New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'm just wondering if this is inherent to Honda City or is it a defect in my unit. Anybody got the same problem? Putting the blower dial to 3 hardly produces cool air. Aircon dial is already set to max. You can only feel the cool air when setting the blower to 4 (max). My service advisor at Honda Shaw says that its normal but I'm not convince. We've already replaced the air cleaner element and aircon filter but can hardly feel any change. Our old car Mazda 323 Famila is much cooler at blower dial set to 2. Any related experiences or opinions to enlightened me will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    out of warranty na ba yang car mo? obviously may diperensya air-con mo kung mas malamig pa air-con ng 10 year old car mo. have it checked by a good air-con shop.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quite abnormal. Yung saakin 2004 City Idsi 1.3 AT cvt. Bihira ako mag number 3 setting. Nasa 1 or 2 kahit puno ang sasakyan.

And to think di ko pa nga napalinisan ang air con filter for the past 5 years.

Paano ba ang pag-access sa air con filter para malinisan? Puede ba yun i-diy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honda Shaw isn't the best Honda casa around.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60189

I suggest you ask another service adviser for help. Even bother them to COMPARE your car's A/C coldness with another City of the same year model just to make a point.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    TS:
    Have you ever tried having the A/C system cleaned? That's annual maintenance on our cars.

I ran into cooling and idling problems because my evaporator and refrigerant lines were so dirty, they were producing a high-pressure condition and taxing my A/C compressor, causing the erratic idle.

I suggest you bring it to a reputable A/C service shop. Cool-Mate/Denso should be able to help. The one we frequent is along Pasong Tamo Ext.

Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Quite abnormal. Yung saakin 2004 City Idsi 1.3 AT cvt. Bihira ako mag number 3 setting. Nasa 1 or 2 kahit puno ang sasakyan.

And to think di ko pa nga napalinisan ang air con filter for the past 5 years.

Paano ba ang pag-access sa air con filter para malinisan? Puede ba yun i-diy.
    It's just behind the glovebox tray. Open the glovebox and pull out the tray - you should be able to see a little drawer. Pull out the drawer and voila, you have removed the A/C cabin filter.

Depending on the model this drawer-type filter may not exist. On my 2005 GD1 Jazz 1.3 there isn't one, nor is there a drawer for it. I made a DIY filter out of Filtrete instead. It decreased the blower's power, but also certainly cleaned up the air it's blowing.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Better to bring it to a Honda service station. Try mo casa sa Quezon Avenue.

BTW hindi normal yung nangyayari sa aircon mo. Pero like you our older Mazda 323 familia also does blow colder than the Honda City. And stock pareho yung walang upgrade or anything (except refrigerant).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the air coming out of the other vents? Set the vent selector to 'FACE' and set recirculate to 'ON'.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have the car checked by Honda Shaw last weekend. It was obvious this time that there is a problem. The service advisor took out the cabin air filter from behind the glovebox, and it was really dirty. He took it off and wow the aircon was blowing really cool. He also measured the temperature by a handheld laser device, pointed it for sometime against the air flow and the temp measured 5 degrees celcius. He told me that the acceptable output would be at least 9 degrees celcius, hence the aircon is fine (minus the filter). He then proceeded to clean the filter with compressed air, put it back again, there was a significant decrease in the air flow compared to when the filter was off, but there was definetely an improvement from before it was cleaned. The temp is good at 7 degrees celcius. I was not convinced since when I replaced the filter with a brand new one (six months ago) it didn't have this same output. So I insisted that we compare it with another unit of the same model. Luckily there was one, so we did. The other car yielded 9 degrees celcius and the air coming out was obviously not as strong as my aircon now. This is really an issue for the honda city.

It didn't make sense to me that the aircon didn't have this output when the filter was brand new. I can only speculate that the dirt and the cleaning process made it less stiff and therefore allowed more air to go through (but that also mean it is filtering less dirt). My advisor told me that without the filter, you will have to clean the evaporator more often. Also I realized that I shouldn't have to replace the aircon filter when cleaning it is still an option. The filter costs 3K. I still have my old filter and I think it is still ok. Ill have one replaced by the other every now and then.

Thanks to all who took time to reply to this thread.

Case close.

My Honda City 1.3 CVT 2008 has weak aircon