The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    basta bilib ako dito.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    do you have contact numbers and the exact address? next week il be in cavite isabay ko na din ang pagvisit sa shop na gumagawa nito... i am a little interested sa unit...
    The vehicle that True Faith mentioned I think is fabricated near the poblacion of Imus. There is a mini "Banawe" in Imus along Aguinaldo Highway were various vehicles local and "imported" (re: smuggled) are sold.

Among the vehicles sold are various type, models and variants of Owner-type jeeps ("classic stainless", "pick up or double cab type"), "wranglers" and the smaller versions of the hummers/humvee.

Basically, classic stainless and double cab are smaller ojt with "trapal roof" with smaller engines, wranglers have solid doors and fiberglass roof/fixed glass windows with diesel engines and the hummer type have much bigger engines and are expensive.

From Coastal road straight ahead to Bacoor, pass by SMcity Bacoor (there are some fabricators along Aguinaldo Highway, pass by Ramon and Bong Revillas' place until you reach Robinsons Imus...Its a native auto fabricators strip..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    This is the bigger version..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Exterior is nice enough...but the interior is probably what will count the most if the vehicle is nice to have.

I remember the Alana Motors Humvee-clone interior leaves a lot to be desired.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post

This is an example of a Imus, Cavite made hummer. It is powered by a surplus Mitsubishi Pajero engine.

Its a combination of machine pressed and hand made body parts..

There are still alot of backyard assemblers willing to produce them as long as there are people who are still interested to buy one...

There are alot of units in running condition in Cavite....

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/31019649*N08/2900021389/[/IMG]
    sir true faith, saan sa cavite? at magkano ang isang unit?
    ganda at mejo maliit kumpara sa orihinal na hummer.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by josh2004i View Post
    sir true faith, saan sa cavite? at magkano ang isang unit?
    ganda at mejo maliit kumpara sa orihinal na hummer.

I think this is made by a Bacoor, Cavite fabricator. You can find it near SM Bacoor.

*true faith

tama ba?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sad to say hindi ko nakita yung shop kasi late ko na nabasa ang thread na ito but when i was in sm bacoor on that day na nagpunta ako pinalad naman ako na may nakasabay akong nagpark na clone humvee at hindi ko na pinakawalan ang pagkakataon i asked the driver kung magkano nowadays ang homemade na humvee sabi niya around 320K surplus engine of old pajero 2.5 intercooler. nakita ko din ang interior nothing special custom made kumbaga pero kung hindi maselan sa interior design pede na yun. carpeted din ang loob.

sayang lang at hindi ko dala ang camera ko, ang phone ko naman ay walang built in camera hehehe. actualy nung nakita ko yug unit interested na ako bumili ng isang unit pero antay pa ako ng feedback when it comes to safety din. hope someone from this can give feed back para makatulong din sa gusto mag-own

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good day! I'm very much resigned to buy one of these hummer replicas but almost all of my peers are advising otherwise. I can understand na there are issues when it comes to assembled/facbricated vehicles as opposed to branded.

Anyone here who can share objective insights or experiences perhaps about Cavite-made Hummer replicas?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thewrittendex View Post
    Good day! I'm very much resigned to buy one of these hummer replicas but almost all of my peers are advising otherwise. I can understand na there are issues when it comes to assembled/facbricated vehicles as opposed to branded.

Anyone here who can share objective insights or experiences perhaps about Cavite-made Hummer replicas?
    Up natin ito ha...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thewrittendex View Post

Just like the jeepneys, they are built to last.Very sturdy.

For the parts, they use both local and foreign made OEM parts.

For instance, the body, chassis, wiring harness, leaf springs, radiator and local brand new parts (MVPMAP).

The engine, transmission, differentials, instrument panel, aircon (Sanden-local OEM of Toyota Phils), steering assembly and other suspension parts depend on the buyer preference (but usually they prefer mitsubishi pajero spareparts).

Imus fabricators are good in this category.

Price I think starts at 300K.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hummer/Humvee: Cavite version