New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kimozi View Post
    hello,

FYI lang regarding this issue. mine has no problem consuming other unleaded brand like caltex and petron. what i did is fill my tank worth 500pesos only for every brand to know kung totoong may engine knock kapag hindi shell ang gamit natin. thank god wala naman katok ung engine ko. FC is normal as well, mix driving (highway and city) approximately 7.5L / 100KM or 13.4KM/L. yesterday puno yung accent ko 4 adults(isa mataba) 1 kid. hindi rin naman nag bottom out.

I guess na tsambahan nyo lang cguro yung unit nyo. i hope mine will continue to perform as well cause i really enjoy driving this car. the only bad thing i notice is yung hatak nya. mabagal!

TIA
    kim
    Hindi masyado maganda hatak when i used Shell Unleaded (93 RON) yung sakin. but i shifted to Petron XCS (95RON), ang bilis humatak sir, bumababa pa lalo ang consumption ko. the only issue talaga problema ko sa oto eh yung katok nya pag apak ko ng gas tsaka pag bitaw. Pero may nagsabi dito na Engine support daw issue nun, inaantay ko lang yung 5K PMS ko tsaka ko to ireklamo.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by georgie35 View Post
    Hindi masyado maganda hatak when i used Shell Unleaded (93 RON) yung sakin. but i shifted to Petron XCS (95RON), ang bilis humatak sir, bumababa pa lalo ang consumption ko. the only issue talaga problema ko sa oto eh yung katok nya pag apak ko ng gas tsaka pag bitaw. Pero may nagsabi dito na Engine support daw issue nun, inaantay ko lang yung 5K PMS ko tsaka ko to ireklamo.
    not yet sure kung depende nga sa gas brand yung power nya. but what i notice kasi pag traffic tapos biglang umandar na yung sinundan mo ng mabilis, Syempre ikaw hataw ka din para makabol at ng hindi masingitan lalo na pag nag mamadali ka. thats the time i feel na medyo kulang sa hatak yung accent ko. IMO

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just to comment on this,

- Engine Knock -- so far ("knock" on wood ) -- havent encountered this yet, but ever since i read about the issue, Ive been using Shell unleaded just to be safe.. . Just a question though.. when they say Shell "unleaded", does that mean just the unleaded variant or even the V-Power and Premium variants (w/c AFAIK are technically also 'unleaded'). In any case, I fill up with the (slightly) lower priced unleaded variant. Is it ok do that or is it more advisable to get the Premium or V-Power ones?

- Car Antenna and Car handles.. no issues with me so far... BUT..!!!

- ... my issue is the lever on my driver side to slide the car seat had fallen off... TWICE..!! Thankfully its just something you can slip back in (at a certain orientation or angle, and you have to do it by going down the car to see it better). I guess its what some of the reviewers mean when they noted the interior of the accent to be a little sub-par. Still its no biggie for me as long as it can be rturned properly and doesnt happen that often (perhaps my hand was just too heavy.. hehe)

- Have to unfortunately agree with the bottoming out issue when going over a hump.. with or without passengers, but ESPECIALLY with passngers and loaded trunk.. i find this unacceptable in a new car.. I wonder if replacing the shocks would fix this?

- Fuel Mileage... I envy those posts saying they can get over 10 km/l.. Im averaging just between 6 to 7 on mostly city driving.. :-( Hopefully this will improve, I just got my 1000 PMS and eager to go on a long road trip to get maxxed mileage... (btw I have the 1.4 AT... i hear the MT is more fuel efficient.. I just hope its not more than 1 km/L diff. between the two..)

- "Hatak".. every know and then it lurches when shifting gears, and the acceleration is a tad slow, but i love how smooth it goes even at 100-120 km (so far I can only do this on the skyway.. want to go up to 140kph or more but im afraid i might be accosted by cops for breaking the 100 limit once i reach the exit.. )

Now its been a while since i drove a brand new car (our car is over 10 years old hence we got a new one).. but i did drive our old car back when it was new and i dont remember it to ever be this smooth. In fact, i almost cant believe im travelling 100-120 already if i wasnt looking at the speedometer...

Over all, taking all the good and bad, the good still outweighs the bad issues... here's hoping no more bad issues gets added and that the old ones gets resolved soon...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Another issue that manifested itself last week on my AT Accent ay yung auto door lock nya..sometimes when you push it in hindi nagla lock yung other three doors. You have to lock and unlock it several times bago mag engage lahat. Not entirely sure what's causing it but since it is electrical baka eto yung source or part of the problem. Engine knock is still there despite several refills of Shell Premium. Hatak is really subpar so I shift to manumatic mode kaya medyo may laban sa acceleration. Other than that I don't expect to win any dragrace especially with an underbone..tsk tsk. Oh swell. keep it coming guys and tks for your posts.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Don't expect a quick acceleration from 1.4L engine.

Pero pagdating nung CRDi, ibang usapan na

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Don't expect a quick acceleration from 1.4L engine.

Pero pagdating nung CRDi, ibang usapan na
    Is that right? Akala ko malakas lang ang torque ng mga diesels (e.g. CRDi) when it comes to pulling power but not acceleration. Comparable na ba ang turbodiesel sa gasoline engine when it comes to acceleration? I did notice na magaling nga ang hatak ng mga diesels ngayon i.e Strada, Montero. Never had a turbodiesel car before that's why I have no idea. I don't abuse my Accent but its performance is really lackluster in the power department. With the engine knock issue it is not a very inspiring drive as I am finding out on a daily basis. Already made appointment to have it checked at the casa de H. This car sometimes makes you scratch your head. Kind of a love and hate affair.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperS View Post
    Is that right? Akala ko malakas lang ang torque ng mga diesels (e.g. CRDi) when it comes to pulling power but not acceleration. Comparable na ba ang turbodiesel sa gasoline engine when it comes to acceleration? I did notice na magaling nga ang hatak ng mga diesels ngayon i.e Strada, Montero. Never had a turbodiesel car before that's why I have no idea. I don't abuse my Accent but its performance is really lackluster in the power department. With the engine knock issue it is not a very inspiring drive as I am finding out on a daily basis. Already made appointment to have it checked at the casa de H. This car sometimes makes you scratch your head. Kind of a love and hate affair.
    Actually the Tucson CRDi R-eVGT is much (emphasis on much) quicker than the Tucson 2.4L Theta II. They have the same BHP pero almost double ang torque ng CRDi R-eVGT.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Mine is 1.4 M/T.

Problem: it just occurred last week. I can hear a noise once I change gear or when I'm on a low gear 1st and 2nd gear... when I stepped on the gas pedal and release it or from reverse to 1st gear. I think it's the velocity joint making the sound (not sure though) but it's an annoying sound especially on a brand new car and it's just a month and 8 days old. What is the best thing to do with this mga bro?

Fuel consumption:
    MOA to Tagaytay with slight traffic at Bacoor 9.65 liters / 91.3 kms = 9.461kms/L at speed of 70-90kph. So far ung batak nya superb parin lakas ng hatak with the shell V-power.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    ayusin lang natin ang mga naging problema..
    1.infamous engine knock by using low octane fuel.
    2.door handles sometimes sticks
    3. roof mounted radio antenna broken after 2 mos.
    4.Rear suspension too soft, easily bottoms out on humps
    5. lever on driver side to slide the car seat had fallen off
    6.every know and then it lurches when shifting gears, and the acceleration is a tad slow

7.auto door lock nya..sometimes when you push it in hindi nagla lock yung other three doors

baka me nakalimutan pa ko pakidagdagan na lang.. Maybe this what you get for paying a low cost economy car & really looks can be deceiving.. maybe sometimes..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    ayusin lang natin ang mga naging problema..
    1.infamous engine knock by using low octane fuel.
    2.door handles sometimes sticks
    3. roof mounted radio antenna broken after 2 mos.
    4.Rear suspension too soft, easily bottoms out on humps
    5. lever on driver side to slide the car seat had fallen off
    6.every know and then it lurches when shifting gears, and the acceleration is a tad slow

7.auto door lock nya..sometimes when you push it in hindi nagla lock yung other three doors

baka me nakalimutan pa ko pakidagdagan na lang.. Maybe this what you get for paying a low cost economy car & really looks can be deceiving.. maybe sometimes..
    Nice one bro Black ice...

2011 Hyundai Accent issues, problems in general