New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008

This is an example of a Imus, Cavite made hummer. It is powered by a surplus Mitsubishi Pajero engine.

Its a combination of machine pressed and hand made body parts..

There are still alot of backyard assemblers willing to produce them as long as there are people who are still interested to buy one...

There are alot of units in running condition in Cavite....

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/31019649*N08/2900021389/[/IMG]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post

This is an example of a Imus, Cavite made hummer. It is powered by a surplus Mitsubishi Pajero engine.

[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/31019649*N08/2900021389/[/IMG]

Maganda at macho!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Maganda at macho!

Tama ka bro!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks True Faith, any contact numbers ng dealer? Nasa magkano ‘to?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Thanks True Faith, any contact numbers ng dealer? Nasa magkano ‘to?

Alam ko sir it ranges from 300t plus. It depends on the spec of the owner. Definitely, the body, paint, tires, batteries even the chassis are new. Except for the engine and transmission.

Of course there is an option to put a brand new engine and transmission...

Aside from the surplus mitsubishi engine, they also put nissan patrol engine, transmission and other parts including suspension...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Do they have H2 body versions?

Is the suspension on coils or leaf?

Galing talaga ng pinoy

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    angas nito a! price wise, a far cry from the alana motors version. i presume 4wd na to, pix naman ng interior sir

IMO parang downsized version sya, or my eyes are just fooling me..yung alana kc they tried to immitate it as close to the real thing as possible, they even have a functioning snorkel But at this price many would take a second look, sana walang teething probs..overall ASTIG! ganda pang second car..

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wayward View Post
    IMO parang downsized version sya, or my eyes are just fooling me..yung alana kc they tried to immitate it as close to the real thing as possible..
    I believe that the downsizing is to prevent lawsuits regarding design patent issues. Technically I don't think anyone can reproduce existing entire vehicle designs to the exact dimensions.

Well at least we can this close to the original

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    do you have contact numbers and the exact address? next week il be in cavite isabay ko na din ang pagvisit sa shop na gumagawa nito... i am a little interested sa unit...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    do you have contact numbers and the exact address? next week il be in cavite isabay ko na din ang pagvisit sa shop na gumagawa nito... i am a little interested sa unit...
    Sir dala ka ng camera and get pictures from all angles, i.e. engine bay, interior, transmission, etc. and post it here. I am also similarly interested kaso malayo po ako sa Cavite.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Hummer/Humvee: Cavite version