New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lantraluvr1 View Post
    So what mods do you have for your Elantras. I have some, most notably a 2.0L Beta engine swap, Lightweight Flywheel, and Coilovers (that are being repaired at Cruven right now), as well as a few audio mods. Haven't clocked it at a dragstrip. Future mods planned when budget allows is a Disco Potato turbo setup, with planned WHP around 200, stock internals.

How about you guys?

all stock sir...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2.0L with a lightweight flywheel... hmmmm... how heavy is the Elantra again? That should be good for a flat-8 second 0-100 km/h... or maybe less (old 2.0 Coupe with Beta engine - 7.6)... hehe... bring that baby over to the EB... I'd like to see what it can do against the Lynx...

I've heard that even with just a 1.8 swap that Elantras are pretty decent drag cars... but can you swap in the Coupe suspension and steering?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    2.0L with a lightweight flywheel... hmmmm... how heavy is the Elantra again? That should be good for a flat-8 second 0-100 km/h... or maybe less (old 2.0 Coupe with Beta engine - 7.6)... hehe... bring that baby over to the EB... I'd like to see what it can do against the Lynx...

I've heard that even with just a 1.8 swap that Elantras are pretty decent drag cars... but can you swap in the Coupe suspension and steering?
    AFAIK 1100 kg. It's not a light car, but with the torque of the 2.0 and the flywheel, it feels like a CRDi Getz (which is my only other car BTW).

Why swap in the Coupe suspension and steering components? What would be the point in that? It would bolt-on anyway; both of them are the same car underneath.

As for bringing my Elantra to any EB, I would like to have it painted first. But before it gets painted it must first be turbocharged. So, that may take a long time before I show it to people with pride.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... turbo. RE: suspension: heard that they were the same, but wouldn't the Coupe's shocks and springs be stiffer? And I think the steering might be tighter, but I'm not sure.

Hehe... turbo, lots of friends going down that road... as for me, I'm satisfied with having a great handling car with just a bit of speed.

Kudos on your car! Pics naman pag tapos!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah... turbo. RE: suspension: heard that they were the same, but wouldn't the Coupe's shocks and springs be stiffer? And I think the steering might be tighter, but I'm not sure.

Hehe... turbo, lots of friends going down that road... as for me, I'm satisfied with having a great handling car with just a bit of speed.

Kudos on your car! Pics naman pag tapos!
    Well I think coilovers would have more an effect on handling than changing to a stock suspension. I have a set that is under repair.

Yeah will keep people up to date.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi.... i'm a former elantra sedan owner [99 model].

those of you are looking for genuine parts may want to try and contact Piyeza.
    they have branches in pasay, cavite, las pinas and and i think, cabuyao or calamba.
    for las pinas, the number is 8712206.
    from what i've seen, even the casas sometimes gets their parts from Piyeza.
    hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I got a Elantra 99' M/T Wagon Edition...

Thanx for the info's...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Iba ang codes na gamit ng Hyundai. Pati yung 4d56 nila DB-something ang tawag.
    hi otep at mga elantra owners:
    My current ride is a mitsu lancer el 1993. I'm planning to replace it with an elantra wagon (1997-1999 yr models). Based on your experience of owning and maintaining the elantra, I would like to know your opinion if my plan is a good idea in terms of the maintenance cost, supply of parts, and performance. Thank you and best regards.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by merc2007 View Post
    hi otep at mga elantra owners:
    My current ride is a mitsu lancer el 1993. I'm planning to replace it with an elantra wagon (1997-1999 yr models). Based on your experience of owning and maintaining the elantra, I would like to know your opinion if my plan is a good idea in terms of the maintenance cost, supply of parts, and performance. Thank you and best regards.
    based from experience, ayos naman. malakas ang makina, me mabibilhan ng parts, not to mention compatible ang ilang piyesa ng mitsubishi. lakas aircon kay lang di pa sya cfc134 ba yon?
    medyo malutong nga lang ang plastic parts, tulad ng door locks, at yung sa power windows mechanism. check mo din yung high-tension wire. rgds.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
attention elantra owners