New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi guys, I just noticed na may pagkamatagtag yung CRV. I just bought one last month. Can't help comparing it to our Isuzu Crosswind, which I think is less harsh. Just want to ask if there's someone out ther who experienced the same harshness of CRV, and did you do something to lessen yung pagkatagtag nya. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin_ac View Post
    Hi guys, I just noticed na may pagkamatagtag yung CRV. I just bought one last month. Can't help comparing it to our Isuzu Crosswind, which I think is less harsh. Just want to ask if there's someone out ther who experienced the same harshness of CRV, and did you do something to lessen yung pagkatagtag nya. Thanks in advance.

Which year model (or generation) CRV are you referring to?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Which year model (or generation) CRV are you referring to?
    Hi ghosthunter, I'm referring to gen 3. I bought it last month, brand new, so that makes it 2011. Thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin_ac View Post
    Check the tire pressure, Thailand CBUs when loaded on ships have their tire pressures up to 40 PSI so they could easily drive the cars on the steel ramps of the ship.... Adjust it to 30 PSI for optimal ride comfort....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Check the tire pressure, Thailand CBUs when loaded on ships have their tire pressures up to 40 PSI so they could easily drive the cars on the steel ramps of the ship.... Adjust it to 30 PSI for optimal ride comfort....
    that is true. the tires are intentionally over inflated before leaving the assembly plant for two reasons:
    1- to prevent flat spots on the tires during shipment and extended parking at the dealership,
    2- to have better chances of not going flat while in transit.

the other possibility for a new vehicle harsh ride is failure of the pre delivery personnel to remove the rubber blocks on the suspension between the rungs of the coil springs. these blocks were installed to prevent sagging of the springs as they are tied down tight on the ship's deck

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Welcome to the gen. 3 world.

That's my complain since 2008.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Which variant?

The CR-V is indeed stiff, but not categorically worse than the Crosswind... unless you're coming from an older XTO variant or a recent XT or XTi variant with the smaller tires... yes... those do ride more comfortably. The XUVi is just as bad, in my experience.

The lower-end CR-V variant has stiff and thin fabric seats. These amplify the harsh ride. The higher-end variant's leather seats soften it. If you have a lower-end variant, consider padded leatherette seat covers.

Check tire inflation. If it's underinflated or overinflated too much, that can cause a poor ride.

The easiest solution would be to change out the craptastic Bridgestone Duelers for better tires.

There's a possibility of curing the ride with better aftermarket shock absorbers or softer springs... but this is an unnecessary and major expense on such a new car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Actually the pressure is 30 psi already, when I feel harshness.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    that is true. the tires are intentionally over inflated before leaving the assembly plant for two reasons:
    1- to prevent flat spots on the tires during shipment and extended parking at the dealership,
    2- to have better chances of not going flat while in transit.

the other possibility for a new vehicle harsh ride is failure of the pre delivery personnel to remove the rubber blocks on the suspension between the rungs of the coil springs. these blocks were installed to prevent sagging of the springs as they are tied down tight on the ship's deck
    I actually had my mandatory 1-month service with Honda. I still encounter the same harshness. I'm thinking that if ever there's a rubber block on the suspension, they should have removed it already, am I right? Or do I need to remind them of this? How will I know if there's a rubber block on the suspension?
    Last edited by edwin_ac; October 31st, 2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: grammar

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Welcome to the gen. 3 world.

That's my complain since 2008.
    Oo nga. Nabasa ko lang yung isang thread about its harshness nung nakabili na ko e.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda CRV harsh ride