New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Delightful car. Probably the first Hyundai I've driven with really good steering. Really wish HARI would carry a test unit of the 1.0 variant. I'm particularly interested in the base 1.0 MT, for personal use... if it's not too terribly bare, I'd consider it over the Mirage.
    When my wife decided to buy her first car, she only had to choose between the Mirage and Grand i10. She chose the latter because it feels more refined than the Mirage. Also, the 1.0 engine is very sufficient, we ran at 120 kph with no difficulty.

I think the S trim level whether A/T or M/T is value for money in my opinion, compared to the entry level. Last time I checked, The E variant is priced at 538K with driver side airbag, black bumpers, black handles and mirrors, power windows at the front only

While the S trim M/T is at 558K with color keyed bumpers, mirrors and handles, power windows for all, dual airbags, and keyless entry. A 20K difference is worth it, I believe. Anyway, good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well, it's difficult with the taxes and importation, but hopefully closer to 650k, 680 if they can't make it.

I'd personally work on cutting the price by deleting some accessories... good bye touchscreen and etcetera... then offer those back via a dealership upgrade package. Eventually, the customer will still pay that 700+ k, but it won't reflect on the price lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayren View Post
    Niky,

At what price do you think that 1.2 TOTL model should sell? I mean bang for the buck. The way I see it 728k is too much. Heck I even saw a brochure and was priced at 768k!
    I think what makes the Grand i10 at a price disadvantage over the Mirage and the Wigo is that it is made in India, while the Wigo and the Mirage are made in Indonesia and Thailand respectively. The 2 Japanese mini cars, being manufactured in the ASEAN region, enjoy 0% importation tariffs and duties due to the ASEAN Free Trade Area. Shipping costs is also cheaper since Indonesia and Thailand are closer to our country than India.

niky, do you think it's time for Hyundai to invest in an assembly plant in one of the ASEAN countries? Especially here in the Philippines?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I wish they retained the original introductory prices for the new Grand i10. I would also prefer the steering wheel controls for the audio system etc., rear aircon vents, and/or adjustable headrest for the front seats instead of the cooled glove compartment that I think will not be too useful.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brel View Post
    I wish they retained the original introductory prices for the new Grand i10. I would also prefer the steering wheel controls for the audio system etc., rear aircon vents, and/or adjustable headrest for the front seats instead of the cooled glove compartment that I think will not be too useful.
    Me too. I wished they did then I would have bought the TOTL one. Hahah

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If the price is right, I would only get the top-of-the-line Hyundai Grand i10 because it is the only one with ABS --- it's safety first for me! I'm actually considering either the Hyundai Grand i10 1.2L A/T or the new Honda Jazz 1.5 M/T. Currently, the market price for both models are close but I feel it shouldn't be. Honda is now treating the bigger Jazz as under the compact car category but the Grand i10 still just belongs to the sub-compact category.

When comparing the Hyundai Grand i10 1.2L A/T with the new Honda Jazz 1.5 M/T, the features that makes the Grand i10 stand out for me are:

- Audio System with Bluetooth
    - Rear Grab Rails
    - Engine start/stop button
    - Alloy Wheels
    - Power Side Mirrors, Folding

If they lowered the price of the Grand i10 and will need to lessen/replace the features, they can do away with the Cooled Glove Compartment as I think it is the least useful as I mentioned before. But if they will choose to replace it, it's better to have the audio system controls in the Steering Wheel, the rear Aircon Vents, and/or adjustable headrest for the front seats. Of course including everything while reducing the price of the Grand i10 is the best option to take to make it a real winner! Also add more colors to the TOTL (Stardust please?). Wishful thinking!!! hahaha

A significant issue that might crop up though is the Fuel Consumption of the Grand i10 1.2L A/T vs. the new Jazz 1.5 M/T. I read somewhere that this is where the Jazz excel better even while having a higher 1.5 engine...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Inmo, grand i10 1.2L is way overprice.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I think what makes the Grand i10 at a price disadvantage over the Mirage and the Wigo is that it is made in India, while the Wigo and the Mirage are made in Indonesia and Thailand respectively. The 2 Japanese mini cars, being manufactured in the ASEAN region, enjoy 0% importation tariffs and duties due to the ASEAN Free Trade Area. Shipping costs is also cheaper since Indonesia and Thailand are closer to our country than India.

niky, do you think it's time for Hyundai to invest in an assembly plant in one of the ASEAN countries? Especially here in the Philippines?
    Yes. Of course. But considering Hyundai is still one of the biggest sellers locally, even with the price disadvantage, I don't think they're anxious to invest all that much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes. Of course. But considering Hyundai is still one of the biggest sellers locally, even with the price disadvantage, I don't think they're anxious to invest all that much.
    Oh I forgot, Hyundai has an assembly plant in Indonesia that produces the Grand Starex for the Indonesian, Malaysian and Thai market. What if Hyundai expand that plant so that it could accomodate the production of LHD vehicles for the Philippines, Vietnam and other ASEAN LHD markets? And produce some of the best selling Hyundai vehicles in ASEAN there. Well that's just my wishful thinking that Hyundai should highly consider.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I'm sure Hyundai is interested to continually increase (rather than just maintain) their sales volume for the Philippine market. One way to do that is to reduce their prices by building a local plant to better compete with the other brands. I think now is the best time to do that and take the risk to invest, when they have finally proven decent sales potential of their products in the Philippines. I guess it is time for Hyundai to be more aggressive here. Where else will they desire to go next but up!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    This may lead to building a local Hyundai plant in the near future...

Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
    Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd (HDEC) is considering expanding its business in the Philippines beyond its current interests. It’s head called the country “a competitive location for investors,” in a meeting with the Philippine Ambassador to South Korea Raul S. Hernandez last July 22 at the Embassy Chancery in Seoul.

Hyundai Motor Group is a new owner of Hyundai Eng. & Const.,co.,ltd in 2011 by Korean banks' decision after defeating Hyundai (merchang maarine: the 2nd largest shipping co., in Korea after Hanjin shipping ) Group. Source: Wikipedia.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast