New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    what would you recommend for replacement front brake pads?

Bendix? Magkano kaya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 14myXUV View Post

Bendix? Magkano kaya.
    Though I'm a Bendix user on my other rides, for the GS I'd recommend Mobis. They were in the P2K-3K range before.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Though I'm a Bendix user on my other rides, for the GS I'd recommend Mobis. They were in the P2K-3K range before.
    Agree here.

This is the pair I am using now,- and satisfied with it,- without so much of brake dust, too....

23.0K:bokmal:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree here.

This is the pair I am using now,- and satisfied with it,- without so much of brake dust, too....

23.0K:bokmal:
    Yeah, that's what I love about that first Mobis replacement. It's less dustier than the ones that came with the van. Bite is about the same -- no complaints about it.

What I don't like about Bendix is how noisy they eventually get.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Question: can the TCI 10 or 12 seater climb steep roads like going to Baguio under full load of people?

Also what is its average fuel consumption? I am currently using an Urvan Estate 3.0 and I'm wondering if the TCI will be more faster/more powerful to drive uphill.

Last, what are the common defects of the Grand Starex TCI? And common maintenance items? Thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post
    Question: can the TCI 10 or 12 seater climb steep roads like going to Baguio under full load of people?

Also what is its average fuel consumption? I am currently using an Urvan Estate 3.0 and I'm wondering if the TCI will be more faster/more powerful to drive uphill.

Last, what are the common defects of the Grand Starex TCI? And common maintenance items? Thanks

Mine is a 12 seater TCI 2008 model... went up full load with baggage to Baguio last year. kaya naman. lalo na dun sa after nung lion's head and yung last stretch before baguio city itself.. hindi sya mahina as others think... of course kelangan naka bwelo ka. wala naman siguro mag start from dead stop when going uphill.

common defects? Id say none.. but when you compare with CRDI , VGT, siempre mas maingay ang TCI in terms of engine sound. other than that all benefits na... easier and more affordable to maintain ito.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 14myXUV View Post

Bendix? Magkano kaya.
    maingay nga bendix. But since its half the price of MObis, you get what you pay for.. squeaky sya ang di naman ganun kadami break dust nya. yun gamit ko ngayun

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno787 View Post

At since conventional engine with turbo added, di sya kasing selan nang higher models. try comparing the prices of usual wear and tear items like belts, pressure plate, clutch disc etc from the TCI with the higher models, mabigla ka.

Yun lang sa fuel consumption, it rarely makes 10 km to a liter.

Im currently using 2t oil as additive... mas gumaan takbo and I get better response sa engine

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tio Pao View Post
    Yun lang sa fuel consumption, it rarely makes 10 km to a liter.
    Neither does the CRDi, actually.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tio Pao View Post
    maingay nga bendix. But since its half the price of MObis, you get what you pay for.. squeaky sya ang di naman ganun kadami break dust nya. yun gamit ko ngayun
    That's accurate -- you get what you pay for. I've been bothered by metallic noise Bendix pads have brought to my current and previous rides. Parang di na nawala ang ingay kahit bago pa ang pads at bagong resurface ang rotors. Kaya with the GS, as much as possible, I stay away from Bendix. At least OEM Mobis is in the P2K+ range. Unlike for the other cars, medyo nasa P5K ang OEM.

2012 Starex TCI Variant