New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1208
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by maxhedrum View Post
    With your knocking, check with your casa if you have Euro 2 update. After the update, you will still hear hear it occasionally or none at all using Shell Unleaded. Vpower is a waste of money in my opinion.
    I'm inclined to believe that maxhedrum is correct with regards to the fuel type. It's weird by my fuel consumption seems to be higher when using 97-100 RON fuels. I've not completely gone down to 93RON but once, when my gauge was halfway empty, I decided to fill up using 93RON and was surprised that the FC improved and the engine was more quieter and responsive.

I'll use up my gas first and try a full tank of 93RON. Let's see what happens next.

Just an update also on the EURO 2 re-program done on the car - I still occasionally hear the knock. Pero knock na lang sya, hindi na knock-knock. Sounds like a single knock when the AT shifts. Not sure though if it will stay that way or if it will get worse. Under observation pa. Will pull out the fuse first to reset the ECU since I just put in a Hurricane drop-in filter.

I'm still hoping a colder plug might completely kill the knock. Anybody tried this? If a colder plug doesn't kill the knock, will it kill the engine or screw up the FC?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    is the 1.6 engine of the accent the same with the 1.6 of the elantra?
    and is the knocking issue not encountered with the 1.6 accent?
    thanks... (wala bang sariling thread ang elantra?)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    google says they're the same...both mpi engines. no one has reported engine knock on 1.6 engine elantra or accent in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by taraki17 View Post
    is the 1.6 engine of the accent the same with the 1.6 of the elantra?
    and is the knocking issue not encountered with the 1.6 accent?
    thanks... (wala bang sariling thread ang elantra?)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    As ar as I know walang knocking issue ang 1.6L engine ng Elantra & Accent. Yes the same engine sila. Mas matipid yata ang accent kesa elantra due to lighter body, not sure though.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    As ar as I know walang knocking issue ang 1.6L engine ng Elantra & Accent. Yes the same engine sila. Mas matipid yata ang accent kesa elantra due to lighter body, not sure though.
    Hindi sila same engine. The Accent uses the older CVVT engine with 124 horsepower. The Elantra uses the Dual-CVVT engine with 130 horsepower. Iba rin transmission, 4-AT for the Accent and 6-AT for the Elantra.

FC shouldn't be too different, but I'm pretty sure magiging mas matipid yung Elantra especially for long drives.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    This is pretty interesting, despite all the issues that a few Accent owners have raised, the Accent is actually selling more today than it did a year ago:

Astoundingly, more than a year since it was launched, the Accent is selling better than ever. They now average 674 units a month compared to the 345 per month in 2011, translating to a 95% jump.

And just this morning I was thinking, "Sayang naman Hyundai, you already made a Vios-killer, but you kinda spoiled it all with shoddy quality and after-sales service". I guess Hyundai's still keeping it together after all. Sana lang they don't get too complacent about this and altogether ignore the issues that some of their cars have.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    problem with hyundai, bagal nila kumilos...

eh kung sana inayos na nila mga reklamo nung una palang, sana di na umabot ng ganito katagal

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thank you, Maxhedrum, for the advice. I actually did call the casa about the knocking issue about a month ago at 3K on the odometer. They did tell me to bring the car over for inspection. I did not do as advised thinking I'd just suck it up until the next PMS. V-Power solves the issue for now but I'd certain take issue with the knocking on the next PMS.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhedrum View Post
    Miguey, all accents here and abroad have issue with front/back suspension. Its too soft. Aftermarket is only solution.

With your knocking, check with your casa if you have Euro 2 update. After the update, you will still hear hear it occasionally or none at all using Shell Unleaded. Vpower is a waste of money in my opinion.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andro0120 View Post
    I sent the car in today for its 1K PMS.

I decided to stick with Semi-synthetic since I couldn't get myself to accept the fact that Hyundai's full-synth engine oil is rated 15-50w and I have to spend over 3K for it. Siguro sa next PMS, magdadala na lang ako ng 10-30w. I'm sure it will help with the fuel consumption.

Anyways, I told the service advisor about the occasional knocking that I hear between 1.5K-2K RPM and asked them to make sure the ECM is updated also. Got there at 7am, car was serviced around 730am and was out around 1030am.

So far, in my short driving stint, I have yet to hear the knocking sound that was present before. Tried replicating the circumstances when it would manifest previously, but did not hear it. Engine feels slightly more responsive but can not comment on FC yet. Pansin ko lang, pag nag full tank ko ng automatic stop, ambilis mawala nung first line ng gauge. Not the engine's fault though...
    Hi i'll send my car this saturday for the 1k PMS... Just want to ask regarding the full synthetic oil.. U mean na hindi ok ung full synthetic oil na nilalagay ni hyundai?

And just curious... Ganu kalakas ba ung "knock" na naririnig nyo?

Nag improve ba ung fuel consumption mo after the change oil? Mine kasi is 6km/L.. sobrang lakas for a subcompact car right?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AccentHyu2012 View Post
    Hi i'll send my car this saturday for the 1k PMS... Just want to ask regarding the full synthetic oil.. U mean na hindi ok ung full synthetic oil na nilalagay ni hyundai?

And just curious... Ganu kalakas ba ung "knock" na naririnig nyo?

Nag improve ba ung fuel consumption mo after the change oil? Mine kasi is 6km/L.. sobrang lakas for a subcompact car right?
    On Motor oil:
    Not saying that their oil sucks, or that it's bad. What I was trying to point out was the fact that their "in house" fully synthetic oil was rated 15w-50. Although the value of fully synthetic oil is mostly because of it's composition and not it's weight, fully synthetic oils outside the casa that have lighter weights are basically the same price, maybe even slightly cheaper.

For new cars, lighter oils help fuel consumption because it allows the engine to move more quickly vs heavier oils. Lighter oils also get to critical parts up on top of the engine faster than heavier oils, specially during cold starts.

On Fuel Consumption:
    I have not driven the car enough to get a solid feel of whether the fuel consumption has improved or not. At best, my butt dyno tells me that the engine is starting to open up and is becoming more consistent in the feedback that it is giving me.

Right now, my odo only reads 1100kms. Majority of the people I've spoken with tell me that fuel consumption at this point in time should not be something that I need to keep an eye on. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and will not lose sleep over it until over 5K odo. Right now, I'm doing 8km/L pure city driving, in moderate traffic conditions 70% of the time.

On knocking:
    I have not heard any knock from the time of my last post. Don't get me wrong, I've worried about it so much that I expect to hear it everytime I drive the car. I'm happy I don't hear it, but just to manage my expectations, I keep in mind that it can still come back.

I can't confirm the extent of knocking that the other have experienced, but the last I've heard from mine was very, very short - think about a can of evaporated milk with thicker material and a spoon hitting the inside of the can twice in rapid succession. Before, I hear it when the tranny downshifts - usually from third to second or second to first.

Hope this helps.

2011 Hyundai Accent issues, problems in general