New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    [QUOTE=kyleryner;1768453]Just to comment on this,

-

- Have to unfortunately agree with the bottoming out issue when going over a hump.. with or without passengers, but ESPECIALLY with passngers and loaded trunk.. i find this unacceptable in a new car.. I wonder if replacing the shocks would fix this?

ano shocks ng accent? Is it gas type already? if not gas shocks would be a better alternative. Kung gas type na siya then a stiffer rate coil spring is better kaso titigas ang ride. Check out O-SULEE spring cushion. Maybe this can help if you don't want to change shocks or springs at the moment. There are guys in sulit that sells them. Speedlab also sells them.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Replacing the shocks could probably cure the problem but like you said, unacceptable for a brand new car. Just make sure you order from and have the work done at Hyundai or kiss your warranty goodbye. I am betting gas shocks na but I could be wrong since it is a (not-so-low end) budget compact. Was also thinking about coil replacement but that will have to wait. I just don't drive it loaded with enough people so the bottoming out is not so much an issue for me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Just got my 1.4AT today. 4 adults and 1 big kid pero di naman nag bottom out. Yun kaagad tinesting ko. Although di ko naman sinagasaan yung humps, normal driving lang and so far ok naman.

[quote=raquino;1773477]
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    Just to comment on this,

-

- Have to unfortunately agree with the bottoming out issue when going over a hump.. with or without passengers, but ESPECIALLY with passngers and loaded trunk.. i find this unacceptable in a new car.. I wonder if replacing the shocks would fix this?

ano shocks ng accent? Is it gas type already? if not gas shocks would be a better alternative. Kung gas type na siya then a stiffer rate coil spring is better kaso titigas ang ride. Check out O-SULEE spring cushion. Maybe this can help if you don't want to change shocks or springs at the moment. There are guys in sulit that sells them. Speedlab also sells them.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperS View Post
    Replacing the shocks could probably cure the problem but like you said, unacceptable for a brand new car. Just make sure you order from and have the work done at Hyundai or kiss your warranty goodbye. I am betting gas shocks na but I could be wrong since it is a (not-so-low end) budget compact. Was also thinking about coil replacement but that will have to wait. I just don't drive it loaded with enough people so the bottoming out is not so much an issue for me.
    Sana magkaroon ng silent recall or free recall for the shocks. Wishful thinking though but who knows.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Sana magkaroon ng silent recall or free recall for the shocks. Wishful thinking though but who knows.
    Sana nga Sir...
    Ramdam ko din yung bottoming out issue lalo na pag mabilis at biglang pababa yung daan, parang bus na tatalon talon yung likuran ng sasakyan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    Sana nga Sir...
    Ramdam ko din yung bottoming out issue lalo na pag mabilis at biglang pababa yung daan, parang bus na tatalon talon yung likuran ng sasakyan.
    Pati pababa? Teka... parang nakaka-alarm na safety wise ah. Correct me if I'm wrong, pero hindi ba possible mawalan ng control kapag nagbo-bottom out ang suspension in given scenarios?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Masyadong soft yung suspension ng Accent

Yung Elantra soft din daw pero wag naman sana ganyan

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1.4AT, 200KM ODO

Issue: Halfway thru my first full tank and while cycling the information panel, the AVERAGE FUEL CONSUMPTION mysteriously RESET itself. This happened two mornings ago and this morning the same thing happened. I was very careful this time to press the button lightly so as not to accidentally hold it.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Pati pababa? Teka... parang nakaka-alarm na safety wise ah. Correct me if I'm wrong, pero hindi ba possible mawalan ng control kapag nagbo-bottom out ang suspension in given scenarios?
    Possible Sir ,lalo na siguro kung marami pa sakay mo sa likuran. Experienced this on my way back from Baguio to Pampanga, sa bandang Pangasinan daming mga biglang pababang daan.
    Last edited by andretti; June 23rd, 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: add

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Sana nga magdilang anghel ka..sa issues na na-compile na dapat yung engine muna siguro ayusin with the engine-knock issue then sa shocks, etc. Sana mas ma-improve pa mga next batch nila. I am currently eyeing something about my tach needle while driving. I glance at it from time to time dahil tumataas baba siya kahit di ko naman iniiba tapak ko sa gas. I thought it was the AC na parang nagsa-cycle but I can feel a faint engine surge. Almost nitpicking na nga but first time ko na nagka automatic na ganito.
    Another thing that irritates the crap out of me *(and other people around) is the sensitivity ng alarm system nya. Not really sure what triggers it but the alarm would go off and go on blaring for a really looong time. I happened to be attending to my mother na nasa ICU ng isang hospital and everyone was peering out of the hospital windows. Buti na lang na trace ako ng guard to silence the alarm kaya hiyang hiya po ako. Wala naman daw nakikialam sa kotse dahil compound yun at within a short distance from the guardstation.
    This also happened yesterday sa campus parking lot. Everyone was kinda looking out to see which idiot is driving an annoying white car...sigh. Btw, I press the silent mode first to lock/unlock the car doors.

2011 Hyundai Accent issues, problems in general