New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My cousin also has the M/T 1.4L Accent which he bought around 1Q 2012. He has no complaints *knock on wood*

I hope the Elantra has no similar problems coz I plan to buy one to replace my City. Kung may problema sa Elantra, dali... pigilan nyo ako hehe!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I think na resolve na ung problema ng accent by HARI. Kaya ung new model I assume ala na problema.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by roycruz View Post
    Just to confirm please. The engine knock is only for the 1.4 variant and not the 1.6?
    so far sa mga nabasa ko, 1.4L A/T. never seen any complaints sa 1.6L, which is shared sa elantra.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    This is a good read and is still in progress, I think. Note that it is not approved to date.

http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/88407383!.pdf

I also had the same engine knock issues before with our 3rd Nissan Sentra (N16 Exalta Grandeur), but they manage to somehow sort it out, satisfactorily.. Though I still like the brand, most of all, their use of Calsonic air conditioners which gives the best cooling system for our tropical weather. It is rare that you will find a Nissan taxi which is not cold. Nice thing about the Sentra Grandeur is they really jam packed the vehicle with comfort and features despite the engine issue which at the time was not severe, but had to be fixed before engine damage happens. So my daily drive was still comfortable cold and plush. I guess it was the only compact car at the time which offered leather antibacterial seats, heads up display and even a actuated and remote trunk opener. Hehehe.. I love that car, it was like a mini Cefiro. Anyhow, sorry for the side step OT there.
    Last edited by T|tan; April 18th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    My cousin also has the M/T 1.4L Accent which he bought around 1Q 2012. He has no complaints *knock on wood*

I hope the Elantra has no similar problems coz I plan to buy one to replace my City. Kung may problema sa Elantra, dali... pigilan nyo ako hehe!
    He he he. No problem heard of knocking issue with the elantra 1.6L neither in my 1.8L GLS.

Back to 1.4L Accent. My brother also have 1.4L MT accent. I loaned the car & personally observed the engine for one week using regular unleaded gasoline from the big three petroleum supplier.. I did not heard or observed any engine knock..

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ok na kya talaga 1.4L accent or rio ngayon?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    ok na kya talaga 1.4L accent or rio ngayon?
    Rio 1.4 M/T ko walang engine knocking issue mag one year na. Mga kapit bahay ko na meron Rio at Accent walang na encounter. Mga naka salubong ko na may Rio at Accent tinanong ko wala di nila alam ang issue na ito tahimik raw ang mga auto nila. Dito ko lang na encounter ang knocking issue sa Tsikot,com forum . Bwaahhahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope this helps. :toast: My sister's 2011 1.4L Accent A/T issues were recently solved by a complete replacement of the CVVT system by HARI. She also went through the whole charade of ECU software updates, advice of only using only Shell 97 octane gas, etc... with still the presence of engine knocks, high rpm upshifts, poor engine performance and poor fuel economy. :ill:

http://tsikot.com/forums/hyundai-car...sa-casa-92845/

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncar View Post
    An appeal to all HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 OWNERS

If you have noticed a KNOCKING SOUND on your vehicle, possibly when changing shifts or when releasing the clutch after shifting gears, or If you have noticed your RPM (servo) FLUCTUATING when in idle, sometimes would even make the car vibrate, or if you start your engine in the morning and the engine literally sounds like a diesel engine, then you might want to read through.

We purchased our 2012 HYUNDAI ACCENT 1.4 M/T May 5, 2012 from Hyundai Global City. A few months later, we can hear knocking sound when shifting gears, thinking it might have been just a mis-shift or anything like that. But the noise is increasing and it also happens even if we’re not shifting gears so we thought that it’s a different thing. The RPM also starts to fluctuate. So we brought the vehicle to Hyundai Balintawak on Nov. 5, 2012 (the 6th month of our car) for the PMS and to also check on the knocking sound of the vehicle and the fluctuating RPM.

The service representatve told me they need to UPGRADE the ECU and then further monitor the vehicle. Since the dealership nearest our current residence is Hyundai Global City, I then brought the vehicle to Hyundai Global City to have the vehicle checked.

They UPGRADED the ECU and did further checks with the car. We’re on the dealership literally every week for the series of tests that they were doing. They then invited HARI mechanics for the final tests prior to the ECU being replaced. To out dismay, HARI MECHANICS came up with the conclusion: “ALL TESTS NORMAL”. YES, the knocking sound decreased but my RPM is still fluctuating this time literally every three seconds. I tried to argue to one of the service reps prior to taking the vehicle home but I was advised it’s just because of the air-conditioning on automatic mode. (REALLY? EVERY THREE SECONDS?)

I first logged a complaint to HARI and they eventually changed the ECU. To our surprise, the KNOCKING WORSEN.

Meaning to say, THEY ARE UPGRADING THE ECU TO HIDE THE PROBLEM. THEY’RE CHEATING

Upgrading has never been synonymous to REPAIR and they are intentionally doing that to conceal the problem.

I have logged a complaint with DTI against HARI and against HYUNDAI GLOBAL CITY. For those who are experiencing the same problem, you can contact me:

ken_ramchand*yahoo.com.ph

WE SHOULD NOT LET HYUNDAI GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT’S ILLEGAL AND WE AS CONSUMER HAVE OUR RIGHTS. IT’S ABOUT TIME WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE AND TO GET WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.
    sir PM the president of Team Accent Phils, I think they are now, at this moment, collecting owners with fluctuating idle cases, kasi marami din ata nagco-complain now ng ganyan. teamaccentph.com ang website. Goodluck with your car's problem. HTH

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I was told that HARI is supposed to import Accents with new engines (or maybe an upgrade) but until now wala pa sila binibigay at least sa Wheels.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
An appeal to all HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 OWNERS