New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Although pale in comparison to Toyota’s recent recall woes, Honda announced on Friday the not-so-insignificant recall of 646,000 vehicles. The global recall covers Honda’s Jazz/Fit and City small car models.

The recall is due to a potentially faulty window switch. The recall was prompted by a fire that tragically claimed the life of a young child.

According to Honda, some Jazz/Fit and City models could be fitted with a defective master switch, which could allow water to leak through. If water comes in contact with the power window switch, it could potentially lead to a fire.

The recall includes all vehicles sold in North and South America, Europe, South Africa and Asia, but excludes vehicles sold in Japan. The recall includes about 140,000 vehicles in the United States. Three fires have been linked to the defect, two occurring in the United States.
    - http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-an...al-recall.html

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *edit*
    Thread title should have read: Honda announces 646,000 vehicle Global Recall (includes Jazz/Fit & City models)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i did catch this particular story over at cnn regarding the global recall of the jazz together w/ the toyota recall news tidbit too. hopefully the local honda dealers would inform owners what's their plan of action very soon

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think I remember reading somewhere that this is limited only to the 2002-2008 releases, right?

9202:toothbrush:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Philippine units aren't affected according to Honda Philippines.

This is water under the bridge.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Back to topic:
    This has been answered on Honda Club Philippines' forum.

Here are the specifics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacundo
    affected models and country of origin only are as follow;

02-08 fit/jazz manufactured in suzuka (japan), china, brazil
    07-08 city manufacture in thailand, malaysia and india

the switch is manufactured by OMRON

philippines is not affected by this recall......
    Quote Originally Posted by desesais
    Ang kasama lang sa Recall sa ASIA market are the JAZZ tha was made in JAPAN and City na made in THAILAND....and since HCPI distributes CITY that is proudly philippine made and the JAZZ is from THAILAND...so di affected cars ng HCPI... came from HCPI source hehehe...wala na iba affected n model since JAZZ and CITY has the same "power window" assembley....
    Source:
    http://s3.zetaboards.com/HCP/topic/7321459/3/

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]MODERATOR's Note:

Flame bait posts and responses removed.
    [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Honda claims na hindi affected yung mga units nila dito sa Philippines, I will say NO NO NO to that. Kasi i had an experience kung saan nangamoy sunog dun sa loob ng kotse ko (Honda City) while driving along EDSA. This was last year. I had to stop kasi baka bigla na lang masunog yung buong kotse. i turned off the engine and check everything. Pinahatak ko na lang yung kotse kasi baka mamaya while driving e bigla na lang masunog. Pinacheck ko and the mechanic found out na sunog nga yung window switch sa driver side. Sana maging honest naman ang Honda dahil safety ng tao yung pinag uusapan dito. Yes, definitely malaking loss sa kanila yung pag recall and pag fix ng problem pero sana isipin din nila na safety ng tao yung nakasalalay dun. Kaya Honda, be honest sa mga clients nyo.

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rmotas View Post
    Honda claims na hindi affected yung mga units nila dito sa Philippines, I will say NO NO NO to that. Kasi i had an experience kung saan nangamoy sunog dun sa loob ng kotse ko (Honda City) while driving along EDSA. This was last year. I had to stop kasi baka bigla na lang masunog yung buong kotse. i turned off the engine and check everything. Pinahatak ko na lang yung kotse kasi baka mamaya while driving e bigla na lang masunog. Pinacheck ko and the mechanic found out na sunog nga yung window switch sa driver side. Sana maging honest naman ang Honda dahil safety ng tao yung pinag uusapan dito. Yes, definitely malaking loss sa kanila yung pag recall and pag fix ng problem pero sana isipin din nila na safety ng tao yung nakasalalay dun. Kaya Honda, be honest sa mga clients nyo.

thanks.
    HCPI has to make it clear, because even if the City is assembled here, where do they source the parts? Is it the same power window/switch assembly as the affected cars?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    HCPI has to make it clear, because even if the City is assembled here, where do they source the parts? Is it the same power window/switch assembly as the affected cars?
    They did state the origin of the faulty switch assembly (Pacundo is a service adviser at Honda SPA Mindanao Ave. I believe) - I quoted him in a previous post.

The only missing piece of the puzzle is the origin of the supposedly non-faulty switch assembly which the local GD Jazzes and Cities have.

I'll try to fish out more info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda recalls 646,000 vehicle Global Recall (includes Jazz/Fit & City models)