New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 171 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi guys,

I'm supposed to put this to fuel talk thread but i'm not yet sure.

-engine knock started after my third fill-up of petron unleaded. I used the fuel since the car arrived and because it's the closest proximity to my place.

-engine knock is very faint and usually happens at low speed 0-30 kph.

-engine knock happens when engine is already at normal temp. (hot) and when you feather the gas pedal (light press)

-engine knock is at worse when under heavy load, uphill or doing a sharp turn.

asked for advise from the experts and here are the things i tried first

1. tried a higher octane gas (XCS), still the knock persist.
    2. tried BLAZE 100 - knocking seems to stop but fuel is so expensive and engine seems to be unusually erratic when starting in the morning (cold start)

-i went to hyundai casa to have it checked.
    -casa was not able to find the problem but insisted there is something wrong with the fuel since the spark plugs are unusually corroded and moist.
    -casa suggested to replace the spark plugs and fill-up the tank with SHELL unleaded.

CURRENT STATUS:

-filled up with SHELL unleaded (it's my third fill)
    -i'm not sure what's with shell unleaded but knocking sound is almost none existent now but still manifest from time to time specially when conditions are right (stated above)
    -still waiting for the arrival of the spark plugs.
    -for the record, the cvvt engine is a little noisy in the morning, makes me feel i have a small diesel engine, but it becomes lesser as the engine becomes hotter. (is this normal?)

-I will keep you guys posted.
    -Any feedback/comments will be highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Good day sir! That sounds like a bad engine problem for a new car. Did you ever hear it even when the car was first driven out of the dealership?

Engine knock happens when the spark plug fails to ignite the fuel at the right time. This maybe caused by incorrect engine timing (which is unlikely since the Accent's engine timing is controlled by the ECU). The only thing I can think of is a faulty electrical connection. This can be caused by external forces. Try examining your engine bay carefully. Especially the wires that lead to the spark plugs. Rodents might be culprit to this.

Fuel should be the least of issues (at least since the car is new) as my 2009 GM City can burn any type of unleaded fuel you feed it with no engine knock whatsoever.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Not the first time for the Accent....

Quote Originally Posted by ZackEK View Post
    No means of breaking your good thoughts about accent. I owned an accent about 1 month now.. on the 7th day of my car and on my way to bulacan.. i heard an annoying sound from the engine. i ignore it, but when i come back i opened my window and surprisingly the sound that i heard is KNOCKING ENGINE SOUND "tope" immediately i called my agent and he told me to bring the car right away to service. Service told me after doing the testing "sir dapat ho shell unleaded ung nilagay nyo" they are pointing that the problem is caused by gasoline, coz i put petron unleaded...

does the unleaded from petron has a problem??? i answer... NO! that's bulls***t.

they drained my fuel tank and changed it to shell unleaded.. i didnt hear any sound when i used the car.... but when the engines heats up... im hearing it again.. i brought the car again. "sir ano gas nilagay nyo" i told them shell... again, they drain my fuel line and tank... then test drive.. service manager called me "sir ok na" then they delivered it again to my house. same problem again.

to cut the story short:

tHE CAR HAS ENGINE PROBLEM, H.A.R.I , THE DISTRIBUTOR UPTO NOW THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THE PROBLEM.

For those who bought already i just hope that you will not encounter my problem and for the future.

DEALER, gave back my money.. i just picked up the check yesterday april 27, 2011.

Guys, hindi dahil bago maganda na. Mas ok na ako sa naka sanayan at subok na.

Just my thoughts.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=229

Quote Originally Posted by ZackEK View Post
    bro madaming zackek.. that's my handle before way back 07 when i had my Honda S.I.R. and correction i didn't owned a vios before (never). i shared that experience not to give a bad name to accent, that info is for the buyer who wants accent.. it might help and sabi mo congressman like when ur sitting to accent?? i bet not. i dnt want to comment on that but i can guarantee you guys na hindi. malalim ung upuan sa likod.. though pump ung driver seat pro di nati-tilt ung manibela.

if you dont beleive me, not my problem anymore. im here to help not to curse. you can go to hyundai q.ave and ask andrew he is the GSM of sales or ricky manager of service. even Noli VP of hyundai. see it for yourself.

and dun sa comment na "wala daw ako pambili" FYI: cash ko binili ung unit. thanks. peace

this is my returned accent: the first i saw this car sabi ko kukuha talaga ako dahil sobra ganda, until such problem arrived.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=234

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Both units are having 1.4L engines, one having an A/T and the other a M/T.
    One lemon unit was acceptable, but now its two?????

Please keep us updated Sir on your unit, If you can please post a video of you car having the knocking sound will be more helpful for all accent owners...

I hope Hyundai will have an answer to this since it will surely affect their sales of the accent, since this is the second maybe 'lemon unit' of the accent posted here in tsikot. Ang nakaka alarma dito is napaka konti palang ng accent, at dalawa na kaagad ang apektado..................

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    actually.. make that three?

i read this a few days ago at hyundai-forums.com. i thought perhaps it was the same person who first posted about the knocking problems here in tsikot.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t62752...engine-bay.htm

I have a 12 day old Hyundai Accent 2012. I got the GL automatic transmission with a 1.4L engine.

I noticed a rattling sound inside the engine bay after a week of using the new ACCENT.

It rattles when the engine is at medium effort. Usually i hear this kind of rattling sound with my 20 year old Mazda, but with a 12 day old car? WHAT?!

Got it serviced with Hyundai but they think it's the unleaded gasoline that's causing it, but they don't recommend using the high octane one. Talking with the technicians there, a lot of 2012 Accent owners already came back to the shop to complain about their rattling sound in the engine bay and i was not the worse sounding one. They did'nt get mine fixed so as the other complainants, and they said that they will get back to us when they get a confirmation from their regional office on what to do with the problem.

I will record my rattling sound tonight by placing a small microphone inside the engine bay and post it youtube. Maybe Hyundai will notice. I even tried emailing Hyundai but of no effect for their site errors when you post problems.

I'm very dissapointed, I did'nt buy a second hand car to relieve myself of problems and still this is what i get(a BNEW - used car sounding engine car).
    i wonder if this is only isolated to the 1.4 litre accents. is the 1.6 accent blue model affected as well? its kinda alarming for potential buyers and those who are waiting on their units.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sana mapost yung link sa youtube nung recording...

and sana maresolve kaagad ang problema dahil mabenta ang new model ng accent

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    this is quite alarming....two tsikoteers at almost the same span of time experienced the same problem....pano pa kaya yung iba....I steadily see pa naman quite a number of accents on the road this past days...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Di kaya, me certain standard na requirement ang accent when it comes to fuel type?

Like euro II, III, IV or V.

I'm saying this because this is a new engine, and just maybe our unleaded gasoline here is not up spec with the requirements of the Engine... Just my 5 centavos.. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Di kaya, me certain standard na requirement ang accent when it comes to fuel type?

Like euro II, III, IV or V.

I'm saying this because this is a new engine, and just maybe our unleaded gasoline here is not up spec with the requirements of the Engine... Just my 5 centavos.. hehehe
    Hopefully this is not as problematic as that of Toyota's D4D problem with SCV and IP.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mukhang may kinalaman ang fuel dito.

Pareho kayong Petron ang ginamit kaya kumakatok yung engine niyo..

Page 1 of 171 123451151101 ... LastLast
2011 Accent AT - Engine Knock!