New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Mga Chiefs, tsikoteers,
    Tanong ko lang kung ang 2004 Honda City idsi 1.3 Manual transmission ay ang gamit ay timing chain or timing belt ? Kung timing belt, kelan pinapalitan ito? Natanong ko ito kasi wala akong kopya ng service manual, walang ibinigay yung seller na nabilihan ko ng second hand honda city. Tanong ko din kung ano ba ang pagkakaiba ng timing belt sa drive belt? Maraming salamat sa inyo mga chiefs sa information na maibibigay ninyo.Merry Christmas and a Happy New sa inyong lahat.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The drive-belt is part of the CVT.

The timing belt/chain ensures that the camshafts, and by extension, the valves, work in proper synchronicity with the pistons in the motor.

The L-series engine is chain-driven. The chain needs never be replaced, but you should check the tensioner at certain intervals... not sure, but it's usually around 60,000-100,000 kilometers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    how about the 2005 1.3 idsi cvt jazz? sa pagkaka-alam ko timing chain na ang gamit. pls confirm if i'm correct

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    how about the 2005 1.3 idsi cvt jazz? sa pagkaka-alam ko timing chain na ang gamit. pls confirm if i'm correct
    It's the exact same engine, so yes it has the timing chain too.

You can look it up online if you want more information: the 1.3L i-DSI engine on GD Jazzes and Cities is called the "L13A" (or more specifically the "L13A3").

timing chain or timing belt ba ang honda city idsi 1.3 manual trans? Please help.