Starex Gold CRDI VGT (10S) AT last 31 January 2015 and had my first PMS (1000 km change oil) last 07 February. Yes I reached 1000 plus kilometers in 1 week because my unit was delivered to my hotel in Pasay last 31 January and I drove it all the way to Ormoc City reaching 925 kilometers.

Being a greenhorn with the new GS, I brought my car to Hyundai Tacloban which is more than 100 km away from Ormoc for the change oil, the tinting and seat cover which were not pre installed since my unit was delivered to me straight from their Batangas plant (apparently the 2015 GS model is not yet available in their provincial dealers). When I was shown my bill I was shocked to learn that I will be paying P6300 for the change oil, and labor is supposed to be free. I can have my oil changed at a decent shop outside for much lower price. I was told by Hyundai Tacloban that I need to have my oil changed at a Hyundai dealer so that my warranty won't become void.

Now after reading this thread, I feel like a mutt.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    kayo naman 100,000 kilometers or 3 years whichever comes first sa lahat ng brand, yan ang standard warranty depende na sa inyo kung mag-avail kayo ng extended warranty sa akin kasi tinanong kung gusto kong mag-avail tinanggihan ko na lang hindi naman basta-basta nasisira ang makina. Hindi lahat ng sabihin ng casa oo lang kayo ng oo minsan kelangan nyo din ipakita ang pangil nyo.

iba-ibang delaership, iba-iba din ang charge. yung 6,300 mura na yan laki kasi ng oil tank niyang GS. subukan mo kayang mag chevrolet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

kayo naman 100,000 kilometers or 3 years whichever comes first sa lahat ng brand, yan ang standard warranty depende na sa inyo kung mag-avail kayo ng extended warranty sa akin kasi tinanong kung gusto kong mag-avail tinanggihan ko na lang hindi naman basta-basta nasisira ang makina. Hindi lahat ng sabihin ng casa oo lang kayo ng oo minsan kelangan nyo din ipakita ang pangil nyo.

iba-ibang delaership, iba-iba din ang charge. yung 6,300 mura na yan laki kasi ng oil tank niyang GS. subukan mo kayang mag chevrolet.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird95 View Post
    Just got my 2015 Grand Starex Gold CRDI VGT (10S) AT last 31 January 2015 and had my first PMS (1000 km change oil) last 07 February. Yes I reached 1000 plus kilometers in 1 week because my unit was delivered to my hotel in Pasay last 31 January and I drove it all the way to Ormoc City reaching 925 kilometers.

Being a greenhorn with the new GS, I brought my car to Hyundai Tacloban which is more than 100 km away from Ormoc for the change oil, the tinting and seat cover which were not pre installed since my unit was delivered to me straight from their Batangas plant (apparently the 2015 GS model is not yet available in their provincial dealers). When I was shown my bill I was shocked to learn that I will be paying P6300 for the change oil, and labor is supposed to be free. I can have my oil changed at a decent shop outside for much lower price. I was told by Hyundai Tacloban that I need to have my oil changed at a Hyundai dealer so that my warranty won't become void.

Now after reading this thread, I feel like a mutt.
    Mura na yan. Lalo kung fully synthetic gamit mo. 7.4 ℓ capacity ng engine oil ng GS

BEWARE: HYUNDAI's USELESS 5-YEAR warranty!! [MERGED]