New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    That should be the standard, "quality service", not "alibi service"!

At First, I admired their 5-yrs waranty. But I came to realize the 5-yrs waranty is useless if they have a good product.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brf View Post
    Not for Honda based from my experience.
    I'm hands-down when it comes to warranty claim with Honda.
    I had a Honda civic 2008 1.8s, they replaced 2 headlights due to small moist (around size of 50 cent) , engine support, 2 front shocks, stabilizer links, auto tensioner before it turned 3 yrs.
    Cost of all the replacement was roughly P100k, didn't cost me even a centavo.
    I just had my unit inspected and they initiated the claim without me asking for a claim.
    I sold my unit and replaced it with a Toyota Grandia, now I miss the quality service of Honda.
    Even after I sold my Honda Civic, i received a call from Honda advising me to tell the new owner to bring the unit cos they want to inspect the rear shocks and claim for warranty if needed.
    That's quality service.

Ayos bro. ha? Parang Shangri-la...

Taga-Honda ka ba?....

14.7K:cow:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brf

Not for Honda based from my experience.
    I'm hands-down when it comes to warranty claim with Honda.
    I had a Honda civic 2008 1.8s, they replaced 2 headlights due to small moist (around size of 50 cent) , engine support, 2 front shocks, stabilizer links, auto tensioner before it turned 3 yrs.
    Cost of all the replacement was roughly P100k, didn't cost me even a centavo.
    I just had my unit inspected and they initiated the claim without me asking for a claim.
    I sold my unit and replaced it with a Toyota Grandia, now I miss the quality service of Honda.
    Even after I sold my Honda Civic, i received a call from Honda advising me to tell the new owner to bring the unit cos they want to inspect the rear shocks and claim for warranty if needed.
    That's quality service.
    Factory defect Kasi lahat yan ng FD eh kaya kailan nila palitan, if your beloved Honda is really dependable and sincere dapat palitan nila lahat ng factory defects Kahit out of warranty na mga saksakyan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Warranty doesn't cover "wear" items. A bocked or dirty EGR will never be covered under warranty... because it got dirty due to use.

The windshield, if there's a defect on the glass that's noticeable as "orange peel", may be a warranty-coverable item, but you have to fight for it. If the ripples are due to the tint, no coverage. If they're due to the safety lamination failing, then that should be replaced under warranty.
    How about my 6 month old Accent then (one of the last CRDi units)??? Which mysteriously started honking by itself??? Apparently, Hyundai doesn't implement its 5 year warranty if your car isn't casa maintained. Btw, at the time my car was still bonestock. Even the failing horns. Another, we just found out, because we gave our office agent another Hyundai Accent CRDi, his car is casa maintained at Hyundai Commonwealth up until 30tkms, at 35tkms PMS he failed to have it done at the casa, now at 38tkms, he's complaining a rather loud turbo whine. But since he missed the 35tkms PMS, it's goodbye to their 5 year warranty. They didn't even touched the vehicle.

These 2 Accents, are our first and last Hyundais.

So go ahead and buy more Hyundais, so that Toyota and Honda would one day lower their prices
    Especially Toyotas, we never really had issues from Vios, Altis, Innova and Camry. Solid cars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Factory defect Kasi lahat yan ng FD eh kaya kailan nila palitan, if your beloved Honda is really dependable and sincere dapat palitan nila lahat ng factory defects Kahit out of warranty na mga saksakyan
    Haha. Just like the second hand ES Civic i bought before. I personally knew the previous owner and he always had it serviced at Honda Shaw and it was already out of warranty. I was driving to Baguio one late night and the engine just died on me right after the lions head on Kennon (and eerily, next to the hairpin with a cross). I restarted the car, drove a few meters and it would die again even if you were keeping the revs high. When it was brought to Honda Marikina to be looked at, we just explained the problem and Honda immediately said that its a defective TDC sensor and they'll replace it free of charge. You'd think it's good of them to replace it even if the car is out of warranty but why the hell will they only tell you that when you complain of the problem? Searched the net and it was quite common and that is a real safety issue as the car would just shut off even if you were running at speed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *vinj
    We just have to face the fact that we live in the Philippines, where anarchy rules the streets and many businesses out to make a quick buck on everyone. If they make a massive recall for sure they would incur losses. Their motto is "complain before replace" hehehe. At least honda had the decency to replace a defective part....which can't be said of hyundai/hari.
    When it comes to out of warranty replacement parts. HARI will gladly replace it....for a fee of course.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I agree.

Mabilis kapag may bayad na like out of warranty ang units or during insurance claim na babayrang ng insurance ang mga nasira or na damage na parts - angbilis ng arrival ng parts. he he.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TS,

Thanks for posting this information. Very helpful for me who is currently considering to buy a Tucson Theta 2 MT.

Isa sa selling point sa akin if Hyundai is 5 year Warranty..... but seems pahirapan.

Seems talagang dapat ko na siguro alisin sa list ko ang Hyundai Tucson. Sayang Ganda pa naman ng porma ng labas at loob. But again, I am getting a new ride because I dont like problems.

Currently, my drive is a 2003 Isuzu Crosswinds XUV (Did not experience to Claim any Warranty) so far, 9 years na wala pa major na sira. Nagsimula lang masira after 8 Years at 120,000.00km total cost to date of minor parts replaced less than PhP 40k lang.

Current 2012 Isuzu Crosswinds XUV or Sprotivo ..... over over over price... i am looking for alternatives. I guess i really have to say out na ako sa Hyundai Tucson.

:-)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Ako me honda saka hyundai. Malayo pa rin sa after sales support yung Hyundai as compared sa Honda. Wala pang piyesa. Lately nasira battery ng Hyundai ko, still warranty pa. Called them pero walang stock kaya napabili ako ng ibang battery brand. I claimed for replacement, ilang weeks na wala pang tawag. Anu pa kaya kung major parts na? I llove my Hyundai sana lang di masira. I also have horrible experiences with Honda service, but for parts availability and follow up Hyundai can still improve a lot and learn from other casas.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aloy View Post
    Ako me honda saka hyundai. Malayo pa rin sa after sales support yung Hyundai as compared sa Honda. Wala pang piyesa. Lately nasira battery ng Hyundai ko, still warranty pa. Called them pero walang stock kaya napabili ako ng ibang battery brand. I claimed for replacement, ilang weeks na wala pang tawag. Anu pa kaya kung major parts na? I llove my Hyundai sana lang di masira. I also have horrible experiences with Honda service, but for parts availability and follow up Hyundai can still improve a lot and learn from other casas.
    Well I have a honda and hyundai. Service wise, wala akong naging problema w/ Both Hyundai & Honda Casas. Although totoo nga na sa parts replacement, talagang sablay si Hyundai...

Pero si honda rin, may mga kapalpakan din sila. Like what they did to my sister's GE... Sino pong mag-aakalang gawang honda casa ito.

We bought an original Mugen Spoiler, tapos pina-install namin sa CASA. Eh discompyado kami sa kalidad, kasi both the service manager and mismong nagtrabaho do have different arguments when we try to scrutinize them about the process...

But I do still saluted them kasi, in two weeks time, they replace the whole tailgate. But we had the spoiler installed to another shop na...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
BEWARE: HYUNDAI's USELESS 5-YEAR warranty!! [MERGED]